• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkNelza

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 49 Post Mortem

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think most, if not all, are past the post-maze Kaufner’s office. Although that’s hard to know because other than you, Dumbeur and me, I don’t know where anyone is.

I went back to M. Loiseau’s room and listened to the recording. There was a fair amount of information in that. Obvious conflict between two of the main remaining characters. If you stopped there, without further interrogation, you may have missed more information.

I’ve still not been able to enter the Brotherhood.Is it really necessary?

Having had one monster crash, I am on pins and needles every time I change locations.

It’s getting really exciting now. The end is in sight. I just don’t want to screw something up.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Yes, the BSORC/Brotherhood is a key location and the way to get in is rather unintuitive but you’ll likely stumble across it making the usual rounds.

I’m interested in how far everyone else has gotten too. Grin

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I know at least one major player who needs a few days to catch up.

So, let’s give him a couple of days to do that.

I also have finished the game to checkpoint, but I can wait a couple of days.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

I’m still at the start of the section where you play as Hellouin. Having a sick kid at home isn’t helping in finding the time to play. But don’t wait for me - I’ll ty to catch up as soon as I have the time.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ok then, let’s all play the game including completing all tasks at the Meeting Hall of the BSORC by this Thursday.

As usual, posts on the game, good or bad are much appreciated.

I do agree, some of the animation in the game is simply awful, so I can see why some didn’t care for it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Made a little progress, I think. Got into the Brotherhood, but only found a book and a coin. Although I did have a nice conversation with the doorman. A bit disappointing because it was not the book on alchemy that I expected to find. I’m guessing the dates in the book I found might be used with the three posters on the crypt wall.

Taking a break while I digest the information.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I also ran into the same problem that rtrooney had. When trying to enter Dr. Kaufner’s office the screen goes black and the cursor leaves trails. Fortunately when I restarted and loaded a previous save I was able to enter and complete the maze. Not sure what triggered the glitch. But glad I was able to get back on track. I’m a bit farther along than Thurday’s goal so I’ll probably go ahead and finish it up over the weekend. I must say, this has been a really enjoyable game, despite some of the puzzles being a complete train wreck. I guess coming into this with incredibly low expectations has made it better than I expected, lol.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This Thursday we will try to get to the end of the game as the next checkpoint. So basiclly everyone has until November 15th to finish the game.

I am looking forward to the reviews of the game after everyone finishes it.

Heart

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’m having problems too.
The game was more stable on Windows 98.
I’m not sure if I should blame Windows updates or my modern video card and drivers.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think I’m fairly close to the end. But I think there is more “cleaning up” to do in order to reach a satisfactory conclusion. E.g., In the crypt there is a bottle that you can pick up that matches the powder you found in the Whyte’s room. I’ve moved my cursor over that table I don’t know how many times. But this latest time I was able to pick something up. Having that in your inventory also allows you to have the discussion with LeBrun regarding Hellouin’s innocence.

There is a lot of interlocking stuff here in the endgame. I remember from the last time I played that there is an item I need to find that will allow me to talk with Bebe about Hulot’s death. And that, in turn, will allow me to investigate the most diabolical puzzle ever devised by man, the Fresco puzzle. And, from there, I think you’re really close to the end. I hope to finish before the deadline. May try to do a binge play in between laundry loads tomorrow.

Edit: Based on Dumbeur’s experience, it seems that it is possible to finish the game without tying up all the loose ends. But, other than failing to get Hellouin out of jail, he really didn’t tell us what he was able to bypass and still finish the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Honestly, I’m still unsure if I satisfied all of the evidence to get Hellouin freed.  The interview at the station made it unclear if I had succeeded.  Other than that, I did everything by the book…I think.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m past the part where we play as Hellouin. I really liked that part, it was well-structured with cut-backs to remind us that in reality we’re still above that office talking to Hellouin.

I just went to talk to Sophia Blake again, and suddenly I can mention something called the “Head of Baphomet” despite never hearing that name in-game before. Luckily it’s not hard to figure out what it is, but it’s definitely something I missed…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

TimovieMan - 04 November 2018 04:02 AM

I’m past the part where we play as Hellouin. I really liked that part, it was well-structured with cut-backs to remind us that in reality we’re still above that office talking to Hellouin.

I was about to make a similar comment. This part felt focussed and had clear narrative momentum, without seemingly arbitrary puzzles put in the way.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Managed to finish up today. Man, that Fresco puzzle took me ages! Very poorly designed.

Overall I would say it’s a pretty good game, aside from a few horrid puzzles that is. It has a decent enough plot with a few typical twists along the way, nothing new or ground breaking, but interesting nonetheless. For the most part I enjoyed it and glad I finally got around to playing it after all these years. Definitely worth the $1 I spent on it. Tongue

Also, there are 4 possible endings depending on whether or not you collected all the evidence to clear Hellouin. (You will know if you collected everything if Lebrun brings Hellouin in for questioning.) After that it’s just a matter of choosing 1 of the 2 possible outcomes in the final confrontation.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I finished as well. I did use a walkthrough to do the Fresco. I think I used one when I first played it. Or rather, a friend emailed me a screenshot.

The Desk Sergeant did bring Hellouin into LeBrun’s office for questioning. But LeBrun never said anything like “You’re free to go.” So I’m not entirely sure what Helouin’s fate is.

I’m also not sure what the reason was for the alchemy puzzle in the crypt. That’s a lot of trouble for an insignificant, to me, piece of evidence.

Also not sure why Gus didn’t cut down Blake. What better way to insure he did NOT get paid than by literally leaving her hanging.

I enjoyed the game. Although, to be fair, not as much as I did when I first played it. The puzzles, (except for three,) held up well. As did the voice acting and plot. The technology, however, did not age well. But then fifteen years ago I was probably playing it on equipment that was more suitable to the game’s system requirements.

Edit: A few other things.

1. A shame that De Allepin’s corpse is left to rot since he has a perfectly nice slot in the crypt’s burial area.

2. I was totally wrong in my guess that the book we found at the Brotherhood contained the solution to the Alchemy puzzle.

3. I’m not really sure why M. Loiseau was the final recipient of Baphomet.

4. I should have saved a game to allow for playing the different endings. But there was no hint that once you entered the final cinematic that your only option was to ride it until the end. That said, I was happy with the ending, so I didn’t see any value in replaying.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top