• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinKelopwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Return to Monkey island by Ron Gilbert : 19 september 2022

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2010-03-22

PM

Gabe - 29 June 2022 06:10 AM

It’s the funniest looking one already,don’t you think?

That’s because in this pic it’s purposely shrinked as the shortest one.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Gabe - 29 June 2022 06:10 AM

It’s the funniest looking one already,don’t you think?

Minime guybrush…

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2018-02-08

PM

Seems like the concept art is actually pretty old (2009):

Ron even tweeted about it (Link down in the comments):
https://hairyteeth.blogspot.com/2009/07/guybrush-threepwood.html?m=1

Message #43

Total Posts: 172

Joined 2011-06-03

PM

It looks like shit.

Total Posts: 1688

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

fiksdal - 29 June 2022 02:29 PM

Seems like the concept art is actually pretty old (2009):

Ron even tweeted about it (Link down in the comments):
https://hairyteeth.blogspot.com/2009/07/guybrush-threepwood.html?m=1

That concept art looks like a deformed ice cream character you would get at the ice cream truck.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jawa - 29 June 2022 03:24 PM

It looks like shit.

is that it?, it seems that i don’t know shit when i see it

Joined 2011-06-03

PM

Advie - 29 June 2022 04:02 PM
Jawa - 29 June 2022 03:24 PM

It looks like shit.

is that it?, it seems that i don’t know shit when i see it

I’m uncertain if you are attempting a question or a poem.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

well, that an untended beauty Smile

i mean you are being too harsh. I believe the game itself is gonna turn out just right, let us have a little hope in our childhood heroes, that is all

Joined 2011-06-03

PM

So neither a poem or a question then. Hm.

Why? It looks like shit. I have said nothing about any other aspect of the game. The art style and and animation looks cheap and like shit.

Total Posts: 2103

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

meteor - 29 June 2022 06:27 AM

Let’s just be grateful that it’s not 2009 anymore (MI related).

I like the young naive Guybrush from TSOMI’s cover the most. Guybrush from LCR looks more experienced. In Tales Guybrush got edged already.

What’s wrong with Tales? I thought the 2009 art style and Guybrush in particular looked pretty good, a tougher version of Guybrush from MI2 with clear features that showed clear emotions

unlike this dummy with two dots and one penis nose (as people already call it) instead of face

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jawa - 29 June 2022 04:32 PM

So neither a poem or a question then. Hm.

Why? It looks like shit. I have said nothing about any other aspect of the game. The art style and and animation looks cheap and like shit.

as being cheap, i may can not argue that in the literal sense, but what have we gained of ttg’ ‘class’ ?

however, if you wanna call it ‘shit’ it is not my business, i just hope the game proves that wrong… and pardon me if i came over as defensive in the 1st place.

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

@Doom
I was referring to the SE1 Guybrush. The Tales Guybrush looks better in comparison (to SE1 G) but didn’t age well (lighting, textures ...).

Hmm. This is a nice screenshot. The ‘penis-nose’ Guybrush is looking good in this one. I’m just not a fan of the dark eyes.

Total Posts: 2103

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Ah, I haven’t played the special editions. I remember from the screenshots that Guybrush’s head looked much smaller than everyone else’s which was rather off-putting. Although this new big-headed emotionless Guybrush scares me even more. I was never a big fan of Curse, but now I feel all nostalgic about it out of a sudden… I bet Bill Tiller would’ve happily joined the team as a lead artist if they asked him nicely, by now his absence is the second biggest regret people express in the comments.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2010-01-21

PM

You can show me a pile of shit and call it a bed of roses but we all know what it is Crazy

Total Posts: 410

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

The art style and animation continue to do nothing for me at all.  Hopefully the game’s story and puzzles will be good enough to pick up the slack.  Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely do remain immensely excited to play the game but no matter how much I try, I simply cannot convince myself that I actually like the art direction.

Doom - 29 June 2022 05:38 PM

unlike this dummy with two dots and one penis nose (as people already call it) instead of face

It’s kinda beyond me how anyone can look at that and say “yep, looks great. Nothing wrong with that”.  Well, unless the character was intended as an LSD invoked nightmarish hallucination, I guess.

The mishmash of facial features, akin to the remnants of a Mr. Potato Head pulled from the cinders of a burned down orphanage; the wide eyed psychopathic stare; the phallic nose.  Makes David Lynch’s Eraserhead look like a Disney film for toddlers by comparison.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top