• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The all-things-Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect thread

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 12 May 2014 10:42 AM
Iznogood - 11 May 2014 10:38 PM

Edit: And I quite liked day 5 Wink

This is impossible Smile day 5 consisted of (I’m not sure where is starts):

I liked exploring the place, and I actually enjoyed the stealth section, though I might be a minority in that Wink

wilco - 12 May 2014 10:42 AM

Well, I could say I didn’t like this part Smile Fortunately exploring the swamp house and Tesla society was more fun with some good puzzles

For some reason I liked Sesan better than the swamp house but Tesla Society was the best part when it comes to puzzles, exploration and avoid dying.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I liked playing through Day 5 too! But when I first started the game it was too dark so I brightened it in the options & it was in Day 5 that I realised too much! so darkened it again! I’m playing in the Casual? mode and realised using the torch could highlight hotspots which made it more enjoyable. I wasn’t so keen on the stealth but found it okay despite being killed a few times!

I’m now in Day 8 & in the Tesla place. I’ve just opened a door with the threat of laser beams, used the smoke bomb & looked at the path ahead & thought ARE YOU KIDDING! I’ve tentatively tried & watched a You Tube clip to try & get some tips - anymore would be gratefully received!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I just put a lot of posts about help with puzzles and help with anti-aliasing settings, etc. into one thread over at the “Hint Requests & Technical Problems” part of the forum:

The big “Tesla Effect” help thread

Please use that thread from now on for all technical issues with the game, and for all help with puzzles and savegames and whatnot.

Thanks!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Finally I managed to go through Tesla Effect. I had a bug in a one of the last puzzles in chapter 9,the Power Routing Station puzzle, which made it impossible to complete it. I was literally stuck for hours without realizing it was a bug. @Wilco and some other people on the forum were trying to give me advise on how to solve it, but after countless of efforts I realized that there was something wrong. I decided to watch a game play video of the last parts of the game after that puzzle, and ironically the only parts left of the game were a few video sequences for 35 minutes.

Overall, I’m very happy with the game. I’m deciding if I should give it 4 or 4.5 stars. The only thing that I did not like was that the inventory/detective puzzles were way to easy. They were actually pretty well done and integrated into the environment, but you are given waaaaay to many hints on how to solve them (Tex basically spells out the solution for you most of the times), which takes away all the fun and thought process that could have been. There were also too many hidden object hunts that did not make sense and felt forced. A few of them would have been OK, but not for 6 instances. Overall great story, good acting, interesting locations, good inventory puzzles (most of the time) A great Tex game. Keep em coming.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

TimovieMan - 12 May 2014 05:28 PM

Please use that thread from now on for all technical issues with the game, and for all help with puzzles and savegames and whatnot.

Don’t you think it makes more sense to have separate threads for technical issues and puzzle help?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Antrax - 13 May 2014 03:44 AM

Don’t you think it makes more sense to have separate threads for technical issues and puzzle help?

Yeah, but a few of them are because people are doubting whether or not they’ve hit a bug, or if they just missed something with the puzzle they’re stuck on, so it can get muddy.

Still, there’s now two threads:

The big “Tesla Effect” puzzle help thread
The big “Tesla Effect” technical help thread

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

So there are now FOUR separate threads for people who want to discuss ambiguously specific nuances of Tesla Effect.  Bravo, Sirs.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

Lambonius - 13 May 2014 12:02 PM

So there are now FOUR separate threads for people who want to discuss ambiguously specific nuances of Tesla Effect.  Bravo, Sirs.

Don’t agree with the “ambiguous” characterization, but I do applaud the moderators for helping keep the discussions organized. There is a lot of interest surrounding this impressive game, and technical setting issues related to graphics can get a bit involved.

Also, according to this article, an iOS version for the game is coming:
http://leviathyn.com/news/2013/07/10/tesla-effect-officially-announced-with-teaser-trailer/

Maybe this is bad information? Some people in the comments there seemed to correct the info (and I know this was discussed earlier in this thread here), but I wonder if there have been any developments or new announcements about this. I haven’t been following every update.

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

As far as I know, there are no plans for Android of iOS at this stage. The platform used to develop the game is capable of developing for these platforms, but TE is primarily a PC / Mac / Linux (coming soon) platform.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

Keep it up and they’ll make a fifth one for users who can’t stop themselves from pulling the sarcasm switch on any possible occasion and mocking the moderators in the process. You know, the very ones that keep this amazing website civil and fun.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

No, there are only two. One catch-all thread, and one to specifically discuss spoilers (that should be avoided for anyone who hasn’t finished the game yet). Several new games have a spoiler and a non-spoiler thread, nothing unusual about that.

The Adventure subforum and the Hint Requests & Technical Problems subforum are entirely different parts, with entirely different goals in mind. The puzzle help and technical help are not there to discuss anything, they’re to ask for and/or provide help to people who are stuck in the game for various reasons.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Surprisingly my favorite Tex Murphy. Beat the game on gamer and got Hard-Boiled without a walkthrough of any sort…I couldn’t stop play (But I forced myself because of work). This had to be the coolest outcome of any of the Tex Murphy games. Great atmosphere. Great to explore the homestreet we grew to love in fully realized 3d. Great to see all classic characters return, with a few exotic(erotic?) characters that I was happy to interact with.

This was a great adventure. Smile This is how you do FMV right in the modern era. Sure there were plenty of environmental bugs and models that were missing smooth normals, but overall, this was a Triple A adventure title that did it right and then some. I could only imagine how the game will look and play on the Unreal Engine 4. Also I somehow noticed the game used the UFPS character controller plugin. Not that I have a problem with that. lol

Niclas - 13 May 2014 03:26 AM

Overall, I’m very happy with the game. I’m deciding if I should give it 4 or 4.5 stars. The only thing that I did not like was that the inventory/detective puzzles were way to easy. They were actually pretty well done and integrated into the environment, but you are given waaaaay to many hints on how to solve them (Tex basically spells out the solution for you most of the times), which takes away all the fun and thought process that could have been. There were also too many hidden object hunts that did not make sense and felt forced. A few of them would have been OK, but not for 6 instances. Overall great story, good acting, interesting locations, good inventory puzzles (most of the time) A great Tex game. Keep em coming.

I actually didn’t think so. it may seem easy, but I think with real first person controls, there wasn’t anything mechanically blocking us from exploring a room properly. I thought the puzzles/detective aspects were pretty on par with previous games. It was the controls that made it rough for me, but I didn’t know better back in the day until Unreal came out on the PC.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Yeah, I also think this is my favorite Tex game by a narrow margin. They did a fantastic job.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

AG’s review is up!  Thumbs Up

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

And a most excellent review at that! And I’m not only saying that because I agree with the reviewer’s opinion. Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top