• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Wolf Among Us - Season 2 announced!

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Layoffs are always nasty and I understand your concerns SoccerDude but my understanding is that telltale growed up too fast and became too big. It tried to mass produce games in fast pace but they only managed to water down their formula like PlanetX said. They lost gamers and got financial troubles. I dont know but layoffs might be the way to save company in this situation?

I`m repetitive too but time will tell.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2004-12-07

PM

SoccerDude - 27 June 2018 05:15 PM

I used to work at Zynga’s direct competitor and that company is devoid of any creativity or soul. What was the first thing this guy did when he joined Telltale? Layed off 25% of their workforce. Let’s see where Telltale is heading.

Sure, but we have no idea what the inner workings of those layoffs actually were. They might be unneccesarily harsh layoffs, totally necessary, or probably somewhere in between. And I just don’t think you can judge a person from his work resume. I mean if I worked for a soulsucking moneyprinting conglomerate for a couple of years, I know I’d be chomping at the bit to work at a smaller outfit with a better track record of caring about their customers.

Anyways, I’m cautiously optimistic. At least something is happening. Telltale was my favorite developer for years, back when the adventure game output was pretty drab overall. Now we’ve got so much good stuff that I don’t really miss them that much. But more good stuff is always better! (Maybe not for my social life, but yeah..)

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2004-12-07

PM

wilco - 27 June 2018 01:45 PM

This interesting article from the Borderlands development kind of shows how hectic it was.

An interesting excercise is trying to google the various key staffers from that article, and seeing how “many” of them are still at Telltale. I’ve done it to 10-12 people so far. The tally so far: 1.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top