• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Danganronpa

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Interestingly, the game actually has a walkthrough. Also - here is what I was able to findout:

From the creators and publisher of the BlazBlue series comes a visual novel prequel set 150 years before the events in BlazBlue!
Play a new type of visual novel where it’s not about the choices you make, but the information you gather!

Welcome to the TOi System - Rather than choices, XBlaze Code Embryo has an inventive new system that affects the storyline! How you gather information will dictate the path and ending you get. Branching storylines offer multiple paths and endings.

So - I will be doing something to get different endings - good ones and bad ones.

The artwork is beautiful in the demo and I like the demo enough to buy it June 24th.

Again, it will give me something to do until Dangaronpa 2 is released…..

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Okay.

So, I bought a Vita based on recommendations in this thread and have begun playing the first game. I was tempted to buy a Vita after Tales of Hearts was announced but Danganronpa and a potential sequel pushed me over the edge.

It’s really exciting and it brings a teen angst and lighthearted depravity that really provides an edge recent adventure games have needed. The Walking Dead and The Wolf Amongst Us are gloomy and miserable but Danganropna enjoys being dark and shocking.

The debate mechanics feel fresh in a way that makes Ace Attorney V feel like it’s from another era. I’ve felt some great tension and witnessed incredible revelations during those debates and I’m only on chapter three. Admittedly, even with the arcade-y elements added into debates to obfuscate the player, it can be easy to piece together each case.

I’m glad I didn’t spoil this one before playing it because I imagine even the slightest spoiler could spell out the entire game. I’d also recommend you avoid watching the trailer for the second game if you haven’t played the first because it implies things that are better left unanswered like Monokuma getting away with all the horrible things he’s done in the first game.

It’s also great that the game transcends its episodic structure and the characters don’t easily forget everything that just happened in the preceding chapter. There’s some actual satisfying character development going on and it looks like each character is going to have a full and complete arc.

ALSO, the game is ultra linear but that free time/relationship mechanic is a great way to boost repeated playthroughs. Getting to know your NPCs always sucked me into a game’s world and they’ve created a really immerse environment.

Now to the most important details:

Favourite girl is Aoi of COURSE but I think she’s going to become mega obese due to her emotional eating.

Favourite guy is Byakuya Togami. Seriously, could it be anyone else? Although I suspect he’ll talk the biggest game but not actually kill anyone OR he’s the culprit in the very last chapter.

Best wife material is obviously Genocide Jack.

Now you know. Oh, plus the soundtrack is crazy.

AND the Vita is getting a BlazBlue visual novel game? Good times.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I agree with what you say but I don’t want to spoil anything because you haven’t seen a lot (the bad ending is hard thing to watch Smile )

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I got the bad ending first time around and had to laugh - too funny.

The real ending amazed me - I want more!

I played the demo of XBlaze - beautiful game, story is interesting so far, I don’t expect another Dangaronpa, although the game has some glowing reviews.

Still, it is just something to play while I wait for Dangaronpa 2.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Mikekelly - 27 May 2014 07:08 PM

I got the bad ending first time around and had to laugh - too funny.

the “bad ending” is hilarious Tongue

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m really trying not to peek too much at Dangaronpa 2, I do like surprises and I’m sure the 2nd game has more than one ending.

I do have some basic ideas of the plot and I’m sure I will simply love this game.

Heart

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^i havnt seen any spoilers.. but i did the see the artwork of togami… its worth a laugh Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Keep everything danganronpa 2 out, no spoilers, I don’t even want to hear the slightest piece of info Smile

Soon…

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It is a long wait until September, but there is also a chance for a third game, now I wonder how that would even be possible - the release of Dangronpa 3 would be 2015 at the earliest.

Heart

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I just hope Danganronpa 2 doesn’t end with a cliffhanger like Zero Espace: VLR and then we have to wait indefinitely for a sequel…

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I actually could answer your question, BUT I thought you didn’t want to know or hear anything about 2?

Anyway, VLR has a real need to have a final chapter. I hope this gets done through any method (Manga, PSN only low budget release, ANYTHING).

Spike Chunsoft does great adventures and I want another from them after Dangaronpa 2.

Heart

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

The most recent adventure games Spike-Chunsoft developed, excluding the DR remakes, are actually Detective Conan - Marionette Symphony] and Detective Conan - Phantom Rhapsody. Heck, Phantom Rhapsody was released just a bit more than one month ago.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Just finished up the game. Wow, just wow. What a fantastic ending and a great message.

I thought Junko was a wise choice for the mastermind. Togami would have been too boring and Yasuhiro as the red herring was too convenient as mentioned earlier in this thread. The last few chapters effectively bait and switch the player so I had a vague sense of what or who to suspect almost up until the big reveal.

Most of my questions surrounding the mysteries were answered but I would have liked more specific details regarding how the despair movement gained so much power quickly and when exactly Junko wiped the other student’s memories. The game was deliberately vague on those details because they probably don’t really matter to the premise of the story but some attempt at believability would have made the impact greater to me, I think.

I have no idea how they’ll top this and the second game is apparently better than the first! Some of the surprise will be gone because we’ll be well ahead of the characters in understanding what’s going on. It will have a lot to live up to. Oh, I hope they also ramped up the violence. The final splatter was very satisfying and with the dayglo pink blood the game shouldn’t be afraid in being a bit more shocking, heh heh.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I recall in late 2005, I was at “Just Adventure” site and they were talking about “Trace Memory” on the Nintendo DS and what an amazing adventure game it was in a thread.

Well, in early 2006 I went ahead and took the plunge, got a DS and a copy of the game. I also got “Ace Attorney” too.

Anyway - the game was simply amazing and I ended up with 80 adventure games on the system when the generation had ran it’s course.

I am actually playing “The Last Window” for the third time on a DSi XL.

Forward to 2014 and everyone is talking about “Dangaronpa” - another amazing handheld adventure game.

And it does deserve all of the praise it has gotten - an amazing game.

I have read extensively about Dangronpa 2 and it has an amazing story - with everything improved over the first one.

It should be to Dangaronpa what “Hotel Dusk” was to “Another Code/Trace Memory” for me - a better gaming experience.

The day will come when two cardboard boxes will be in my closet side by side - a Dsi XL and it’s adventure games and a PS VITA with it’s adventure games. 

My guess is that in the VITA box Dangaronpa and Dangaronpa 2 will be replayed again and again - like The Last Window and Hotel Dusk are today.

Heart

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Super Danganronpa 2 is easily much better than the first game; the mysteries are better structured, meaning you won’t be able to guess/deduce all the twist and turns of a case before you enter the trial (because some crucial information is only given during the trial, like in the AA games). The story builds on the first game’s story, but also interacts with it at a meta-level.

The novel Danganronpa/Zero is best read after Danganronpa 1 & 2 (because it spoils some significant plot points), but is actually set before any of the games and does offer some background information on the how & why… But it is practically unreadable w/o knowledge of the series and even then it’s a fairly badly written novel…

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top