• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Erwin_Br - 24 June 2014 05:52 PM

Oh no, another undeserved penalty. This time screwing Ivory Coast. Time for a video referee, FIFA.

Penalty or not I thought Greece were the better side and deserved to win for once.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Erwin_Br - 24 June 2014 05:50 PM

Is that Twitter account legit? When the game was over, I found Suarez not as happy as the other players. As if he already realized he will probably be banned. This tweet basically says “please ban me”.

It’s a joke! Someone photoshopped it.

And yes, another freakin’ penalty….this one was nowhere near deserved.
It’s becoming the uber-schwalbe tournament!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Big drama! Greece goes through with a last minute penalty. The strange thing is that they actually played a very good game a deserved the qualification in this game.
Costa Rica - Greece, what a unexpected match up for the next round.

Colombia is looking great, James Rodriguez turned into a star player. Colombia didn’t do anything yntil he got in.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Well, it was an accident but he did run into the Greek’s feet. So, it was a judgment call, can’t blame the ref for that. It’s a brutal call, but then in many ways he couldn’t not call it either. It’s quite 50/50.

I do wish it’d not been concluded this way, though. And I would’ve wished for Ivory Coast would’ve gone through.
(Edit: had the next matchup wrong originally, nevermind)

Man, those Greeks had some pretty nasty shots.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Lucien21 - 24 June 2014 05:56 PM

Oh no, another undeserved penalty. This time screwing Ivory Coast. Time for a video referee, FIFA.

Penalty or not I thought Greece were the better side and deserved to win for once.

That does not justify a penalty that wasn’t even close. The Ivory Coast players have been pretty quiet…..I’d expect one or two of them to totally lose it, after this referial debacle.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Oh man. We have to be subjected to another Greek game now Cry sooooooooooooooooo boooooooooooring.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

This is why i was indifferent towards bite, not Suarez but Referees should be banned.

Pan

edit:

I mean look at this, people are just salty over Suarez for defeating Euros, for
kicking out Italy and England, but this shit is oh yeah its fine

Heart Breaking to look at

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 24 June 2014 06:07 PM

This is why i was indifferent towards bite, not Suarez but Referees should be banned.

Pan

Suarez shouldn’t be banned. He should be put in a kennel Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Its people like Samaras, were abundant in Italy that trigger Suarez’s wrath Smile

His official statement

“These situations happen on the field. I had contact with his shoulder, nothing more, things like that happen all the time.  I don’t know anything, if Fifa analyse each case separately it’s going to be complicated.”

I agree ,because FIFA/Soccer is jungle.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

UPtimist - 24 June 2014 06:00 PM

Well, it was an accident but he did run into the Greek’s feet. So, it was a judgment call, can’t blame the ref for that. It’s a brutal call, but then in many ways he couldn’t not call it either. It’s quite 50/50.

I do wish it’d not been conclused this way, though. And I would’ve wished for Ivory Coast would’ve gone through.

^ This.

But Ivory Coast played a really poor match and Greece actually deserved the win.
God, I feel dirty just saying that. I hope Costa Rica DESTROY them.

As for Colombia: James Rodriguez is the best player of the tournament so far!

I feel sorry for Australia who were a fun team, and for Ivory Coast who lost in a brutal way…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Damn typing with an iPad, impossible to write without typos… I meant ‘concluded’ not ‘conclused’ Tongue (Edit): And again!

Anyways, my faves in the competition are now Brazil and Columbia Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Uruguay, Mexico, France and Brazil for me.

Else i would be sad.

Want Algeria to just qualify for Next round, that would be enough.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Of the 4 possible south american teams so far, 4 have gone through along with Mexico and Costa Rica. Home advantage indeed Smile

Argentina is already confirmed and probably also USA. American continent domination. Only I don’t think Equador in going through, but who knows? World cup is crazy already.

My favourite is also Colombia but I have feeling they’re going to blow it when they get a better and more experienced team that puts pressure on James but I hope I’m wrong… (and to think they are missing Falcao!)

Mexico and Netherlands would also be cool.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 24 June 2014 07:30 PM

My favourite is also Colombia

Mexico and Netherlands would also be cool.

Colombia and Mexico have best female audience, so their existence is must for
spicing things up. Grin

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Man this man is fking awesome entertainer

World is getting so pissed at him lol.

Add this move in next FIFA game i will totally buy it Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top