• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I bought the kings quest remake and was trying to go through it. While I thought the first episode was pretty good. I got completely turned off by the 2nd and the strange survival mechanics and have not picked it back up in 2 weeks and dont know that I will ever lol.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am playing Yesterday again, a classic adventure game with wonderful characters and great puzzles.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am playing OXENFREE, now, great little indie horror game. I like the setting so far and the characters. Hope the game plays well until the end.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am now playing Gray Matter on my Alienware M17 r3 computer. I got 40 games loaded on it before it ran out storage space (1 TB SDD) three of the games take advantage of my hardware:

Memento Morei

Haunted

Gray Matter

Gray Matter is stunningly beautiful at max resolution and graphics. It’s a real treat that plays amazingly well. Love the story, plot and characters too (Sam is so Sassy!).

Lots of fun for me in the future.

I still need to finish 3 iOS and 1 PS4 game……..

Heart

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m playing Alien Function courtesy of Lady Kestrel following her tournament. It’s a complete & utter ‘brain ache’ if you like a cerebral challenge fiddling around with cross referencing & numbers as I’ve done so far. I’m not sure where it’s going yet but I’m enjoying it non-the-less.  Smile

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2005-07-20

PM

I haven’t been on this forum in many many years.  I had the “Adventure Game Screenshot of the Day” pinned thread on here for soooo long, and I just came back after probably 5 years of being gone.  I decided to play Black Mirror which I haven’t been through since 2005.  I accidentally fired both bullets out of the revolver, saved my gave after opening the grate, and then I couldn’t shoot the dark wolf. I was screwed with my only other saved game being over 2 hours of gameplay backwards.  I came to this forum, found a saved game file from 2005 and the download still worked.  A 15 year old file saved my butt tonight!  Thanks!

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I’ve been playing the original Phoenix Wright trilogy, in its recently released iteration.
Finished the first game and seem to be approaching the big trial day of the second case in the second one.
I appreciate the characters and the story building, especially the way each case is self contained but also contains threads that contribute toward a larger tapestry.
However, I can’t help but feel that these games would be better served as either,
A) graphic novels
Or B) A blending of classical adventure game elements with everything that is already here.

Simply put, there is often too much exposition and clicking from screen to screen, which feels like turning pages in a book, reading, turning more pages. When I remember that this is a game, I realize that I’m not doing enough to really justify calling this a game. It’s really an Encyclopedia Brown book on a computer, in a legal setting. It’s a testament to the quality of the stories and writing, and the lovability (and love to hateability) of the characters, that I am sticking with it and enjoying it. Sometimes the deductive reasoning is a lot of fun, but sometimes I feel like I am being lead by the hand through a very linear narrative. If the games were to incorporate some more traditional third person exploration elements and Wadjeteye-level puzzles (y’know, tough enough that you feel a little clever, not tough enough to ever really hinder your progress for so long that you lose the plot), they would be elevated from ‘very good and very lovable’ to ‘sublime and very lovable.’

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

OBJECTION!

Phoenix Wright received critical acclaim and has a loving fan-base that praises its interesting characters, surprising twists, excellent writing and a likable protagonist.

Never played any of the games, but I’ve been waiting for a chance to make that joke for a while.

Total Posts: 1266

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I am currently playing Someday I’ll Return to test the translation of a friend. My problem is that the game is too demanding in graphic card so I had to set all video setting to low for my laptop.

I am enjoying more than I though, is a very long game mixing walking simulator, survival horror an adventure game. And I habe the feeling it’s a long, long game…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 15 September 2021 05:55 PM

OBJECTION!

Phoenix Wright received critical acclaim and has a loving fan-base that praises its interesting characters, surprising twists, excellent writing and a likable protagonist.

Never played any of the games, but I’ve been waiting for a chance to make that joke for a while.

No objection from me on any of that, and my acclaim is indeed critical.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

LOL

Yeah that was the best I could freestyle for an objection (search engined “why do people like Phoenix Wright”). I’d say your acclaim is indeed critical, but that’s a heavy coronet to bear, Baron Blubba!

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am playing “Memento Mori” right now, it’s pretty good so far, nice graphics and animation. It could be a real winner, plot is starting to draw me in. It got good reviews so I’m hopeful we have a good game here.

Heart

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I just started playing 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, and it’s absolutely fantastic.  Probably the best story I’ve EVER seen in an adventure game, if you’d qualify it as an adventure game, at least.  Also be warned that it’s a Playstation 4 only game.  But if you have one and this game at all seems up your alley it’s an absolute must buy.

It’s puzzle light.  And it has turn based battle segments (which you can choose to make easy or hard).  But it also is primarily story focused, and these story segments involve walking around and talking to people, and then unlocking key words which open up the possibilities of going down different timelines.  I’ve seen it called an adventure game in a few places now.

Oh, and it has 13 protagonists, haha.  That you can switch between at will to see their storylines, once they’ve been unlocked.  That may sound like too many, but I can’t believe how well written they all are.  All extremely unique with shockingly good and original stories, and none are what you really expect them to be at first.  And all interconnected, so you’ll be meeting characters before you can play them, and then finding out things about them you never expected.

I’ll probably start a thread on it once I finish it.  But if you’ve EVER liked a puzzle-light adventure game, or ever liked a Japanese adventure game ala Phoenix Wright or Danganronpa or a visual novel, I couldn’t recommend it more strongly.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2021-09-26

PM

Fran Bow (actually I’m 4/5th through the game)

Next will be either ToonStruck, Loom or The Cat Lady

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2021-09-23

PM

Police Quest I (for our latest episode) and it is absolutely kicking my proverbial behind.

I’m finding the combination of action/procedural and adventure game to be extremely frustrating, and am finding it difficult to break out of the modern habit of expecting everything I need to know to be in the game!

The manual needs to be constantly consulted for correct procedures/code/story hints. Frankly I am finding it a little laborious.  I am reliably informed that things really pick up in Police Quest II, but at the moment I am definitely more of a fan of the King’s and Space Quest series - even Leisure Suit Larry had its charms!

The Graphic Adventurers

Podcast
Youtube
Twitter
Facebook

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top