• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 72 - Gemini Rue

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

A couple of people at the end of this section. Has everyone gotten past the shooting scenes?

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I haven’t had much time to get stuck in yet but have planned on devoting some time tomorrow.  Smile

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Sure. Let us know what you think, if you like!

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I haven’t started yet.  I’ve got to buy some batteries for my wireless mouse.  They’re okay for typing, but I don’t trust them otherwise.  I hope to get some gameplay in tonight.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

how did you guys find the hotel part, could you find it satisfying, cs I ve thought its the weakest part and then the game picks up from there

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

btw there are still some hotel parts, later on, but I mean the first part of Azriel there before we go back to Delta6 shootings

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I agree. The best part of this hotel scene: one of the shooters sounds a lot like an indie game developer we all know and love.

Did everyone reach the end of the section?

I wonder why the letters D L A S and D are capitalized.

edit: I’ll wait until tomorrow morning to start the new section in this thread.

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Advie - 11 May 2022 05:05 AM

how did you guys find the hotel part, could you find it satisfying, cs I ve thought its the weakest part and then the game picks up from there

I had to reload 3 or 4 times there mainly because i didnt understand how the controls work and what i was supposed to do, but other than that it was ok. Tbh i didnt explore at all. I just go where the game tells me and it works good so far. I did try some doors though before i realized i need some hint

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve managed to get past the shooting scenes & reach the end of the section Thumbs Up

It was later shooting scenes that brought me to a standstill the first time I tried to play the game & I had forgotten how fiddly I found the controls but hopefully the good news is that although I had set the combat to easy it had slipped back to medium when I checked so I just need to keep an eye on that.

There’s quite often criticism about repetitive gameplay in reviews but there really isn’t anything more boring than keep having to repeat an action several times because you keep dying!!!!
But I’ve found the story just as compelling as far as I got the first time so I’m probably going to end up kicking more than the objects in the game trying to get past the shooting scenes hoping that I can this time Laughing

Advie - 11 May 2022 05:05 AM

I found it satisfying enough although going into the next room to access the room you want to get to via a balcony is pretty standard fayre for adventure gamers but at this point I was still trying to navigate aspects of the control system.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Has everyone reached the goal?

And does anyone have an idea about the capitalized letters in the note? I’ve been thinking about it since I noticed, but I have no idea. It could be a reference, this game is pretty generous with those.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I played a little bit before I got interrupted with some real life stuff.  Go on ahead, and I’ll catch up.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Alright!

Like little flakes of raw material sinking into the slurry bottom layer of a mineral concentrator… the plot thickens.

We got a disturbing note after a day of subjugation to the director. We got to know/forget a couple of people. Who are they? Who is anyone? At least there’s one person who’s dependable in his actions and attitude:

Such a courteous oppressor. I’m afraid we’re going to have to decline your request. We’re not quite sure what your plan is yet, but we’ve certainly figured this out:

This section will end when you get Paul vaccinated. Delta Six wil get a little more agency. And our gravel-voiced hero roaming the streets of Pittsburgh will do some shooting, investigating and he might even make a couple of friends.

It’s a bit longer than the previous section, so the goal is the 27th this month.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Vegetable Party - 11 May 2022 10:18 AM

I agree. The best part of this hotel scene: one of the shooters sounds a lot like an indie game developer we all know and love.

Did everyone reach the end of the section?

I wonder why the letters D L A S and D are capitalized.

edit: I’ll wait until tomorrow morning to start the new section in this thread.

I reached the end as I wrote before, will start the new part soon. The hotel scene worked fine as an introduction to the game. As for the letters… Who knows? Maybe those are the first letters of the patient’s name, like Diego Lucas Artes de Sieere Davegilbero (I imagine he is Hispanic for some reason). Or some voodoo spell we’ll have to decrypt, like “Devil Lucifer Antichrist Satan Dork” or something. Or their typewriter was broken.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve now got to the next stopping point - Paul has been vaccinated. 

I was quite apprehensive about whether I was going to pass the shooting test in this section this time or, on failing, have to bail out of the playthrough so I was keen to press on.

Up until that point I’d completely forgotten about the stealth & shooting parts which for the most part I found manageable…. & fun…almost!
(Btw Matthius is obviously taller than Azrael as he didn’t need to use the pipe to get over the wall. )

I didn’t enjoy so much after successfully reaching the stairwell in the Hibiscus Highrise building trying to get to the roof & confess to peeking at a walkthrough to help!

I don’t remember getting to the spaceship the first time I played so I’m guessing I must have given up after failing the shooting test.

I had several unsuccessful attempts at the shooting test this time & nearly gave up again until I paid more attention to the instructions (instead of getting so frustrated at losing) & realised that there was no hurry.  So at last I did pass the test which for me turned out to be one of the highlights of this section as well as thinking that it was an excellent `puzzle’ & far easier than it initially presented as.

The other highlight of this section for me was the challenge of getting the gun out of the testing chamber & down to the maintenance area which I enjoyed immensely. I was very lucky here as I’d realised that I needed to use a weight to substitute the gun & by chance picked up the right one from the gym. I’m looking forward to carrying on but the story is so engrossing……
I can’t wait 2 weeks but I know nothing & will only post when we’ve officially got to the next section.

I haven’t at the moment noticed anything that may refer to the capital letters in the note to “DeLtA Six D………….

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top