• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Fun statistic: Tim Howard made more saves in this match than any keeper in any World Cup match since 1966 (which is when they started keeping records). Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Holland has easiest match i guess.

Rest are uncertain.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 01 July 2014 06:37 PM
SoccerDude28 - 01 July 2014 06:33 PM

Belgium are loaded with talent and deserve a lot of credit for playing fun offensive soccer.

Now we only need to finish the chances we’re given throughout the match. Although Tim Howard played brilliantly!

Should’ve been 10-4 or something. Thumbs Up

Like I said, with the offensive football and mentality the US brings, it’s always an exciting match against them. I like playing them.

Belgium were incredible today. I really hope they bring their same offensive mentality against Argentina, and not completely park the bus like Switzerland did.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

TimovieMan - 01 July 2014 06:28 PM

This is bad for my heart… Gasp

Tell me about it… I died twice tonight…

Fhew…

For me, this is the first world cup where we get past the 8th finals. Really hope we get even further.  After tonight, I can finally believe we have a really good team, but damnit, I hope next time they also manage to finish off their attacks!

I believe Tim Howard may be responsable for some cardiac arrests here in Belgium… Wink

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

France is plying pretty well - until the moment they need to do the final decision, then they always just screw up.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Early freekick goal by Germany and then controlling the result. Not a very interesting match. Disappointing.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Surprisingly drab match. Germany is going to need to play better if they want to beat Brazil or Colombia.

Let’s hope the next match is more interesting. It should be. And I’ll be rooting for underdog Colombia! Go James Rodriguez!!!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Super boring match.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Can the ref please stop whistling? Another terrible match so far…

This is what happens when not a single yellow card is shown… Fouls everywhere

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

What a cracker of a goal.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Much more fun than the first match today. Actuall speed instead of mind-numbing sluggishness. Both of these teams are better than FRA - GER, even if COL is a bit all over the place.

And of course, Thiago Silva - at least the second most important player for Brazil - misses the worst match possible with a dumb yellow card. If it’d even been Hulk, it’d just been better for Brazil.

My brother speculated interestingly, what if instead of Fred there was Ronaldinho there…

Yikes, what a free kick while I’m writing this!

Should take Neymar out so he doesn’t take a card or get injured… Then again, now there’s a penalty…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

What a shot by David Luiz!
Best Brazil game in world cup

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

PENALTY to COlumbia

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

2-1 Cool! We have a game!

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

James keeps up his goal a game record and its now 2-1.

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top