• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: Play that Funky Music! ENDED!

Total Posts: 5598

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I came back from my trip to London just in time!  This one looks like fun, Chrissie.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you Lady Kestrel!

The response has been overwhelming so far & I’ve ran out of my ‘sending PM’ quota for today!

I’ve hopefully entered everyone in order but just to let you know:

zobraks & HandsFree - all your answers were correct!

SweetDalilah - all correct except for 13,37 & 46!

Trunkyo (it’s lovely to see you here BTW!) -  a lot correct but 6,7,8,17,46,55 & 92 are incorrect & 48* (I’ll get to that one) & 91 aren’t the right games!

badlemon - 95 is incorrect - see about 48 in a mo!

Dag & JBS - I’m very pleased that you’re taking part but as other participants have been more precise it’s not fair for me to accept general answers & please JBS only submit 1 answer per pic per PM i.e. not it’s either this or that (ta!) The title would be preferable but I will accept a correct episode no!

Jabod - I’m sorry but your guesses for 26 & 65 are definitely not correct.
Thank you for the attachment re pic 48 - can now see why there are so many same guesses! Well there just had to be at least 1 pic to give me a headache!!! Having thought about it I’ve decided to be strict & insist on the actual game my section of screenshot was taken from!

Thanks everyone for taking part so far & please let me know if I’ve got anything wrong on the answerer’s entries as it’s been a challenge to keep up with (I’m sure you will!!!)

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It looked quiet at the start, but all of a sudden the pond is full of crocodiles!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sorry - pressed quote somewhere along the way - well it is Saturday night!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Great quiz! Some scenes look very intruiging, and there’re few pics that I have no idea where they could come from because the graphic style doesn’t ring a bell. Can’t wait to find out.

And - one of my planned quiz had “Guitar” as theme. Somehow, other themes always prevailed, and it’s just that I gathered several pics for it. Now, I won’t have to do it because majority of it can be seen here. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 19 January 2013 02:24 PM

It looked quiet at the start, but all of a sudden the pond is full of crocodiles!

Hopefully my boat will hold out! Off in a mo - but will post scores so far tomorrow - just need to check PMs to make sure!

Just seen your post diego - you could possibly still go ahead with the theme of guitars - I deliberately wanted pics with someone playing an instrument but there’s still plenty with just guitars! I can promise you I won’t remember them!

zobraks - 31 is right but 19 is not right!

Back tomorrow!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 19 January 2013 04:47 PM

... there’re few pics that I have no idea where they could come from… Can’t wait to find out.

I’d rather like to remember where some of the pictures I know I saw before come from.

diego - 19 January 2013 04:47 PM

one of my planned quiz had “Guitar” as theme. ... majority of it can be seen here. Grin

And there I was, wondering how you (of all the people) had managed to guess some of the games so quickly.

chrissie - 19 January 2013 04:49 PM

Back tomorrow!

See ya!

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 19 January 2013 05:03 PM

I’d rather like to remember where some of the pictures I know I saw before come from.

chrissie - 19 January 2013 04:49 PM

zobraks - 31 is right but 19 is not right!

Oh, wait - I don’t know what #19 is either. Or #31. Shifty Eyed Back to the drawing board…

And there I was, wondering how you (of all the people) had managed to guess some of the games so quickly.!

Those games are - 7, 13 and 70. The truth is, I had only 6-7 pictures for the Guitar quiz, but I was lucky because chrissie included those. The rest of the pics I had were just plain guitars without the musician. Like this one:

But I’m not telling the answer. Perhaps I decide to go with the quiz anyway. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 19 January 2013 05:11 PM

And there I was, wondering how you (of all the people) had managed to guess some of the games so quickly.!

Those games are - 7, 13 and 70.

You’re absolved, my son.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry is familiar with those pictures.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve managed to send a couple of PMs but this limit is just no good!

Welcome Fien & Lady Kestrel - thanks for joining in!

Fien - all answers are correct except for 4,10,46 & 48* - see earlier post about that one!

Lady Kestrel - all answers are correct! Hope you enjoyed your trip to London - did you catch the snow before you left?

HandsFree - all answers correct except for 46!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi diego - 17 & 82 are correct, 46 & 83 are incorrect!

Goodnight/good morning Trunkyo - all answers correct!

SCORES SO FAR:

Correct Answers

56 zobraks
43 HandsFree
36 SweetDalilah
35 Trunkyo
23 diego
15 Lady Kestrel
13 TimovieMan
13 Fien
10 badlemon
7 JBS
5 Dag, Jabod
4 jhetfield21

First to name the Game

22 diego
17 zobraks
16 SweetDalilah
15 HandsFree
5 TimovieMan
3 Trunkyo
2 jhetfield21, JBS, Jabod
1 badlemon

16 pics unguessed!

Total Posts: 5598

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

chrissie - 20 January 2013 04:00 AM

Lady Kestrel - all answers are correct! Hope you enjoyed your trip to London - did you catch the snow before you left?

We did indeed catch the snow.  Since there was only one runway open, our flight, scheduled to leave at 12:35 PM, was delayed two hours.  After they de-iced the plane, we were soon up and away.

The trip itself was wonderful.  It’s a midterm theater in London seminar sponsored by our local community college.  I got to see 11 scheduled plays, including 2 at Stratford, a backstage tour of the National Theatre, a tour of the Globe, and several classes with various directors, actors, and tech people.  I also saw 3 other shows, 2 concerts, and many museum exhibits.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

chrissie - 20 January 2013 04:00 AM

I’ve managed to send a couple of PMs but this limit is just no good!

Welcome Fien & Lady Kestrel - thanks for joining in!

Fien - all answers are correct except for 4,10,46 & 48* - see earlier post about that one!

HandsFree - all answers correct except for 46!

What about my guesses, chrissie? I see you counted them in, but I didn’t get a PM, or an answer here, about which ones are correct?

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m so sorry SweetDalilah, all your last answers were correct except for 17! I thought I’d been able to send a couple of PMs & I’m sure one had gone to you so that’s why you were missed out on the post - obviously you didn’t get it!

Also Fien, answer to 48 correct!

If anyone else didn’t get a PM & I haven’t posted here please let me know!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

SCORES SO FAR:

Correct Answers

70 zobraks
67 HandsFree
62 SweetDalilah
58 Trunkyo
34 Lady Kestrel
25 diego
22 kate me
14 TimovieMan
13 Fien
12 Dag
10 badlemon
7 JBS
5 Jabod
4 jhetfield21

First to name the Game

22 diego
20 HandsFree
19 zobraks
17 SweetDalilah
5 TimovieMan
3 Trunkyo
2 jhetfield21, JBS, Jabod
1 badlemon

8 pics still unguessed!

I know you’ll let me know if I’ve got anything wrong! Also please let me know if anyone wants the quiz extended until Saturday a.m.

Just to let you know - if I haven’t responded to PMs/updated within 10-12 hours from now I’ve been trapped at work due to weather conditions & will catch up as soon as I can!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top