• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

tomimt - 02 July 2015 03:19 AM

Ragnar said that the three last chapters will all be shorter than book 2.

That’s disappointing to hear.  I have to say while I’ve enjoyed the look and feel of the game so far, I am feeling burned out on the story.  I was so excited at the start to learn something of Zoe’s powers and how she’s not just April who visits Arcadia by another means. But then she wakes up and they retell the entire story of Dreamfall all over again.

Zoe is restless and confused again, Watticorp and The Eye are evil in case you forgot, oh its Reza the boy Zoe loves only she doesn’t like living with him.  Oh… he’s run off again.  Oh she’s using a dreamer.. and surprise she’s wandering around Arcadia.  Are we visiting Brian next?

Kian’s a bit of a dull bastard, let’s just have him repeat Aprils’ role.  He can argue with the Rebel leader, be tragically heroic, notice the technology appearing in Arcadia, get upset about the treatment of the ‘magicals’, uncover vague exposition that the prophet and the emmissary are up to ‘something’.  I half expect him to pull out a ring given to him by his mother on his sixteenth birthday that he’s been carrying around all this time (yes I know that was TLJ).

I’ve enjoyed the interludes, mostly because its the closest thing to new territory.  I’m kind of regreting replaying TLJ and especially Dreamfall right before starting Chapters.  It was totally unnecessary and for all the wrong reasons.

I feel very let down.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The new update just informed that Book 4 will be dalyed a bit mainly because they are going to release the whole game ported to Unity5 from 4 onwards, which will bring the much needed speed improvements as well as increase stability of the game.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Seeing as I’ve had a lot of technical issues with the game so far, I guess I’m glad to hear that. But this stretched out schedule isn’t doing the story any favors. Frown

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

exactly!, i envy those who have the luxory of waiting and playing it all once Vol.5 is out!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

fov - 13 October 2015 12:04 PM

Seeing as I’ve had a lot of technical issues with the game so far, I guess I’m glad to hear that. But this stretched out schedule isn’t doing the story any favors. Frown

I remember gamers in other thread were defending this game and saying Dreamfall is stable.

Well jump to unity proves, i was right.

Anyway, i am waiting and will play this as a whole.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Chapters has never crashed on my system, so as far I could tell it was stable even on Unity 4, it just was that it had pretty bad frame rates.

But anyhow, judging from Wasteland 2 DC release, the speed increase should be quite noticeable. When I played the original I had to turn antialiasing off as well as set textures to lower resolution (and there still was some frame rate hits), now on DC I can play with all bells and whistles turned on with no noticeable frame rate hits.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

nomadsoul - 13 October 2015 02:46 PM

I remember gamers in other thread were defending this game and saying Dreamfall is stable.

As tomimt said, it generally is/was.
You can always find individual examples of people who has had problems with any game, but for 99.99% it works without any problems.

The reason they are upgrading it to unity 5 is mainly because unity 4 doesn’t support PS4, and they also want to make a PS4 version, secondarily because it should also give some rather large performance improvements. 

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I’m a backer of this game but won’t touch it until it is complete. Anyone know when this is planned to be? Judging from the last backer e-mail I read there are at least two (!) more episodes in the works.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Veovis - 14 October 2015 04:23 AM

Anyone know when this is planned to be?

No, but it will most likely not be before January/February 2016.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Iznogood - 14 October 2015 07:32 AM

Do you mean for the 2 last books or just the 4th?

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

UruBoo - 14 October 2015 04:03 PM
Iznogood - 14 October 2015 07:32 AM

Do you mean for the 2 last books or just the 4th?

The last 2 books - Book 4 should be “close” to a release.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

In todays kickstarter delays news, new update says Book 4 is delayed. Wasn’t it already delayed or is the delay delayed? I think November is the date if it’s not delayed again.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

I’m very happy that they’re putting Unity 5 above Book 4 because the game is almost unplayable for me. I can understand performance issues on minimum spec machines, but on dedicated gaming rigs that can play the latest AAA titles? It just isn’t acceptable. I understand their predicament as a small team using a third-party engine, but at the end of the day they’re accountable and need to fix it, so I’m glad it’s happening. I’ve loved what I’ve been able to play so far.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

In case anyone is interested: They have just uploaded a beta of the Unity 5 build of chapters 1-3 to Steam.

Personally I will wait for the final build, but it could be interesting to see exactly how much the performance improves in this build, though there are also some performance bugs that they are still working on.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Nice. I’m going to DL and check out if there’s any significant changes in performance.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top