• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 72 - Gemini Rue

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

< transmitting signal - looking for connection >                                             

< ... >

$T@#)@!!%#@%!%!)!@$^.s…

Welcome to the Community Playthrough of Joshua Nuernberge/Wadjet Eye’s excellent noir sci-fi classic Gemini Rue.

At the start of this game, after a glipse into the predicament of Delta Six, you are cast in the shoes of a world weary detective with a troubled past.

and

Welcome to Barracus, where profits are made through mining and other forms of crime. You’d rather not be soaking in the unrelenting rain and atmosphere of urban decay, but there’s a lead you have to chase.

At some point during the first section of our CPT, you will find yourself in the body of Delta Six. Side effects are: memory loss, feelings of anxiety and alienation.

This is normal. Do not overextend yourself resisting the inevitable. We have quite a journey ahead of us.

This section of the game will end once you read a mysterious note and fall asleep. We should probably manage to get there in about a week. At this point, you’ve played as both characters. The next section will have you seeing the world from Azriel’s perspective again. This new section will start on Thursday the 12th.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

we are in debt man, for your carrying on efforts to these forums.

It’s installed, and ready when we all..

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Welcome aboard, Advie! Curious to read what you think of the game this time around.

Total Posts: 5596

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

My game is installed.  This will be my first time playing it.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Gemini Rue installed and ready.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I have a disc version of the game so I’m going to try & load it up on my Win 10 & if that doesn’t work I’ll try the XP I’ve got.

I got so far with the game before but wasn’t able to get past an ‘action’ part & I was so much enjoying the game up until then. I’ll see how I go this time…......  Smile

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I played for about an hour and i m enjoying it. The atmosphere is great.

I m kinda worried for the action though. Hope is not too bad if i put the combat difficulty on easy.

Anyway, i finished the section with Azriel and now playing Delta six.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i would worry about the combat at all, even the last one at the end of the game is very *intense*, is doable.
i suck all my life at action games, plus never liked them in the first place, I ve been able to finish this game 3 times, but yeah the last part you might need to restore/replay it more like a handful of times, but it is doable!

but Nico shouldn’t you wait?

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Wow, we have nice CPT team already! An not just any random crowd. Welcome Doom, Lady Kestrel, Nico2021 and chrissie!

Is there a disc version of this game? That is pretty cool.

I checked out the settings in the menu and set the combat to easy this time.

@nico2021: glad you like the game! This section isn’t very long, if you put some time into it. You’re near the end of this section (you’ll recognize it when you’re there). Let us know what you like about the game, or if you’ve figured out the trick for these action sequences.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i didnt recognize we started, but read the post again, and yeah, but I am confused as I dont remember this part being more than an hour of gameplaying, anyways I will start soon and see for myself

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Nico took the ball and ran with it!

I watched a CPT to get a sense of pace and a way to divide the story into sections. I didn’t remember this game being quite this long. This section introduces timed events, if anyone has trouble with these, maybe we can figure something out together to help.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

no no, i remember now, they’re a lot of dialogue and also weapon practice which can expand this part to more than an hour easily, its been a while since my last replay

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I started the game yesterday to see how it feels and it rolled nicely. As i said i played an hour, changed to Delta Six and did the turorial with weapons and thats where i stopped.

The acting is good and you get the feeling that you are in a dystopian future. Graphics are pixelated and not that easy on the eye, and the font is kinda hard to read but you get used to it.

I didnt have any problem with puzzles so far but it seems that there gonna be some pixel hunts, which i dont mind.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Vegetable Party - 05 May 2022 04:56 PM

Is there a disc version of this game? That is pretty cool.

Yes, I have a Collector’s Edition issued about six months after the original release of the game.

So far I’ve managed to install it on my Win 10 & play for a few minutes - so far, so good. The only problem is that I can’t get the game to run in full screen.

I’ve Googled to see what I can do & it does seem that this is also a problem with versions downloaded from GOG & Steam.

The fixes that seem to work for them just don’t work with my disc version so I’ve put all of my desktop icons into one folder & changed my desktop background to solid black. The game in a window now doesn’t look too bad! 

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’m running the game on Steam, pretty smooth.

The visual art is quite unique I think. It both pushes abstraction in general and particular detail in animations and reflections in the environment. It’s sombre, but alive.

I like the sound as well. Azriel is appropriately gruff and those synths in the rain really deliver on the atmosphere.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

VP, does the game run for you in full screen?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top