• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiezobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia III

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/198735/Syberia_3_the_sequel_of_Microiumldsrsquo_adventure_gamecult_saga_goes_in_production.php

Syberia III goes into production. Game design and story is finished.

Screenshots may appear at Gamescom.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Cool, i was just gonna post some new artwork released today Smile

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

A website full of Syberia appears (some of its English could use a little proofing methinks):
http://www.syberia.microids.com

Among it all, Syberia cartoon project: in search of designers:

Hello all,

Besides pursuing her amazing journey in the third video game demanded since almost decade by his(her) fans, the Syberia saga also gets ready to take life in a comic version.

EXPERIMENTED DRAFTSMEN, if it tempts you to get on the train with Kate Walker for an adventure as we live on it only once, send your information and examples of works of type BD to MICROIDSBD(at)MICROIDS(dot)COM.

Do not hesitate to share the message with your contacts which this announcement could interest. Thank you.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sokal latest artwork posted.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Just to warn you all, if you hear a child-like happy squeal when this is released, it’s probably me.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

For a moment, I thought that environmental artwork was from Quest for Glory 4. lol Gah, two great games.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I just had to re-install Syberia 1. I had forgotten how much empty space there is on the game. A lot of screens that have very little relevance to the game other than make walking between places a tad more tedious task. Still a pretty looking game despite 3D characters show their age a bit.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

don’t talk about Syberia Like that tommit ,its the real shit man Smile

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The games had their issues, but overall it was good Smile

The ending of 2 took me by surprise. It was extremely…erm…flat.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Story wise another kicking the dead horse situation,first game was one of the greatest of decade and Kate’s story is complete one as GF,there is nothing more to add.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

I read this: ” He says that he would want to use real-time 3D graphics comparable to those of Assassin’s Creed. However, that would require a very large budget. He states that developing the game on the same engine as Syberia I and II is not an option because that would lead to a commercial failure.”

Hmmm, might be headed in a Dreamfall type direction maybe gameplay wise.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Could they not just make it less graphically taxing and stay with the Fable/Shenmue/ACreed idea?

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

tomimt - 24 March 2014 03:12 PM

I just had to re-install Syberia 1. I had forgotten how much empty space there is on the game. A lot of screens that have very little relevance to the game other than make walking between places a tad more tedious task. Still a pretty looking game despite 3D characters show their age a bit.

I never had an issue with this because I loved the scenery and the music so much that walking around the world was a joy in it’s own right. I had the same feeling with Grim Fandango…if a world is beautiful and captivating enough, “empty space” isn’t really an issue. Not for me, anyway.

I haven’t played the game in a long while though, so I’m curious to see how it stacks up.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I enjoyded it too when I played the game the first time when it originally came out. But now, I don’t know. I see it a bit of too desolate, as there’s nothing you can do in those scenes. There’s nothing else but pretty static backgrounds that offer no interaction. Pretty, but pointless.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

tomimt - 25 March 2014 07:36 AM

I enjoyded it too when I played the game the first time when it originally came out. But now, I don’t know. I see it a bit of too desolate, as there’s nothing you can do in those scenes. There’s nothing else but pretty static backgrounds that offer no interaction. Pretty, but pointless.

I suppose the problem there is it’s exactly that; a static screen with limited reason for you seeing it. Where as games like Deadly Premonition and Shenmue also have these scenes, they do actually add to a sense of realism of the games world.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top