• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Some portuguese press today:

Smile yeah, not a lot of hope for Portugal, Ghana has a much better chance of a miracle happening but there’s some problems in their squad with the payments so motivation might not be there.

Portugals coach already said he wont quit whatever the result… Things are not looking good for Euro2016 already.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 26 June 2014 06:28 AM
nomadsoul - 25 June 2014 06:51 PM

Messi will have easy trip to Finals After Swiss, Belgium.

Pan Pan Pan

One does not simply score against Thibaut Courtois.  Cool

cough cough

Grin

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

These players who complain about payments is just moronic. Which team was it that threatened to go on strike if their payments aren’t raised? I get it if they are people playing in like poor leagues, but most of them are incredibly highly paid - and most teams just give the money to charity anyways. And then some of them have the nerve to complain that their compensation (which in the aforementioned case was still fairly high) isn’t great enough.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

nomadsoul - 25 June 2014 05:28 PM

Just noticed this:

Basically south american teams, except for Argentina thats in the other side of bracket, are going to destroy each other.

GOOD!  Pan

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Interesting match today from the adventure games stance Tongue - USA, as the origin of the genre and Germany, as the current biggest market. Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 26 June 2014 06:28 AM
nomadsoul - 25 June 2014 06:51 PM

Messi will have easy trip to Finals After Swiss, Belgium.

Pan Pan Pan

One
does not simply score against Thibaut Courtois.  Cool

Dude

Grin

Edit:

Banned

-Suarez will not play for Liverpool until end of October
-Uruguay striker also banned for nine international matches and fined £65,000
-Striker can appeal but cannot play under any circumstances
-Sponsors adidas holding emergency talks over their position
-Suarez’s various bans for biting now tally 38 games

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Chiellini reenacting the bite with a hotel employee.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Harsh punishment for the bite, probably deserved for being strike 3… I wonder if it will affect a possible transfer

Google Doodle says it all for todays match Smile

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ronaldo worth strikes back,so many misses, such a shit show, but overall this Group was Lifeless.

Germany was so bad.

Glad didn’t watch the first half of both.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finally an ok match for Portugal. We missed a lot of chances but at least we created them this time. First half was very good, second half was bad until the substitutions, after the 2-1 Ghana gave up and we could have scored a couple more, still it would never be enough, the 4 goals from Germany were too much. Didn’t see the Germany-USA match apparently Thomas Muller doesn’t care about draws!

Algeria losing already…

Edit: Red card Defour! Was deserved I think, nasty tackle… Korea might have a shot

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Good show Algeria! Now bring down Germany Smile

Belgium-USA will be interesting
Board complete:

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Brazil-Chile, Mexico-Netherlands, Belgium-USA are the three most exciting games of the next round…
Or maybe it is Greece vs Costarica Laughing

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Germany more or less got a walkover to the quarterfinals.

Belgium will need to step up their game significantly if they’re to beat the USA in their next match. Sure, they got 9 out of 9, but it was close each time, could well have gone the other way each time, and that was in BY FAR the weakest group of the tournament…

They’re just not playing good enough, and overly defensive given their capabilities. I blame the trainer. He needs to stop playing with two defensive midfielders.
Really, in the match against Russia, we played with Witsel and Fellaini as defensive midfielders, something Fellaini isn’t proficient at (see his weak season at Man U), and he was invisible the entire match.
Now it was Defour and Dembele, and after Defour got sent off, no changes in gameplay were visible.
THE SECOND DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER IS REDUNDANT!
We need an extra striker (or at least offensive midfielder) instead. At least we’d have more goalscoring opportunities then.

I friggin’ hate Wilmots’ tactics (as well as his overreliance on Van Buyten and slacker Hazard while underestimating Lombaerts and the not-even-called-up Nainggolan)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

And now that strange feeling there are no games to see today…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Leaves more time for Wimbledon today, then. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top