• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: Play that Funky Music! ENDED!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 26 January 2013 09:03 AM

Next time you say you got an easy quiz ready I’ll run away like hell!

It’s okay zobraks, I’m all out of easy quizzes so the next one will be quite hard!

TimovieMan - 26 January 2013 09:08 AM

Sneaky pic from Lost Horizon. I didn’t recognize it and would never have thought it was from Lost Horizon in the first place… Thumbs Up

This is the screenshot the pic came from TimovieMan - I was originally going to use the brass players on the right but substituted the pianist at the last minute!

HandsFree, I agree about the educational aspect - I’ve come across so many games I’d never heard of through joining in with screenshot quizzes! & there’s at least 5 pics I found at the last minute through your ‘Stranded’ quiz!

For answer 48, here are the screenshots from both games:

Total Posts: 4256

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

HandsFree - 26 January 2013 09:52 AM

Well done zobraks

Thanks, HF. You did a terrific job, as usual.

Out of the pics I missed there were only 2 or 3 I think I should have found, like Waxworks and S&M hit the road.

I should (by all means) have guessed the two games I had played: Runaway 2 (I knew I had seen it before, but it looked to me like it was from an older game) and The Black Mirror (played it eight years ago, can’t remember that guy at all, even now when I know where he comes from), but most of the games I didn’t get were completely unknown to me.

But now I’ve learned about many games I had never heard before, so there’s a lot to check out.

Ditto.

Lady Kestrel - 26 January 2013 10:13 AM

I’m still kicking myself over a few of the more obvious ones I missed

Welcome to the club!

I’m just sorry it’s over because now I have no excuse for not cleaning the house.  Wink

Fien - 26 January 2013 10:52 AM

I will of course never forgive myself for not recognizing Edna (74).

Christ, you of all the people?
You’re almost fascinated with Edna as much as I am!

The pits of the pits are the Riddle of the Maze (33) which I not only played but I also have the original book.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Chrissie, Deponia 1 has blue sky too during Poki’s song, which makes it harder to guess without checking the games or watch the intro on youtube. (I was too lazy…)

My score is nothing to write home about. As usual. Theoretically, I should have recognized the 45 games I played. Thirteen is a lousy score. Some numbers bug me more than others. I thought #66 might be BM, but I’d just sent an email to Chrissie and I thought, oh well, it’s bound to be wrong anyway.  Foot in mouth Same goes for #7. I knew for sure the guitar guy in Capri looked different, but I didn’t even try Anacapri.

It gets worse. I actually recognized Callahan’s, but mixed up the numbers 4 and 18, which I spent some time on because they look so much alike. I will of course never forgive myself for not recognizing Edna (74). The pits of the pits are the Riddle of the Maze (33) which I not only played but I also have the original book. And it crossed my mind that #49 might be Total Distortion but I figured nobody would have heard of that music game, which I would not call a real adventure.

zobraks - 26 January 2013 10:45 AM

Almost?!? HA!

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Excellent quiz, Chrissie! I’m still kicking myself over a few of the more obvious ones I missed, but what struck me when hunting for my hunches was how relatively few games have musicians in them.  Lots of games have pianos, guitars, and even violins, but they just seem to be for decoration.  Hats off to you for finding so many different ones.  I’m just sorry it’s over because now I have no excuse for not cleaning the house.

Thank you Lady Kestrel! I had the idea for musicians about 8 months ago but never thought it would come to fruition as I never thought I’d find 50 pictures (which would have been enough) let alone 101 & I still have a few pics left over that I never used!

Chrissie, Deponia 1 has blue sky too during Poki’s song, which makes it harder to guess without checking the games or watch the intro on youtube. (I was too lazy…)....

....And it crossed my mind that #49 might be Total Distortion but I figured nobody would have heard of that music game, which I would not call a real adventure.

I started playing Deponia crossing my fingers that the exact screenshot wasn’t in both games - I’ve got a fair way through the game but so far haven’t come across the same screenshot - that’s not to say it won’t turn up later!

I did wonder whether Total Distortion, reading the description, would be considered a true adventure - one of the hazards of using screenshots of games you’ve never played!

As for scores Fien, I really appreciate you joining in - there always seems to be participants who enjoy just sticking to naming the games they recognise as opposed to others who like looking through screenshots to name as many games as they can (like me!)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 26 January 2013 08:54 AM

First to Name the Game

1st diego 22

I WON!!! Money Mouth Grin A great honor. It’s been a fantastic week! I want to thank everyone who supported me, my coach, my team… Most of all, I want to thank my fans - I LOVE YOU! Of course, I also want to thank the Quiz sponsors and chrissie, and I hope to come here next year and win again! Tongue Sarcastic

I’m still kicking myself over a few of the more obvious ones I missed

I’ll never forget that piano and tambur player! Angry And funny thing - as for WaxWorks, I was looking at screenshots from it over at Abandonia but that scene wasn’t there Shifty Eyed And for Full English, there’s an anecdote - I was reading Following Freeware one month ago, and I had actually visited Full English site wanting to try the game. But then I gave up due to the long loading screen. Frown There you go kids - if you want to win at quizzes, be patient. Grin

and The Black Mirror (played it eight years ago, can’t remember that guy at all, even now when I know where he comes from)

Just like me, you were barking at the wrong tree sex! Grin Grin (that lady is sure the “lady with the widest shoulders in an adventure” contender Gasp) I’m even worse than you - I played it few months ago, and still couldn’t remember it. I think chrissie is still laughing for my “Mozart” guess for it. (btw, chrissie, now that it’s over, you can bring some funny answers so everyone can see Grin)

but most of the games I didn’t get were completely unknown to me.

I think both you and me should kick ourselves even harder for not guessing WaxWorks. I think I can hear Jerry’s devilish laugh. Frown

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Almost?!? HA!

Hehe, I knew I’ll get a response on that.

diego - 26 January 2013 11:39 AM
chrissie - 26 January 2013 08:54 AM

First to Name the Game

1st diego 22

I WON!!! Money Mouth Grin A great honor. It’s been a fantastic week! I want to thank everyone who supported me, my coach, my team… Most of all, I want to thank my fans - I LOVE YOU! Of course, I also want to thank the Quiz sponsors and chrissie, and I hope to come here next year and win again! Tongue Sarcastic

Rip your shirt now and scream.

and The Black Mirror (played it eight years ago, can’t remember that guy at all, even now when I know where he comes from)

Just like me, you were barking at the wrong tree sex! Grin Grin

I think chrissie is still laughing for my “Mozart” guess for it. (btw, chrissie, now that it’s over, you can bring some funny answers so everyone can see Grin)

I went for And Then There Were None when I saw who had got it.

but most of the games I didn’t get were completely unknown to me.

I think both you and me should kick ourselves even harder for not guessing WaxWorks. I think I can hear Jerry’s devilish laugh. Frown

Hehe, I looked there too, but the time was up when I was around “M”.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5596

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Chrissie,
Did you take that screenshot for The Legend of Crystal Valley yourself?  I took the screenshots for Mystery Manor, and I don’t have that one at all nor can I find it on the web.  It’s vaguely familiar, but I just can’t place it in the game.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi Lady kestrel, I did take the screenshot myself from a You Tube playthrough but found it by accident as I was actually looking to find a different angle on the guy playing the pipe!

I think chrissie is still laughing for my “Mozart” guess for it. (btw, chrissie, now that it’s over, you can bring some funny answers so everyone can see

I didn’t think Mozart was a bad guess for The black Mirror pic diego! - actually I took out a pic from Mozart but not one of him playing the piano!

I haven’t got time until tomorrow now (I’m off to a party soon!) but I can give you some of the wrong answers (nameless of course!) & some of the pics I left out!

..... but most of the games I didn’t get were completely unknown to me.

I know what you mean - I didn’t know them either!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 26 January 2013 12:30 PM

I’m off to a party soon!

Don’t forget to take photos of the band. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

A very nice quiz!
I was blaming my “brain cogs” for a few pics that I was almoast sure I knew, then realize I’ve never heard of those games. I’m gonna check a few of those I like the style on, to see what to get/play next!
Congrats to the winners!  I had lots-o-fun !  Smile

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Chrissie, don’t worry, the Deponia 2 screenshot does not appear anywhere in Deponia 1.

LOL!

PS: I wouldn’t call The Riddle of the Maze an adventure game either. One big puzzle. Extremely difficult too.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

Thanks chrissie, for all your hard work preparing and overseeing this “easy” quiz. Wink Let’s just say it was a very… unproductive work week for me! You really outdid yourself by including so many lesser-known and obscure titles. I pulled my horns out for not recognizing Nibiru (too blurry?), JP3 and Runaway 2 among other games that I actually played.

I can’t believe I was the only one to recognize that Legend of Crystal Valley pic, something about the way the guy was dressed stuck with me! Confused (The musician is sitting in one of the side alleys in the village, Lady K.) Now, if only a certain AGer to whom I lent the game over a year ago would hurry up and return it to me! Shifty Eyed

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Thanks chrissie, this has been a great Quiz, and a most hard one too! (I haven’t slept properly in a week!:P)

Well done SweetD (and everyone who found more than a few)

Thank you so much, HandsFree. We’ve both done so well here. Grin

I should (by all means) have guessed the two games I had played: Runaway 2 (I knew I had seen it before, but it looked to me like it was from an older game)

I find it quite funny that you used to trick me in AG scene with various obscurish screens from the Runaway games, and couldn’t guess a Runaway 2 screen yourself. [spoiler]Karma [/spoiler] But of course I remembered it, a dancing hula girl would be an alarm clock I’d certainly get. Grin Yes it was an alarm clock in the intro, (when Brian wakes up) if you’re still wondering what it was. Grin

It gets worse. I actually recognized Callahan’s, but mixed up the numbers 4 and 18, which I spent some time on because they look so much alike.

Oh god, so 18 was actually Callahan’s? Gasp I thought it might be, because of the setting (that looked like a bar) but all the characters in the Callahan’s pics I’ve seen looked bigger, and for some reason I forgot to check it later on. Frown

Another strange thing is that I actually thought 5 is Gray Matter but I’ve already sent so many wrong guesses for that screen that I thought sending another one would be a waste of time. Shifty Eyed Foot in mouth

Lesson learned Dalilah, lesson learned.

1. Always follow your hunch
2. Check the games you have a hunch for.
3. Send all the guesses for a game you have (even if they turn up to be wrong ones)
4. Always double check your answers (this one’s for you Fien Tongue)

Trunkyo - 27 January 2013 03:32 AM

I pulled my horns out for not recognizing Nibiru (too blurry?), JP3 and Runaway 2 among other games that I actually played.

Oh god, speaking of JP3, that screen gave me a headache too.

Would anyone want to name the most hated screens in the quiz (screens they searched for over and over but came up with nothing?)

Mine are 9. (The Legend of Crystal Valley) and 92. (The Journeyman Project 3)
I searched through all the history games I could think of to no avail Frown Angry

Anyway It’s been a great quiz, most of the games I didn’t guess I haven’t even heard of, which leaves me with only about 7 screens I regret not guessing.

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

What a great week for my country(men) it was: first Diego won The Musicians quiz and now Novak won the Australian Open!

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

zobraks - 27 January 2013 08:12 AM

First Diego won The Musicians quiz

Yeah, he won the “First to jump into the quiz and pillage it” reward. Tongue What a great honour that is. I think he wanted to make up for not plundering HandsFree’s quiz in time. Grin

zobraks - 27 January 2013 08:12 AM

now Novak won the Australian Open!

I haven’t been watching Tennis lately, (I have some other things to do) plus Nadal hasn’t been playing because of his injury for quite a long time, but I’ve heard he’s coming back to court soon (some of Rafa’s greatest traits mentioned in the article too). Watch out, Novak! Tongue

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top