• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 29 June 2014 05:39 PM
UPtimist - 29 June 2014 05:23 PM

Oh my god what a pathetically blatant dive from Robben. I mean, you’d think someone who dives so much as he does would have learned not to do it so badly.

Herrera was fighting over this

http://www.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2014-06-29/world-cup-2014-miguel-herrera-shove-angry-mad-referee-official-mexico-netherlands-penalty

LOL at Herrera shoving Van Persie!! “I’m talking here, get the hell out” Grin Grin Can’t believe that guy is out of the world cup…

Extra time now… I’m having 2004 flashbacks… Greece is going to win the cup Smile (Costa Rica was very poor, even with eleven…)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 29 June 2014 05:53 PM

Ugh. Equalized.
Another half hour of this crap… Meh

I can’t watch any more I’ve work in the morning.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 29 June 2014 06:03 PM

I can’t watch any more I’ve work in the morning.

So do I. Watching anyway. Although I really wonder why with these teams… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I can’t stop watching. Must know how it ends.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s the prospect of a penalty shoot-out, everybody wants to see it!

Although the way this is going Costa Rica will be lucky to get there

Edit: I can’t believe Karagounis is still out there… The guy is like 50 years old! (actually 37, but still…)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Navas saving Costa Rica in the last minute! Penalties!

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Whew! And off to bed!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Navas for Man of the Match! Cool

Greece are out!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Costa Rica sure knows how to take good penalties. Holland better win in regular time Smile and they will

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 29 June 2014 06:59 PM

Costa Rica sure knows how to take good penalties. Holland better win in regular time Smile and they will

Yeah those kicks were super awesome.

Stage is set for Messi vs Nederland.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul, where are you from? Just curious.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 29 June 2014 07:27 PM

Any guesses??? Wink

I am mixing up maybe Holland will face Brazil.

wilco - 29 June 2014 05:59 PM

LOL at Herrera shoving Van Persie!! “I’m talking here, get the hell out” Grin Grin Can’t believe that guy is out of the world cup…

Extra time now… I’m having 2004 flashbacks… Greece is going to win the cup Smile (Costa Rica was very poor, even with eleven…)

Persie first pushed him and then he pushed Persie, that attitude.

And Pinkman on robben Grin

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Ah good for Costa Rica winning on penalties, good riddence to Greece.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Karlok - 29 June 2014 07:27 PM

He lives in Amsterdam Shifty Eyed

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

TimovieMan - 29 June 2014 04:33 PM
subbi - 29 June 2014 04:12 PM

Playing 4-3-3 only has never won us any prizes, at least not recently.

And another tactic has?

Switching 4-3-3 was pure necessity because of Mexico’s goal. I’m pretty sure that van Gaal will continue playing the 5-3-2 system, which given our level of defenders is a much safer approach, especially with potentially De Jong being injured for the remainder of the tournament.

Be glad De Jong will be out. He’s a red card waiting to happen, just like Van Bommel used to be…
)

Touche! But it sure seems more effective than playing a verify offensive system without having the right players to back that up. With 4-3-3 you’re playing with far too many players ahead of the ball. You need very experienced backs and midfielders to stop any well executed counters…...which we do not have.

Vlaar is ok to guard a good striker when they’re standing still or in the air, but he’s too slow…...When Neymar or Messi get on speed, they’ll dance around him and he wouldn’t know what to do.

This is exactly why you need De Jong. Granted, it’s not nice to look at and he has a taste for cards, but the miles he puts in and the sheer focus on his defensive actions is priceless to an otherwise naive team. (Imo)
You won’t need him against a lesser team, though for some of the tougher matches that are still to come, we sure do.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top