• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game of Thrones - TTG

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Tad - 06 December 2014 05:10 PM

Off topic, but I’d really like to see Telltale work on a Star Wars series.

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

A.A - 06 December 2014 04:43 PM

I actually found some of the voices from the TV cast to be quite flat too. In Stark contrast (pun intended!) to Borderlands which had topnotch voices all-round.

Yeah, several of the series regulars give flat performances, presumably due to a lack of experience as VAs, but the new characters accents are, at times, baffling.

Regarding needing to know the books or TV show to understand what’s going on, I’m not a fan of either, so was coming in with a relatively scant knowledge - I’m so used to RPG games dropping you into fully realised worlds that you have to gradually uncover how everything’s connected, that I didn’t find it jarring at all. 

In a way, knowing the subject matter and characters would have biased some of the decisions. Prior knowledge of what certain individuals are like would obviously influence a player’s choices, despite some of the player characters not really knowing them.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lambonius - 06 December 2014 05:46 PM
Tad - 06 December 2014 05:10 PM

Off topic, but I’d really like to see Telltale work on a Star Wars series.

Lol, I think they would do good in Star Wars but I don’t feel they another Sci-Fi series - Tales from the Borderlands started great and probably gives them a lot more freedom.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I think they could do good in coming up with something original…

Bwahhahaha. No I’m joking obviously. That would be ridiculous.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

A.A - 07 December 2014 07:30 AM

I think they could do good in coming up with something original…

Bwahhahaha. No I’m joking obviously. That would be ridiculous.

Tbh, they are actually capable of an original IP. Most of their recent games (The Walking Dead, TftB, GoT) have brand new stories featuring brand new characters, with a familiar setting. The reasoning for this, i imagine, is to bring in new audiences helping the company become more successful and popular which they are doing quite a good job at. But yeah, I would like to see something original one day, and I believe it will happen eventually.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Maybe they’re not confident enough that an original IP would sell enough, preferring the safety of high-profile IPs instead?

On the other hand, Fables isn’t exactly well-known…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

The current economical climate makes launching a new, untested property a risky venture, so it’s no wonder Telltale are so keen to jump into bed with established brands with already existent audience bases.

It’s the same situation with Musical Theatre; think of the number of recent musicals based on already popular IPs and the rise of the Jukebox Musical.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Boy just finished “The Walking Dead Season 2” and what is for sale?

“Game of Thorns” - So I bought it on the ipad mini and it looks great and plays well.

I don’t have a clue if the story is going to be any good as I just started it - and I’ve never seen the series.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2014-06-17

PM

Anyone have any thoughts on Polygon’s review of the game. I think they gave it a pretty mediocre 6.5.

I’ve watched the trailer and read parts of different reviews, but I’m not sure if this is a buy. Probably not for me. I loved the first three books, but couldn’t get into the HBO series. They diverged too far for me from the books.

Tales from the Borderlands however, Rocks. Definite buy for anyone into Telltale games.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I don’t read polygon and never will. The guys that run it think the sun shines out their own behind. Then there’s the controversial deal with MS. They claim to be unbiased, yet they keep slipping up. Twitch, reviews, podcasts etc. They’re a bit of a joke all round really.

I’d definitely say it’s probably not Telltale’s best work, but it’s enjoyable none the less. If you’re unsure, maybe wait till a discount comes along.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Just watched the first few episodes of this. Wow. How has this got so much praise? They literally throw you in at the deep end and expect you to just know how and what is going on in this world. They never explain how the structure of this world works.

The sad thing is, they have every chance to with Bran Stark. They easily could of had a scene near the start with Bran and his teacher explaining what viewers need to know.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yes, It’s a bit confusing at first Smile

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Whoa. That’s helpful. Thanks.

Like most shows that stem from books, I think it’ll probably be best to start reading this instead. Like I previously stated, I don’t think the show has done a good job at introducing you to the world.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 09 December 2014 03:38 PM

Yes, It’s a bit confusing at first Smile

And that’s just the first season!!  Grin

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Anyone have any thoughts on Polygon’s review of the game. I think they gave it a pretty mediocre 6.5.

I’ve watched the trailer and read parts of different reviews, but I’m not sure if this is a buy.

Most reviews of game are positive. The graphics are very good and I find the game to be interesting so far. I’m glad I bought it.

The nice part about episodic games is that you can try the first one out and if you don’t like it stop there.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top