• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game of Thrones - TTG

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I was a little bit confused at first about the red wedding, but Telltale explained what you needed to know for their story. I now understand they were betrayed during that battle and that’s all I need to know really for Telltale’s story

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Tad - 04 December 2014 04:43 AM

I was a little bit confused at first about the red wedding, but Telltale explained what you needed to know for their story. I now understand they were betrayed during that battle and that’s all I need to know really for Telltale’s story

Well, not exactly a battle. The Red Wedding is a massacre during a wedding ceremony, arranged by Lord Walder Frey as revenge against Robb Stark for breaking a previous marriage pact between House Stark and House Frey. During the massacre, Robb, his wife Talisa, his mother Lady Catelyn, and most of his bannermen and men-at-arms are murdered following the marriage feast and bedding of Edmure Tully (Robb’s uncle) and Roslin Frey. Still a betrayal though…

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 04 December 2014 05:20 AM

Well, not exactly a battle. The Red Wedding is a massacre during a wedding ceremony, arranged by Lord Walder Frey as revenge against Robb Stark for breaking a previous marriage pact between House Stark and House Frey. During the massacre, Robb, his wife Talisa, his mother Lady Catelyn, and most of his bannermen and men-at-arms are murdered following the marriage feast and bedding of Edmure Tully (Robb’s uncle) and Roslin Frey. Still a betrayal though…

Red wedding was the part I screamed a noooooooo and wanted to throw the book out window.
The tv show is good but this was one of the parts I they got wrong and changes made didn’t add.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

That’s pretty sick.

Like I said though, Telltale gave me the just of what happened and I’m able to continue on from there though Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Sefir, don’t forget his wolf Grey Wind Frown

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Finished the first episode. It’s very hard to make a statement yet, will have to play the episode again tonight. I probably made a mistake when I played it in two sittings. It surely works best if you play through the whole thing without any real breaks.

Initial thoughts (not to be taken for granted, like I said I really need to play it again):  I’m absolutely addicted to the TV show, and it’s actually my favorite US series ever along with Breaking Bad and True Detective. Having said that I was incredibly looking forward to the game. Now I have some mixed emotions. I really think it’s quite good. Typical Telltale mechanics in the world of Westeros. It just wasn’t a knockout like the TV show. Enjoyable? Yes. Brilliant? Rather not.

Actually, my favorite moments had to do with characters from the show. Loved that dialogue with Cersei in particular.  The new Forrester storyline for the game is ok, but it seems rather “unimportant” in comparism to some of the events of the TV series.

Seeing characters like Tyrion was brilliant, but I have to admit that seeing a CG version of Peter Dinklage just doesen’t come close to seeing the real Peter Dinklage. Not because Telltale did a bad job with the animation of the characters. It just doesen’t have the same impact on me.  I guess for a totally equivalent GoT feeling I would actually need FMV.

There were some really cool - and not very easy - decisions to be made. I’m curious if my different decisions during the second playthrough will at least have a small impact, but I’ll see later today.

Still a little uncertain, but what I can say is that there definitely is a lot of potential in here. Let’s see what comes out of it in later episodes.

Oh, also a piece of warning. If I hadn’t seen all the previous episodes from the show, the game definitely would NOT have worked for me. There are so many things going on that totally lose their relevance when you haven’t seen the show. I can hardly imagine the game is very enjoyable without knowing the world of George R. R. Martin in one way or another. At least that’s how I felt.

Sorry for my pointless rambling. Just some initial thoughts after finishing episode 1.

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

About the ending: Is there any way Ethan doens’t die at the end? I chose the mor deplomatic for advisor, to recieve Ramsay inside and protecting the sister - and ended up with a knife in the throat - any of the others choices end up with different result?

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

All the same.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

wilco - 05 December 2014 09:49 AM

About the ending: Is there any way Ethan doens’t die at the end? I chose the mor deplomatic for advisor, to recieve Ramsay inside and protecting the sister - and ended up with a knife in the throat - any of the others choices end up with different result?

Sadly not. It’s part of the story of why Asher comes back I suspect. I really hope he gives Ramsay a good kick in his lower posterior.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 05 December 2014 11:56 AM

Sadly not. It’s part of the story of why Asher comes back I suspect. I really hope he gives Ramsay a good kick in his lower posterior.

I was thinking it might be the sister that got killed if the planning was different. Kind of makes the whole planning of Ramsay reception pointless and it was a big part of the episode (although it would probably create a very different storyline) I now think should have picked more agressive Royland for advisor…

I also assume there would be no path that would lead to Margaery being able to help the Forresters…

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

wilco - 05 December 2014 12:27 PM
Tad - 05 December 2014 11:56 AM

I was thinking it might be the sister that got killed if the planning was different. Kind of makes the whole planning of Ramsay reception pointless and it was a big part of the episode (although it would probably create a very different storyline) I now think should have picked more agressive Royland for advisor…

I also assume there would be no path that would lead to Margaery being able to help the Forresters…

I’m still glad I picked Duncan personally. The “next time” clip showed the advisor taking control. With Royland at the helm…good lord… 

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Well I found the first half to be tedious as hell, but it got better as it went along. Always more interesting when the TV characters appeared. Potential to get very interesting, but it’s not there yet.

Will always annoy me in these games when ‘big’ things happen that are NOT dependant on a choice and will happen regardless of decisions made. Unavoidable I know, but cases like the ending here are frustrating. Fourth episode of TWD S2 was even more annoying.

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

The limitations of TellTale’s engine is really starting to bug me.  They do as much as they can with what they have, but you can’t get away from the stiffness of the performances in a genre where story and acting are key.

I’d say GoT is the first game where TellTale have really dropped the ball with Voice Acting.  Some of the non-series cast’s accents are all over the place, varying from attempted generic Scottish to American, to Irish to vaguely Scandinavian to South Yorkshire within a couple of sentences.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I actually found some of the voices from the TV cast to be quite flat too. In Stark contrast (pun intended!) to Borderlands which had topnotch voices all-round.

Good thing they released the two at a similar time as only one of the franchises at this point in time shows there’s still creative life in the Telltale formula.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Off topic, but I’d really like to see Telltale work on a Star Wars series.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top