• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

R.I.P. LucasArts

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Just for info, Pixar is owned by Apple.

Edit: I am an idiot.

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

dave_minall - 08 April 2013 04:18 AM

Your info is about 7 years out of date.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

TimovieMan - 08 April 2013 06:24 AM
dave_minall - 08 April 2013 04:18 AM

Your info is about 7 years out of date.

I have since edited my original post.

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 07 April 2013 03:11 PM
Monolith - 06 April 2013 11:01 PM

What was so kiddy about John Carter, Pirates of the Carribbean, the Muppets, Tron Legacy, Alice in Wonderland, Brave, Lone Ranger, on top of the stated Marvel films? Disney has a long history of kids films, but also a long history of films young adult/adult films and films in between that are very enjoyable….

I didn’t say any of those were kid movies? I mentioned that they made other things than blockbusters and kid oriented films, which no one else seemed to recognize.

You weren’t exactly the person everyone is calling out for calling disney films kiddy. lol

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Monolith - 08 April 2013 01:46 PM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 07 April 2013 03:11 PM
Monolith - 06 April 2013 11:01 PM

What was so kiddy about John Carter, Pirates of the Carribbean, the Muppets, Tron Legacy, Alice in Wonderland, Brave, Lone Ranger, on top of the stated Marvel films? Disney has a long history of kids films, but also a long history of films young adult/adult films and films in between that are very enjoyable….

I didn’t say any of those were kid movies? I mentioned that they made other things than blockbusters and kid oriented films, which no one else seemed to recognize.

You weren’t exactly the person everyone is calling out for calling disney films kiddy. lol

Just thought it was in direct reply to my previous post, as it wasn’t addressed to anyone specific and I couldn’t find any posts in the past 3-4 posts that seemed to fit the bill either.

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

In other news, the internet has been overflowed with LucasArts eulogies, “looking back” articles, etc., from the general gaming sites (and ex-employees), some sites posting several articles. Just shows how special the company (once) was.

A few selected:

Various game developers prasing LucasArts at Gamasutra (the last page is a nice piece from David Fox)
Ron Gilbert says goodbye
Noah Falstein
‘A Brief History of LucasArts’ on Gametrailers
Tim Schafer tweeted this video

Plenty more to read, watch, and listen to on this link:
http://www.gamenewshq.com/s.php?search=lucasarts&category=all&x=0&y=0

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 08 April 2013 02:08 PM

Just thought it was in direct reply to my previous post, as it wasn’t addressed to anyone specific and I couldn’t find any posts in the past 3-4 posts that seemed to fit the bill either.

Forgive me. <3

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

Disney decided to turn the Star Wars Saga to a Star Wars (complete) franchise by erasing around 25 actual years of Star Wars Expanded Universe (must be hundreds of EU books and Comics and many thousands of EU years). I guess they’ll start making SW movies as often they do with Marvel heroes… I hate disney for that. But maybe (just thinking…) they could at least complete the Loom trilogy and remake Loom, Fate of Atlantis and The Dig remakes(and hopefully not with the same graphic style as with the Secret of the Monkey Island remake)? Or at least they could make a new Star Wars AG (not action adventure)...

Am I asking too much?  Meh

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

scorp18 - 11 May 2014 08:57 AM

Probably Smile, but Disney has no interest in developing games internally, they licensed the Star Wars games to EA so they would probably be open to someone licensing their adventure games properties, for the right fee Smile

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

wilco - 11 May 2014 09:41 AM

Probably Smile,

I was afraid of it…  Tongue

but Disney has no interest in developing games internally, they licensed the Star Wars games to EA so they would probably be open to someone licensing their adventure games properties, for the right fee Smile

Still I can hope for something… Doesn’t cost anything anyway Smile

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Off topic, but I am looking forward to seeing what they do with Battlefront 3 Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Tad - 11 May 2014 10:39 AM

Off topic, but I am looking forward to seeing what they do with Battlefront 3 Smile

HERE HERE! So am I.

On Topic:

Disney decided to turn the Star Wars Saga to a Star Wars (complete) franchise by erasing around 25 actual years of Star Wars Expanded Universe (must be hundreds of EU books and Comics and many thousands of EU years). I guess they’ll start making SW movies as often they do with Marvel heroes… I hate disney for that. But maybe (just thinking…) they could at least complete the Loom trilogy and remake Loom, Fate of Atlantis and The Dig remakes(and hopefully not with the same graphic style as with the Secret of the Monkey Island remake)? Or at least they could make a new Star Wars AG (not action adventure)...

I think Lucas was just looking for money and authorized many stories that really have no place in the original trilogy. Its pretty much just fan fiction authorized by paying Lucas money. Tongue

Not saying they’re bad. Quite the contrary. Though I see why they would do it because its way too much to handle. Its easy when the world was built around comics, but its worse when an expanded universe is built on a trilogy of films. Much easier to just drop the EU and work on the original canon.

I would rather they do that than attempt to make sense out of a convoluted universe.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Not trying to knock the EU, it is what it is and you can get some enjoyment out of it, but I’ve always felt the EU was just largely fanficton and that’s how it’s always felt. Some of the stories that have come out of it I just didn’t see happening.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

We basically knew the EU wasn’t canon canon when the Prequels started invalidating things. This news is not a shocker.

The EU is only canon at the time it is written. After that… anything can happen to invalidate it. That doesn’t mean they aren’t worth reading any more. Thrawn Trilogy, Dark Empire, Dark Force: Jedi Knight… this doesn’t invalidate great memorable works of fiction from being great, memorable works of fiction.

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top