• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkNico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: Play that Funky Music! ENDED!

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 22 January 2013 07:52 AM

please let me know if anyone wants the quiz extended until Saturday a.m.

Extended? I want it shortened!
For Christ’s sake, stop the quiz now or someone will overtake me!!!!! (I have run out of time for looking for the obscurities)

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

chrissie - 22 January 2013 07:52 AM

Also please let me know if anyone wants the quiz extended until Saturday a.m.

That would be lovely, chrissie! Grin Thumbs Up I have some things to do tomorrow, so I won’t be able to guess that much. Frown Another whole day would sure help a lot. Grin

I just remembered you forgot to include one of my favourite pianists Tongue But you can’t really see the piano, and the pic would be too easy to guess. Grin

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

SweetDalilah (& everyone else except for zobraks) I’ll extend the quiz but please don’t get more points than zobraks. zobraks, the quiz for you finished yesterday - I hope everyone’s happy!

Seriously, the quiz will now end on Saturday at 1.00p.m.(GMT) (sorry zobraks!)

Personally I’m always relieved when a quiz I’m participating in ends so I can get back to doing some normal or even useful things instead of obsessively trawling through game screenshots (which I love doing too much!)

SweetDalilah, I saw some different angles on that screenshot but as you said, you can’t really see the piano & it’s very distinctive so for those reasons I decided not to use it!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

And how about this one? I’m sure no one would get it. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

zobraks - 22 January 2013 09:59 AM

For Christ’s sake, stop the quiz now or someone will overtake me!!!!! (I have run out of time for looking for the obscurities)

chrissie - 22 January 2013 07:20 PM

SweetDalilah (& everyone else except for zobraks) I’ll extend the quiz but please don’t get more points than zobraks. zobraks, the quiz for you finished yesterday - I hope everyone’s happy!

So we’re supposed to restrain ourself from guessing just so zobraks could win again?  Gasp Confused He can’t be the only one who gets to taste the feeling of winning. It could be HandsFree, me or anyone else for that matter who wins (We all get an equal chance, it’s democracy after all Innocent Wink).

And zobraks can keep trying to guess more screens if he wants to win that much (like the rest of us do) He still has 31 pictures to guess! Grin

If you were joking, disregard everything I said. Grin

Personally I’m always relieved when a quiz I’m participating in ends so I can get back to doing some normal or even useful things instead of obsessively trawling through game screenshots (which I love doing too much!)

Hah, I do the same thing, so I’m quite relieved when quiz is over too, however we need time to guess these 8 unguessed pics. Grin 23 in particular is bugging me, I keep having this feeling I’ve seen it or the style before, but I can’t find it. Embarassed

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 22 January 2013 07:25 PM

And how about this one? I’m sure no one would get it. Tongue

Hi diego, I have exactly the same screenshot from Curse of Monkey Island which I decided not to use because I thought EVERYONE would know it!

So we’re supposed to restrain ourself from guessing just so zobraks could win again?  He can’t be the only one who gets to taste the feeling of winning. It could be HandsFree, me or anyone else for that matter who wins (We all get an equal chance, it’s democracy after all Innocent Wink).

And zobraks can keep trying to guess more screens if he wants to win that much (like the rest of us do) He still has 31 pictures to guess! Grin

If you were joking, disregard everything I said. Grin

SweetDalilah, I was completely joking!!!! - it was meant as a humorous response to zobrak’s humorous comments & not intended to offend anyone, least of all zobraks!

Keep guessing! - the scores for the top 4 places are very close & yes! everyone has an equal chance!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’ll extend the quiz ... the quiz will now end on Saturday at 1.00p.m.(GMT)

OK, but if I don’t get enough points by then I’ll ask you to extend the quiz even further (like losers do).

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

zobraks - 23 January 2013 02:36 AM

I’ll extend the quiz ... the quiz will now end on Saturday at 1.00p.m.(GMT)

OK, but if I don’t get enough points by then I’ll ask you to extend the quiz even further (like losers do).

I did it for the sake of all of us Grin (not including you, you’re an entity of your own)

Why don’t you man up and admit that you’re scared of someone overthrowing your score?

I really expected you’d do better here, you know. (You did a great in the last quiz, so I felt motivated to do better Grin) I could have never thought that we would end up having the same score (like we do now) Yum Sarcastic

Seriously, 30 unguessed pics and you’re saying you can’t find anymore? Don’t worry, I can. Grin Tražim punom parom. Tongue

chrissie - 22 January 2013 09:03 PM

SweetDalilah, I was completely joking!!!! - it was meant as a humorous response to zobrak’s humorous comments & not intended to offend anyone, least of all zobraks!

Keep guessing! - the scores for the top 4 places are very close & yes! everyone has an equal chance!

Oh don’t worry, I have troubles figuring out jokes at first sight (probably because I’m not a native English speaker), but I did suspect it’s a joke, so it was meant more as means of teasing zobraks. Grin

Oh did I mention how much I like the title of the Quiz? It’s such a coincidence that I recently discovered the funk genre and have been listening to it non stop. Grin

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi SweetDalilah, I do angst about what I post sometimes as I realise my sense of humour doesn’t always translate too well!

Anyway, the inspiration for the quiz title comes from this catchy song from 1976:

Wild Cherry

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Just a reminder: quiz ends at 1.00 p.m. tomorrow GMT - that is 12 hours from now!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

RESULTS:

Correct Answers

1st zobraks 84
2nd HandsFree 76
3rd SweetDalilah 75
4th Trunkyo 64
5th Lady Kestrel 53
6th kate me 37
7th diego 25
8th TimovieMan 14
9th Fien 13
10th Dag 12
11th badlemon 10
12th JBS 7
13th Jabod 5
14th jhetfield21 4

First to Name the Game

1st diego 22
2nd zobraks 21
3rd HandsFree 20
4th SweetDalilah 17
5th TimovieMan 5
6th Trunkyo 4
7th jhetfield21, JBS, Jabod 2
8th badlemon 1

Only Person to Name the Game

1st zobraks 2
2nd Lady Kestrel, Trunkyo 1

Answers are in 1st post under pics. (4 unguessed!)

Thank you EVERYONE for taking part!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 19 January 2013 04:26 AM

The quiz is very easy

chrissie - 26 January 2013 08:54 AM

The Journey to Wild Divine 2: Wisdom Quest, Full English, Accolade Comics, Terrormolinos, The Riddle of the Maze, Blue Code, The Detective, The Space Adventure: Cobra, Total Distortion, Charlie Foxtrot & The Galaxy of Tomorrow, A Raindog Story, Tears of Betrayal, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery, 2004: Space Becherovka, The Lost City of Malathedra, James Peris, Razors in the Night, ...

Next time you say you got an easy quiz ready I’ll run away like hell!

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sneaky pic from Lost Horizon. I didn’t recognize it and would never have thought it was from Lost Horizon in the first place… Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Nice to participate in an easy quiz for once!  Crazy
Well done zobraks and SweetD (and everyone who found more than a few). Out of the pics I missed there were only 2 or 3 I think I should have found, like Waxworks and S&M hit the road. But now I’ve learned about many games I had never heard before, so there’s a lot to check out. Accolade Comics, Terrormolinos, The Detective, A Raindog Story, The Stone Circle, Space Becherovka…

Thanks chrissie, very fun, not to mention educational quiz.  Smile

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thumbs Up Excellent quiz, Chrissie!  I’m still kicking myself over a few of the more obvious ones I missed, but what struck me when hunting for my hunches was how relatively few games have musicians in them.  Lots of games have pianos, guitars, and even violins, but they just seem to be for decoration.  Hats off to you for finding so many different ones.  I’m just sorry it’s over because now I have no excuse for not cleaning the house.  Wink

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top