• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

FlorusJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game of Thrones - TTG

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2014-05-25

PM

“It’s like a bunch of wax figures combined with a bunch of cartoon characters”

I disagree

It’s true that some of the characters look more real since they are based on recognizable actors but even they still look stylized cartoons

I don’t think the disparity is nearly as big as you are suggesting

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

Have those screenshots been confirmed by Telltale yet?

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I rather like the unconfirmed art style for the characters. Reminds me a bit of Telltale’s Back to the future. Yes, it’s cartoony, but with a hint of realism.

I think it’s probably a good decision not too try a very realistic 3D art style, as we all know how difficult and expensive those are to produce.

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

trailer is out, art has been confirmed to be authentic

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/11/exclusive-telltales-game-of-thrones-trailer-and-character-reveal/

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

I was thinking, will this be the first Telltale release since Grossman’s departure?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

That art design and level of graphics are ten steps down from TWD S2 and TWAU.

Feels like Nokia Ngage game.

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

The graphics aren’t that bad. There’s so little that’s actually on display in this teaser, anyway. I’m more annoyed by the length given to the logos and titles; they occupy more time than the game scenes.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2014-05-25

PM

“That art design and level of graphics are ten steps down from TWD S2 and TWAU”

Wow dude talk about exaggerating lol

If this is what ten steps down looks like
I can blame telltale for never wanting to go back up lol

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

TT is clearly aiming for different art style with GoT than they’re done with TWD and Wolf Among Us. And I do think aiming for similar graphios novel style wouldn’t necessarily fit as well on the world of GoT.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

roxas11 - 21 November 2014 05:09 AM

So true Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

roxas11 - 21 November 2014 05:09 AM

Look at the vase in the drinklage pic, and Throne Chair in the first pic and
compare with the TWAU wallpaper+frame, and TWDS2 brick wall (resolution, colors, textures everything).

Notice the difference of textures and no textures at all.
Notice the difference between shaded style(like comics) and shaderless/blurred style(like Ngage).

TTG used Shaded style like Borderlands to hide something(for a reason) and use it for much better and unique effect, now with stripped comic shaded style it looks like a washed out mess with blurred backgrounds and textureless props.

TWAU art design and comic coloring was outstanding, it completely nailed the Pulp Comic style of 80s.

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/250320/ss_cf263a545dbf1f3f60ca5fe19cbcbdff8a4bfcfc.1920x1080.jpg

http://www.gengame.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Mary.jpg

Look at chessboard, the props and them use of colors.

http://www.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Wolf-Among-Us-Episode-3-04.jpg

Now think and ask yourself if the detail on chessboard in equal to Throne chair??

Thats ten steps down, because it cannot even hide with proper art coloring style.

Realistic looking approach in GoT only highlights TTG engine’s troubled underpinnings.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

That’s called “depth of field,” dude.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The Wolf Among Us is BY FAR the best graphics Telltale has come up with yet, because the comic-style was so well adapted to their existing engine, that it can be called one of the best comic-styled graphics since The Comix Zone. It is simply outstanding. The “problem” is that the similar style cannot be used for every game (for example, I already thought that if 3D engine suited well for Sam&Max;, it wasn’t as good for TOMI and Back to the Future).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Graphics are disgusting, too bad such influential universe gets treatment like this.

I didn’t know Grossman left them, great news, I hope he is planing some project to redeem himself now.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Bogi - 21 November 2014 11:13 AM

Graphics are disgusting

Isn’t that the point? ASoIaF is a filthy world, after all… Wink

All kidding aside, I don’t see what you’re talking about. The Game of Thrones game uses a completely different style of animation than TWD or TWAU, so discussing the differences is moot.
And frankly, I’m confident the style will suit the source material.

Graphics look great, imo. Just different…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top