• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Wolf Among Us - Season 2 announced!

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

They should revive Sam & Max too, but Wolf is a good start Grin

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2017-03-20

PM

Here’s hoping they update their tech, at least a little bit. Some facial animations look woefully stilted by today’s standards—especially noticeable in a game about characters!—and I hear the designers complain about how archaic their build processes are.

Anyway, loved the first TWAU—maybe TT’s second best season of anything? Thrilled for another crack at that world!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

They did do some update work on their engine for Batman, or so I’ve gathered. But it still is a low end engine no matter how you look at it. In order to get it up to snuff they’d really have to start developing a new engine from ground up or start developing their own tools on the top of UE4 or some other high end engine.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

tomimt - 20 July 2017 11:58 AM

UE4 or some other high end engine.

Can iOS or other mobile ver run UE4 games?

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2017-03-20

PM

Both UE4 and Unity support iOS and Android natively. How well they work, especially for complicated facial animations, I don’t know. Maybe that is Telltale’s reason for sticking with such old tech—but it’s a shame that they’re not pushing the envelope like they used to.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Ahenobarbus - 20 July 2017 11:09 AM

And Hector, and Wallace & Gromit!

(I also think they could do a Shaun the Sheep game very well but I think they are going for “edgier” these days!)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

BitingWit - 20 July 2017 08:12 PM
Ahenobarbus - 20 July 2017 11:09 AM

And Hector, and Wallace & Gromit!

(I also think they could do a Shaun the Sheep game very well but I think they are going for “edgier” these days!)

Wallace & Gromit is no longer available to purchase from any digital store after a digital distribution agreement between Telltale and Aardman Studios has expired. So unless they decide to renew this agreement (which they don’t sound like they want to), I highly doubt we will see a sequel for it.

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2014-10-17

PM

Can’t wait for the Wolf Among Us XD

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-07-21

PM

TWAU is in my opinion their best work. The art direction, the script, even the memorable soundtrack bits…

But after having read the graphic novels, I’m kind of wondering - when in the storyline is this going to take place? Maybe the best way to go is to make a direct sequel to TWAU1 but still before the first comic book takes place. I won’t go spoiling anything but the comics really change a lot of the characters dynamics very early on and placing the game in that context wouldn’t be TWAU anymore.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

gamechuck - 21 July 2017 05:30 AM

I’m kind of wondering - when in the storyline is this going to take place? Maybe the best way to go is to make a direct sequel to TWAU1 but still before the first comic book takes place. I won’t go spoiling anything but the comics really change a lot of the characters dynamics very early on and placing the game in that context wouldn’t be TWAU anymore.

I want Animal farm and politics , not the old DonkeySkin plot thread

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-07-21

PM

The donkeyskin stuff is resolved neatly in TWAU but I think they will at least address it? For the feeling of continuity. But I think the farm is off limits to Bigby.

Another question - will you be able to import the save from TWAU and have your decisions then impact the sequel? That’d be neat.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Maybe a good idea would be to keep the themes of the comics but ignore the events and make their own story (like in Batman). Having to follow it might be limiting. Respecting the comics they have to set it before the events of Fables and can’t use a lot of good characters and places.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I was checking PS4 ver , might will double dip , i think it has best artstyle, coloring and character designs of all TTGames and it has aged well in aesthetics except ofcourse animations

I need that art design and shading back….

gamechuck - 21 July 2017 05:39 AM

Another question - will you be able to import the save from TWAU and have your decisions then impact the sequel? That’d be neat

There weren’t major but some dead characters based on your decision and their effect on Fables universe can be carried over, like death of Crooked man

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Telltale ditching old engine for (cough, cough) Unity. I’m sure this will help stability a lot Shifty Eyed

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-25-finally-telltale-is-ditching-its-old-engine

Also lots of lay offs some time ago, switching board members. Kevin Bruner was suing Telltale, don’t know where it stands.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/15/17467166/telltale-lawsuit-kevin-bruner

WaU2 was delayed some time ago to 2019 (or more…) but company seems a bit of a mess now

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

wilco - 25 June 2018 10:01 AM

Telltale ditching old engine for (cough, cough) Unity. I’m sure this will help stability a lot Shifty Eyed

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-25-finally-telltale-is-ditching-its-old-engine

Also lots of lay offs some time ago, switching board members. Kevin Bruner was suing Telltale, don’t know where it stands.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/15/17467166/telltale-lawsuit-kevin-bruner

WaU2 was delayed some time ago to 2019 (or more…) but company seems a bit of a mess now

It`s a bloody mess yes, but at least they are doing some rough changes now, try to fix some things. Should have done that much earlier of course..

Lets hope the best!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top