• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Did anyone catch the latest Gabriel Knight Legacies video?

This is excellent promotional material. I really like what Pinkerton Road (and Phoenix Online) are doing, with some regular updates on the GK site and this great video.

This video actually contains a small glimps of one of my favorite renditions of the GK soundtrack: The Wolfgang Ritter theme, a slower, more melancholie version of it.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

subbi - 28 September 2014 05:54 AM

Did anyone catch the latest Gabriel Knight Legacies video?

This is excellent promotional material. I really like what Pinkerton Road (and Phoenix Online) are doing, with some regular updates on the GK site and this great video.

This video actually contains a small glimps of one of my favorite renditions of the GK soundtrack: The Wolfgang Ritter theme, a slower, more melancholie version of it.

Makes me want to play the original again.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2003-09-14

PM

Yes, that video is great, especially nice to see interviews with several recognizable game designers.

I’ve also noticed that Robert Holmes has been updating his SoundCloud with new music this week, which I presume are updated versions of the music featured in the GOG soundtrack.

The new tracks sound much better, and have restored my enthusiasm for this release. Smile

Here’s what’s been posted recently:

Voodoo Museum New Sept8 Mix
Gabriel Knight Redux
Nightmare v.2
Schloss Ritter
Ritter Chapel

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

That Gabriel Knight theme redux is still in the need of some adjustment. It still sounds pretty ugly and overly stuffed with effects. Though it is an improvement over the first version they posted.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I’d like to take a moment to congratulate PO studios and Pinkerton Road with their way of handling the build up towards the release.
The 10 days loaded with goodies, screens, music and Reddit is excellent and can help in generating more buzz for potential new players aswel as bringing in old fans.

Great stuff, very well done. This is the way to handle the re-release of such an iconic IP and game.

Good luck on completing the final package and hope you’ll have a very succesfull launch!
The better this sells, the greater the chance on the continuation of the series.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Hmm… there’se some perspective issues going on the newly released bayou and Africa scenes. And the style they’ve been done seems a bit different from what the interior scenes are. They look like, at places, like they’re pasted together from different pictures and someone has messed up the lighting.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

oh yeah. some of these backgrounds have a photoshopped quality about them. The first African photo for example, the tree has some photoshopped edges, and stray marks that need to be cleaned.

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

zane - 10 October 2014 04:51 PM

oh yeah. some of these backgrounds have a photoshopped quality about them. The first African photo for example, the tree has some photoshopped edges, and stray marks that need to be cleaned.

Yeah definitely. I also gave them beta feedback about the animated sky in the cemetary, because the 2D cemetary background is badly cropped and it doesn’t blend to the animated sky nicely. It haven’t been fixed, not exactly a surprise. POS seems to fix only the gameplay bugs after the beta tests, and all the other opinions and feedback are ignored.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

teme - 13 October 2014 05:06 AM

Yeah definitely. I also gave them beta feedback about the animated sky in the cemetary, because the 2D cemetary background is badly cropped and it doesn’t blend to the animated sky nicely. It haven’t been fixed, not exactly a surprise. POS seems to fix only the gameplay bugs after the beta tests, and all the other opinions and feedback are ignored.

it is pretty clear they are under tight constraints and have to pick and choose what to use their time on… But if they dont fix some of the story stuff people pointed out in the beta.. ow…

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

zane - 13 October 2014 09:10 AM
teme - 13 October 2014 05:06 AM

it is pretty clear they are under tight constraints and have to pick and choose what to use their time on… But if they dont fix some of the story stuff people pointed out in the beta.. ow…

Jane said on Pinkerton Road’s message board that “Grandma’s house is still on day 4, and the general order of what you do when, has not changed as this was a production/business decision made with our partners very early on.”

I understand that POS is in hurry to release the game on schedule, and it’s unfair to blame them. I guess I’m just disappointed that the game isn’t more polished, because there’s so much good in this remake, but it lacks that final polish which can do miracles.

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

tomimt - 10 October 2014 12:31 PM

They look like, at places, like they’re pasted together from different pictures and someone has messed up the lighting.

I think that’s the case with many of POS’s locations, in Moebius or here. They remind me of hidden object games in this regard.  Some of the cemetery screens miss a horizon, too. 

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

In the end this remake makes very little sense, as it is in essence a lowbudget remake of a game that was in its time comparable to a AAA titles of today. It’s like you take Transformers, or any other big budget action movie, and remake it with a budget of 2000 dollars and action dolls.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

tomimt - 13 October 2014 09:49 AM

In the end this remake makes very little sense, as it is in essence a lowbudget remake of a game that was in its time comparable to a AAA titles of today. It’s like you take Transformers, or any other big budget action movie, and remake it with a budget of 2000 dollars and action dolls.

But don’t you see? Anything old is bad! Must modernize everything! Having modern graphics makes it automatically good!

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

teme - 13 October 2014 09:20 AM

I understand that POS is in hurry to release the game on schedule, and it’s unfair to blame them. I guess I’m just disappointed that the game isn’t more polished, because there’s so much good in this remake, but it lacks that final polish which can do miracles.

yeah. It may seem like a small thing to some people but what bothered me most in the beta was: the blunder made with the napoleon house and sam. It made 0 sense. Even small things have to be believable in a good game.. and the writing on that just felt mailed in. Thats the polish i care about most. The graphical issues dont bother me as much.. but i understand its the graphical issues that reviewers are going to focus on.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Zifnab - 13 October 2014 10:14 AM

Having modern graphics makes it automatically good!

Modern gfx here? You wish   Smile

This could have been done in the Sims editor.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top