• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia III

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

tomimt - 25 March 2014 07:36 AM

I enjoyded it too when I played the game the first time when it originally came out. But now, I don’t know. I see it a bit of too desolate, as there’s nothing you can do in those scenes. There’s nothing else but pretty static backgrounds that offer no interaction. Pretty, but pointless.

I think there is a point to it apart from being pretty.
One of the things about Syberia I have always loved is this sense of isolation, that the streets, the landscape, the buildings etc. are almost completely deserted, and it gives you this feeling of (almost) being the only person in the world.

I believe it was intentional and an artistic choice that couldn’t have been accomplished without these empty scenes.

I doesn’t mean I would like to see it en every game, but Syberia wouldn’t have been the same without them.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Youkol Camp ,Three weeks older .

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Gotta love the “giant emo biped llamas”.

Iznogood - 25 March 2014 12:22 PM

I think there is a point to it apart from being pretty.

I agree. It’s true it wouldn’t hurt to have more interactive points (that also goes for Sinking Island), I’ll take walking through “empty” Syberia screens over “using current inventory object only on current or next screen” anytime.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

One of the things about Syberia I have always loved is this sense of isolation…

So true. Usually I don’t enjoy the feeling of isolation in games, and sometimes games feel empty because they didn’t have the budget for dozens of NPCs. Syberia used this to its advantage by making Kate’s loneliness an integral part of the theme and story.

The series has a magical, mysterious, haunting atmosphere that very few games match. Sure, a bit more interactivity in parts could have helped—there was a lot of “I can’t do that”—but overall it was a special experience.

I’m really not sure what to expect from Syberia III, though. What are Kate’s goals? Where is the game set?

I wonder if a Kickstarter is incoming.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

Hey Advie, may I ask where you get all those nice concept drawings? I searched a bit and it seems the game doesn’t have an official site, or at least not yet. Benoît Sokal’s own site URL appears to be for sale so that didn’t help either.

Thanks!

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Within - 26 March 2014 12:54 PM

Hey Advie, may I ask where you get all those nice concept drawings? I searched a bit and it seems the game doesn’t have an official site, or at least not yet. Benoît Sokal’s own site URL appears to be for sale so that didn’t help either.

Thanks!

I’ll take the liberty; there’s no dedicated site for Syberia 3, but the official one for the series is now here. Most of the news is there or on Facebook and the artworks collected on Pinterest.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

Thank you for the links MoP! I can’t wait to learn more about this game. Hopefully, we’ll get a hands-on preview of some kind in the near future.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

orient - 26 March 2014 12:30 AM

I’m really not sure what to expect from Syberia III, though. What are Kate’s goals? Where is the game set?

Obvious that stars at Syberia,as a lawyer Kate’s goal might be saving the land from Russian gas giants and return to civilization gotta deal with local fiends along the journey.
Btw automotons doesnt work at minus degrees.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

How about, Kate saves Crimea?

Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Tad - 28 March 2014 01:10 PM

How about, Kate saves Crimea from Crimeans?

Smile

Wink

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Don’t be silly now, we all know the Russians are there. I’ve seen the bears on unicycles! Tongue

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Tad - 28 March 2014 03:21 PM

Don’t be silly now, we all know the Russians are there. I’ve seen the bears on unicycles! Tongue

Laughing

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

orient - 26 March 2014 12:30 AM

One of the things about Syberia I have always loved is this sense of isolation…

So true. Usually I don’t enjoy the feeling of isolation in games, and sometimes games feel empty because they didn’t have the budget for dozens of NPCs. Syberia used this to its advantage by making Kate’s loneliness an integral part of the theme and story.

The series has a magical, mysterious, haunting atmosphere that very few games match. Sure, a bit more interactivity in parts could have helped—there was a lot of “I can’t do that”—but overall it was a special experience.

Completely agree. I just hope that Syberia III retains that atmosphere.

Is the composer of the first two games also composing for Syberia III ? I do hope so.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Irongiant909 - 30 March 2014 11:15 AM

Is the composer of the first two games also composing for Syberia III ? I do hope so.

The 1st and 2nd were composed by different Artists/Musicians; Inon Zur for Syberia II and Nicholas Varley with Dimitri Bodiansky for Syberia I.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

Advie - 30 March 2014 01:00 PM
Irongiant909 - 30 March 2014 11:15 AM

The 1st and 2nd were composed by different Artists/Musicians; Inon Zur for Syberia II and Nicholas Varley with Dimitri Bodiansky for Syberia I.

Really? Well, I never knew that. Smile

I wonder who they’ll use for the third then.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top