• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game of Thrones - TTG

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

But the catch is that you have to pay full for Season pass even if you have first episode.

Anyway, i liked Mira’s scenario and Ethan’s ending was real wtf moment.

Telltale has got full grip on writing good dialogues.

TimovieMan - 07 December 2014 02:52 PM

Maybe they’re not confident enough that an original IP would sell enough, preferring the safety of high-profile IPs instead?

On the other hand, Fables isn’t exactly well-known…

Its pretty well known in recent Comic book scene.

Come to think of it, since they have already snatched GoT from HBO, TTG can actually
make really good game on True Detective, since its popular and has self contained stories.
TTG can do wonders with Police detective Drama.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I don’t know how true this is, but I remember hearing they were really interested in making a Jame Bond game a few years back. Maybe they couldn’t get the license or something…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Heads up, episode 2 release dates:

February 3, 2015 (PC & OS X)
February 3, 2015 (PS3 & PS4)
February 4, 2015 (X360 & XONE)
February 5, 2015 (iOS)
February 5, 2015 (Android)

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Finished episode 2.

A bit more of a slow burning this. A lot happens that will probably have repercussions in other episodes, but I kinda kept thinking “let’s get this story moving” after the first half. We do start to see movement and setup some potential good moves though, but I wanted to see a bit of that before it ended.

Edited for spelling.  Pan

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2010-03-22

PM

Tad - 03 February 2015 04:35 PM

Finshed episode 2.

A bit more of a slow burning this. A lot happens that will probably have repercussions in other episodes, but I kinda kept thinking “let’s get this story moving” after the first half. We do start to see movement and setup some potential good moves though, but I wantee to see a bit of that before it ended.

I loved soooo much the slow pacing.
Maybe I was just in the right mood for playing this, but I liked it a lot.
Add to it a lot of new characters, many new locations and tons of wrong choices I already regret. Tongue

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Also finished it, not a bad episode, fitting with the TV series. I’m a sucker for musical endings
I do feel like we get less and less actual gameplay with each episode but that may be because of playing Life is Strange recently…

I warmed up to the graphics style but the animations are still not very good.

Mira story continues to be the most interesting to me, I’m pretty sure I messed up by killing the guard and tossing away the knife…
The Wall was good for the feeling of seeing it and talking to Jon Snow but not much interesting stuff happening there. Same in the story in the other continent.

And Telltale, I DO HOPE WE GET TO RAZE THE WHITEHILLS BY THE END OF THE SEASON!!!!!!

The books and series are enough for frustrating stuff…

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I thought this was a big step up from the first episode.  Better interface, and combat scenes where handled much better and were more fun than the boring ones from before.  Plus the story didn’t drag like the whole first chapter or two did in the last one.

The story clearly hasn’t kicked into full gear yet, but I really like how things are progressing.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Just to clarify, I did enjoy it - a lot actually. I just wish we could finally get some payback for the Forresters. I’m guessing we’ll see that in the next episode as the cogs start to move with all the plans going on.

I think I made all the right choices. I got the marriage to go ahead and Asher is building an army. That’s two armies getting behind the Forresters. Mira’s story is very concerning as I kept the knife. Mainly because I thought randomly throwing it would be a bad move and someone was bound to find it. As she’s already been seen out at that hour, she’d be in trouble either way.

Also, was the game running a bit wonky for anyone else too? The animation is bad anyway, but the game felt like it was dragging itself to me.

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Did you get the marriage to go through with the letter or through conversation alone?  Cause I decided against forging the letter, and then tried many different times to see if I could find some way to get the marriage to still happen, but couldn’t find a way.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Detective Mosely - 04 February 2015 05:53 AM

Did you get the marriage to go through with the letter or through conversation alone?  Cause I decided against forging the letter, and then tried many different times to see if I could find some way to get the marriage to still happen, but couldn’t find a way.

I didn’t forge the letter. During the meeting, she said “it was her father who was unsure”. At that point I knew she wanted to marry still. So, if you offer him half the forest she’ll agree that it should convince her father. Probably a bad deal, but let’s face it, the Whitehalls are clearly going to push them out unless you find some strength from somewhere. I’m glad I did after seeing what happens straight after that scene.

I also didn’t kiss the Whitehall ring. The blokes clearly just doing for fun as he knows he’s currently untouchable. Hopefully, not for much longer…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 04 February 2015 06:00 AM

I didn’t forge the letter. During the meeting, she said “it was her father who was unsure”. At that point I knew she wanted to marry still. So, if you offer him half the forest she’ll agree that it should convince her father. Probably a bad deal, but let’s face it, the Whitehalls are clearly going to push them out unless you find some strength from somewhere. I’m glad I did after seeing what happens straight after that scene.

I also didn’t kiss the Whitehall ring. The blokes clearly just doing for fun as he knows he’s currently untouchable. Hopefully, not for much longer…

Also got the wedding that way, hopefully it will help in the future. I kissed the ring but felty lousy after it… Disgusting scene. Mostly did because mom kept saying to do it and just wanted to avoid future conflict at the moment. But there will be blood! I chose to get an army but doubt the brother will actually be able to get it in the other continent, these things never play out as intended in GoT Smilel

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

2 other things about this series
- the animated intro is not very good, they could just used the one from the TV series instead of doing a lesser version.

- I’m finding the lack of sex scenes curious, not that they are absolutely needed, but they are (along with the violence) always present in TV series (to the point of parodies happening) so is Telltale avoiding them because of being a different medium? or its just that is doesn’t fit the plot?

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Tad - 04 February 2015 06:00 AM

Ahh ... I never tried offering the ironwood, because to me that sounded like the least convincing dialogue option of the three.  It was in reply to her talking about how she’d be putting her family’s lives in jeopardy, so offering material items in exchange didn’t seem like it would convince her.  The fact that our family may die if we didn’t get that army seemed like the more compelling argument.

And yeah, I didn’t kiss the ring cause I was hoping I would still be able to change her mind somehow.  And it seemed like she’d think less of us if we did so.

Not sure if I’ll replay that now or not, to get the better arrangement.  Will be cool to see how things develop without that.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

wilco - 04 February 2015 01:21 PM

- the animated intro is not very good, they could just used the one from the TV series instead of doing a lesser version.

- I’m finding the lack of sex scenes curious, not that they are absolutely needed, but they are (along with the violence) always present in TV series (to the point of parodies happening) so is Telltale avoiding them because of being a different medium? or its just that is doesn’t fit the plot?

Sex is EVIL!! It will destroy our children Gasp

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Bogi - 04 February 2015 05:32 PM
wilco - 04 February 2015 01:21 PM

Sex is EVIL!! It will destroy our children Gasp

Smile Thats games, no sex allowed, only violence

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top