• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia III

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

inm8#2 - 25 February 2013 02:55 PM

Nicolas Cage should play Oscar.

Nicolas Cage has given some pretty damn good performances in his time (Adaptation, Matchstick Men, Raising Arizona). The flack he gets from some quarters is not entirely founded, IMO.

And please don’t show me a youtube clip. I’ve seen them. Wink 

Point is, there are much worse actors than Cage around. Smile

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2010-06-20

PM

Cage’s been taking on terrible roles and scripts for the past few years due to tax problems. Apparently his accountant screwed him up big time and now he’s paying the price….. literally.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

inm8#2 - 25 February 2013 02:55 PM

Nicolas Cage should play Oscar.

A.A - 26 February 2013 02:28 AM

Nicolas Cage has given some pretty damn good performances in his time (Adaptation, Matchstick Men, Raising Arizona). The flack he gets from some quarters is not entirely founded, IMO.

And please don’t show me a youtube clip. I’ve seen them. Wink 

Point is, there are much worse actors than Cage around. Smile

Grin

Just wanted to say that Nic Cage is actually a pretty good actor. It’s not because he often picks crap films to star in that his acting is bad…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Cage is great, but man Ghostrider really killed it for me. WHY NIC!?!?!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

He’s better off playing sideshow bob.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I didn’t anticipate that much Nic Cage discussion. :p

How serious are they about a Syberia movie? Or was the poll just for fun?

Any news on when the Syberia III kickstarter might launch? I hope they wait until April/May. Many wallets will need recovery from the current blitz (Asylum, Dreamfall, Mage’s Initiation, etc.).

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

inm8#2 - 26 February 2013 06:19 PM

I didn’t anticipate that much Nic Cage discussion. :p

How serious are they about a Syberia movie? Or was the poll just for fun?

Any news on when the Syberia III kickstarter might launch? I hope they wait until April/May. Many wallets will need recovery from the current blitz (Asylum, Dreamfall, Mage’s Initiation, etc.).

PLEASE save some of that money for my kickstarter when we ‘kick off’. PWEEEASE!!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thats So Cute

But Kate is just Ugly here

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ick… Too much Lara Croft, too little Kate Walker…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

I believe the picture of Kate is the pre art work from Syberia II

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

So when we pick up with Kate Walker in Syberia III, is she going to be some kind of hunter-gatherer living in the wild? Tongue

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Let me make a bold statement: I am not convinced that Syberia III as a good idea.

I love Benoît Sokal’s style and storytelling, and i would really like to see him make another game, but i would prefer if he made an entirely new game.

The story in Syberia was pretty much concluded at the end of Synberia II, and any loose ends, like how she gets home, is something that i think is better left to our imagination. Somethings is better left untold.

And lets face it Kate Walker is not exactly like Indiana Jones, where you can just send Indiana on a new quest to retrieve some new ancient artifact, that could destroy the world if it falls into the wrong hands. It is not like you can just send Kate on a new journey to find some other (metaphorical) mammoths.

Also when playing Syberia i very much got the feeling that Kate Walker was on a journey of a life time, but the very nature of “a journey of a life time” is that it is not something that can be repeated.

I fear that another Syberia story would only subtract from the first 2, and not add anything to the story. And to me it feels like they are just trying to cash in on a previous success!

I might be wrong of course, in fact i hope i am wrong. But we really won’t know until the game is made, or at least we know more about the game.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Iznogood - 11 March 2013 03:37 PM

Also when playing Syberia i very much got the feeling that Kate Walker was on a journey of a life time, but the very nature of “a journey of a life time” is that it is not something that can be repeated.

I fear that another Syberia story would only subtract from the first 2, and not add anything to the story. And to me it feels like they are just trying to cash in on a previous success!

I couldn’t agree more.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I always thought Syberia 2 was just the tip of the iceburg. The game is called ‘Syberia’ and not ‘Land ho! What do you see?’ ‘I see a coastline’ ‘Ok good, lets go home. Thats all we care to see of the island’.

Seriously, there is so much to explore of Syberia.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

I agree too. But what’s truly required here for Syberia to go on is a unique or brilliant idea. A twist perhaps. Something that would make it worth revisiting Kate as a character. Like a completely different journey in her life. I don’t know, something as captivating and poetic as the original game was. Easier said than done, obviously, but I remain enthusiastic regardless.

Now I just wish they would quit with the drawings of Kate posing as Lara Croft’s sidekick.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top