• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough 68: Yoomurjak’s Ring

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m also at THE puzzle. I read a bit but I need to go to bed and while all this reading definitely makes me sleepy, I’m not really learning anything at the moment.

And I’m kind of stumped that apparently Jonathan didn’t ask a Latin dictionary from the librarian.

Am I supposed to translate the Latin parts myself? I’d rather not use sources outside of the game.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 4282

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

millenia - 05 October 2021 06:18 PM

Am I supposed to translate the Latin parts myself?

Not really. The translation of the motto, which is the only part of the poem written in Latin (beside a couple of terms you can find in the book given by the Librarian) is a sentence almost everybody you meet on Day 4 keep repeating.
You must have learnt it by heart if you had reached the coat of arms puzzle.

Edit: I DID IT!!!
On my own. Cool
https://i.ibb.co/NxX3kT7/Burence.jpg

P.S. Don’t use Google Translate to translate the poem! It only got me on the wrong track.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 521

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I finished the game a couple of days ago, but I hope it’s ok to jump in with comments anyway.Smile

I think day four starts off a bit confusing. Suddenly Jonathan starts talking about a “treasure” connected to this Boldogi family. Until then I had the impression we were looking for a certain ring, not a complete “treasure”. And the connection of this “treasure” to some very old Boldogi barrels is weak imo. Like Jonathan has more information than we do. Maybe something is lost in translation here? The Yoomurjak poem found in the pendant at the end of day three doesn’t make things much clearer (in case you even realize it’s there in the notebook when waking up in day four…)

As for THE puzzle, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit and was able to solve it with only a slight nudge in the right direction from the hint function in the iPad version. It’s a complex puzzle and there’s too much reading to do, but ultimately it’s fun to solve! BUT, again there are missing clues. I thought it could be either one of four different helmets with the visor closed pointing left. All could look like a “pig” to me. And I could not find any clues as to what figures should be placed on the sides of the crest. Two or three had red stuff on their heads. There’s no mention of the correct figures in the clues. May be the fact that english is not my first language that made this one a bit harder for me though. Lastly, it was confusing that there was no possibility to place the right motto on the crest. We have it in the clues from that Boldogi fellow’s house, right? Why not write it on the crest?

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Veovis - 06 October 2021 05:06 AM

I finished the game a couple of days ago, but I hope it’s ok to jump in with comments anyway.Smile

Comments are always welcome, that’s what community playthroughs are all about. Wink

Like Jonathan has more information than we do.

That’s my impression too.

It’s a complex puzzle and there’s too much reading to do, but ultimately it’s fun to solve!

My thoughts exactly.
I love this kind of puzzles, complicated and elaborate puzzles (when I manage to solve them, of course ).

I thought it could be either one of four different helmets with the visor closed pointing left. All could look like a “pig” to me.

The description of the helmet was pretty vague for me too. Luckily I went for the right one because it was the one that was protruding most to the left of the whole bunch. Since all the other elements of the coat of arms were described better, I guess I missed a clue about the helmet.

I could not find any clues as to what figures should be placed on the sides of the crest. Two or three had red stuff on their heads.

That was very much straightforward for me (non-native English speaker too). The poem says:
Let the Telemones guard it laterally
Gules laureate headed Troglodits holding mauls bleakly

I reckon it basically means “a pair of cavemen/hermits with red laurels on their heads holding bludgeons”, so there’s no mistake about who or what the supporters should be.

Lastly, it was confusing that there was no possibility to place the right motto on the crest. We have it in the clues from that Boldogi fellow’s house, right? Why not write it on the crest?

It stumped me too. I kept looking for a way to enter a text on a “talking ribbon” right to the end. I guess the family motto is only there to give us a clue what some of the charges on the escutcheon should be.

mjp

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

zobraks - 06 October 2021 05:21 AM

That was very much straightforward for me (non-native English speaker too). The poem says:
Let the Telemones guard it laterally
Gules laureate headed Troglodits holding mauls bleakly

I reckon it basically means “a pair of cavemen/hermits with red laurels on their heads holding bludgeons”, so there’s no mistake about who or what the supporters should be.

Yeah, I actually guessed that one correctly too. Something in the back of my head told me that a maul is some kind of brutish weapon and I got the red laurels thing. But I’d never heard of “troglodits” before. Would have been nice of the game to explain what those are in that heraldry book.Smile

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Veovis - 06 October 2021 07:16 AM

But I’d never heard of “troglodits” before.

The first time I encountered the term was (I believe) in a song, many years ago.

Edit 1: I think this is the one.

Edit 2: Yeah, that’s the one. It featured in the most popular entertainment radio show in Serbia, called “TUP-TUP”.

mjp

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Trying to catch up while plunging down the rabbit hole suggested by Intense Degree.

Wow, amazing show. I expected more of a “personality” type of artist, but I stand corrected, these dudes know what they’re doing. Listening to this as I try to figure out why I am stuck again.

Looked behind the spoiler tags of some earlier comments and realized two things: when I started Day 3 over, I forgot to pick up an item I need right now.

Got it. Wow. Had to pause Ganxsta Zolee and co to watch this cutscene, but it was great as well. We watched Jonathan go from lawful good to chaotic neutral in one day.

Thank God for Juli’s dad. What a dude. That’s a crime, son!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Vegetable Party - 06 October 2021 07:27 AM

Trying to catch up while plunging down the rabbit hole suggested by Intense Degree.

Forget Intense Degree - he had already played the game and can afford a couple of distractions.
Unlike you. Grin

Seriously, there’s a lot of work for you ahead.

Vegetable Party - 06 October 2021 07:27 AM

Thank God for Juli’s dad. What a dude.

To me he’s a typical Hungarian, and I like him very much. Great casting.

mjp

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

zobraks - 06 October 2021 07:23 AM

But I’d never heard of “troglodits” before.

The first time I encountered the term was (I believe) in a song, many years ago.

Edit 1: I think this is the one.

Edit 2: Yeah, that’s the one. It featured in the most popular entertainment radio show in Serbia, called “TUP-TUP”.

Laughing

Great song! Unfortunately I hadn’t heard it before. Reminds me a bit of Gil Scott-Heron. [end of derailing thread]

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

zobraks - 06 October 2021 07:40 AM

Forget Intense Degree

How could I?

..they wrote the best 12 second song in the world.

(badum ts - but very fast)

To me he’s a typical Hungarian, and I like him very much. Great casting.

Cool

I’m now casually walking around Eger with a remote control that is not mine. Found it in my hotel room and just took it for a stroll. Getting away with some crime has gotten Jonathan to walk on the wild side. He’s now the baddest dude in Eger.. until we meet this Ganxsta character. I can’t wait!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Vegetable Party - 06 October 2021 08:17 PM

I’m now casually walking around Eger with a remote control that is not mine.

I’m carrying one since the start of Day 1, and it’s mine. I mean, anything that’s in your hotel room is yours, right? Innocent

mjp

Total Posts: 5844

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just realised I was missing out & have duly gone on to ‘steal’ the remote control. I’ve used it on the TV to watch a programme which I guessed was about vineyards as there were lots of grapes but I had no idea really as it was all in Hungarian….. there’s more to watch which I’ll get back to ... maybe.

Mmm….if you’re carrying around a remote control that belongs to the hotel room you’re currently paying for ....isn’t it okay to do that?

zobraks - 07 October 2021 08:00 AM

....anything that’s in your hotel room is yours, right? Innocent

Thankyou, that’s what I thought.

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I finished this day also. I managed to get through alone for the most part. But i didnt know where to go after i had to recreate the crest

After checking a guide i found out i had to visit the lyceum library. I know with little exploring i could have found that. Also there was a hint earlier that it was a nice spot to work.

Anyway after that i was ready to recreate the crest. I was given a book that would help me with the job. I realized fast that i could create the crest with the combination of the poem and the heraldy book. But then after starting to read the book i was intimidated with how long it was and how much was there to read. So ... i checked a guide again to create the crest, which was a bad decision as it wasnt that hard in the end. If i had put the time to study the book i would probably get most of the crest designed. If you still havent solved the puzzle you should probably listen to the advice to take a break and try to deal with it at a diferent time. Also is the last puzzle for this chapter and there is time before we start the last day.

This chapter was a lot more straight forward and i did like the puzzle a lot even if i checked a guide for it. I think it is the most reasonal puzzle so far that can be solved with some effort. Also nice cutscene in the end.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Laughing

mjp

Total Posts: 5844

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I have got to Day 5.

Kudos to you zobraks for solving the heraldry puzzle on your own!  Thumbs Up

I confess to needing a nudge after spending quite a long time trying to do it & did manage to get quite a lot of it right.

Nico2021 - 08 October 2021 04:08 PM

….. i was ready to recreate the crest. I was given a book that would help me with the job. I realized fast that i could create the crest with the combination of the poem and the heraldy book. But then after starting to read the book i was intimidated with how long it was and how much was there to read.

Yes me too although I was more bored than intimidated. I don’t mind reading if it’s interesting but the finer points of heraldry just don’t do it for me.  Foot in mouth 

….. But I’d never heard of “troglodits” before. Would have been nice of the game to explain what those are in that heraldry book.Smile

Even as a native English speaker I’m not really familiar with the term & wish I’d looked it up. Yes, I agree that there could have been some reference in the game.
Otherwise, I do think though there was enough info to solve the puzzle which I thought was quite good but for me would have been more interesting with the clues embedded within less description. 

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top