• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 68: Yoomurjak’s Ring

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

OK, well I’m hoping that those who are still behind a little can catch up soon and unless anyone objects I will post the next section tomorrow.

On the subject of sightseeing…

A beautiful city but you can’t always escape American culture…

And I not even going to try and run the name of this place through google translate!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

If you are waiting for me you can go on, i ll catch up. Didnt find much time to play because of being away from home for work.

I did play for about an hour the other day and was kinda stuck at lyceum and wine cellar.

Today i managed to do some progress with lyceum. I hadnt realize i could click on the board to move to diferent floors and somehow i was going to the same one. So after exploring the floors i did get 3 letters of the code.

Other than that i did try to explore the wine cellar as good i could and i only found one lit candle and one message board. After looking at some spoilers here (couldnt resist) seems i m missing 2 messages from the walls. I will look tomorow even if i think have checked everything.

I like the atmosphere of the game but i m allready missing the excellent hint system of the previous community game. You could press space and see all possible interactions. Now it feels i have to check every detail so i will not miss anything. It doesnt really help that i play on laptop with touchpad and is hard moving the camera around.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Still trying to find it..

I just got a text message! And.. now I’ve found the location of the antiquarian. I’m on a roll.

I’ve arrived at the maligned puzzle.

edit: day 3!

Total Posts: 4264

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Vegetable Party - 23 September 2021 02:12 PM

edit: day 3!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Section 2 – Day 3

Messages from the past, baths, towers and castles

OK, so we’ve come through day 2 and… spoilers follow if you haven’t finished day 2

We decoded Gardonyi’s note – he says he found the “fifth sign” in the stone of the Hatvani Gate… Unfortunately, the Hatvani Gate no longer exists, but Gardonyi told us that “mercury guards it”. Following some research, a poke around an old antique shop and a quick game of “join the dots”  (OK, maybe it was a bit harder than that!) Wink we found the tracing made from that very stone, which read “JV - Seek Csonka M. 7D. Pince. (Cellar 7D)”

Jonathan thought this must be Csonka Street, and Juli’s going to try and locate it for him…

Cool, we have an objective to start the day, let’s find this cellar and try to unravel this mystery!

Fair warning

Day 3 is quite an extraordinary day for a lot of different reasons, many of which you are probably going to like, but one or two of which you might not. I don’t want to give anything away but I am going to address one of the potentially “less good” things now.

We had a sort of pixel hunt on day 2 in that cellar, and we are going to get another one today. i.e. there is going to be something that is easy to miss that will get you stuck – or at least really got me stuck.

Below is a general hint (not even close to a solution) to help you along if you find yourself completely at a loss for what to do later on in the day.

At one point in the day you will be looking for Turkish gravestones and one of the locations you might try that is a road behind the castle, “Tetembar” which will be a new location. MAKE SURE YOU SEARCH IT THOROUGHLY! I though there was basically nothing there and I was very much wrong. Not only do you need this, but it will give you a good clue on what to do later on in the day.

Puzzles today are pretty different to day 2. There is one in particular which I love, hate, think is funny, think is annoying, can’t believe it’s in the game and wish there were more like this one all at the same time! That’s got to be evidence of some sort of puzzle design genius hasn’t it…? Well, you can all decide for yourselves. Smile

As well as re-visiting some familiar people and places we’re going to see some really great new locations today and meet some more interesting characters. Humour isn’t always easily translatable but I love a couple of the people we’ll be meeting today!

Perhaps you’ve felt that the inventory has been a bit boring so far, not too much to collect and what there is is really just documents, not interesting objects? Day 3 should help with that.

So anyway, have at it. Play through day three, you have until Monday 4 October. Again, we can adjust as necessary if we’re all done before that, and we can review that next Friday. I’m sure you’ll already have worked out that Section 2 ends when you wake up on day 4. But we’ve got quite a way to come before we start thinking about that…

Onwards to Csonka M!

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Day 2 Docs

Welcome all to Intense Degree’s document corner. Once again, there are no spoilers here, just a summary of some of the documents we’ve come across in day 2. Maybe you’re the sort of person who reads everything carefully and remembers it all, in which case you can ignore the below, or maybe (like me) you were taken up with all the business of day 2 and would appreciate a summary. If so then here it is:

We’re going to look at the things found on Mihaly Jambor’s desk. As well as the coded note we had the following:

Letter from Samuel Hunt to Pal Abray

This is a reply to Abray’s first letter from day 1. Samuel Hunt considers that the principle of time travel may be feasible, but the practical creation of a time machine is all but impossible given the state of science at the time. However, it’s not really his field of study…

Letter from Gardonyi to Miss Jalics

The letter talks about wine in Eger and Gardonyi recommends the Istines wine cellar to her.

Letter from Gardonyi to “my brother Benedek”

There’s more wine chat, but also a reassurance that Gardonyi has not become a hermit. In fact, he has recently visited 12 towns in Hungary, which he names. How odd.

Zsigmond Jambor’s Map

Made by Mihaly’s grandfather for Gardonyi, this map shows the location of Turkish remains Zsigmond found in Eger at Turkish locations. These locations are said to be exactly shown on the map and include some places we have heard of and some we may yet come to hear of. Some are still present in the city, others perhaps not, or at least not in the same way… could this be useful…?

Mihaly’s “diary” – a list of the documents with some notes on them

2 letters from Gardonyi;
Zsigmond’s map;
Jonathan’s grandfather’s letter; and
The coded note.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I like your game master comments very much, Intense Degree.
Thank you and keep them coming.

My favo(u)rite line (up till now):

After all you’re more than capable of doing this for yourself and don’t need to be patronised by some idiot on the internet!

Reminds me of the times when I promoted my

“Complete Idiot’s Guide to Playing Bad Mojo - abridged edition”
(written by an idiot, for the idiots)

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Really like Intense Degree’s document corner and the preface of Day 3.  Thumbs Up

Looking forward to meeting these characters and racking my brain over these puzzles.

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Intense Degree - I too really love the recaps!

Okay, I’ve got to Day 4 already!  - I’m hooked!

I didn’t remember too much about the details of Day 3 which leads me to believe that I got to the point of frustration in my past experience to resort to a walkthrough & whizzed through.
I’m definitely a little more patient now & enjoying the challenges of the game.

Yes, you can start off Day 3 & go nowhere as I did which eventually led me to finding the model!  Otherwise you can think to look at what that noisy workman was pinning to the wall!

That’s it for now as I don’t want to post too far ahead.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Speaking of models: is Jonathan the most attractive man in Hungary? Or Eger, at least?

All these smiles and glances, people that instantly want to befriend or adopt him: his charisma is off the charts.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

He was never not attractive but wasn’t my type. I’m a few years older now…..  Laughing

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, that reminds me what I wrote in “Time for a new community playthrough” when Yoomurjack’s Ring was elected:

“As I played a lot Yoomurjak’s Ring when we translated it into Spanish, I won’t be joining this CPT. I am sure you will enjoy Eger, a very pretty city in Hungary. The main character is quite charismatic, there are a couple of hard puzzles, and I preferred to play it in Hungarian, lovely accent!”

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 24 September 2021 12:40 PM

Okay, I’ve got to Day 4 already!

chrissie - 24 September 2021 12:40 PM

I don’t remember too much about the details of Day 3 which leads me to believe that I got to the point of frustration in my past experience to resort to a walkthrough & whizzed through.
I’m definitely a little more patient now & enjoying the challenges of the game.

I don’t quite understand this. You played the whole chapter of the game in a single day being patient and enjoying it?
Or was it that you had played Yoomurjak’s ring before and had resorted to a walkthrough then? I mean, are you talking about the two times/instances you’ve played YR or only this one (community playthrough)?
I really don’t follow. Maybe it’s only me, because I’m ill at the moment.

Edit:

chrissie - 07 September 2021 07:06 AM

I played the game when it first came out but lost my initial download about 3 PCs ago!

I forgot about this, it makes sense now.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I did get up very early yesterday so must have spent at least 9/10 hours on the game + 12 years more gaming experience since the first time I played helped!

Yes, I confess to starting Day 3 a few hours before being given the go-ahead.  Pan

Hope you feel better soon zobraks.  Smile

walas74 - 24 September 2021 04:30 PM

......The main character is quite charismatic…...

Yes, agreed.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 25 September 2021 04:25 AM

Yes, I confess to starting Day 3 a few hours before being given the go-ahead.  Pan

Naughty Chrissie!
I had started before the start shot was fired too.

chrissie - 25 September 2021 04:25 AM

Hope you feel better soon zobraks.  Smile

Thanks Chrissie, I’m getting better (all the time). Wink

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top