• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiegrizzlypantsseagul

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming adventure games you’re REALLY excited about

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i think DCast is suggesting to take it easy

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

come on, seething, it was a joke in response to what we assumed was meant to be absurd humour from you.

Are you looking forward to any games that are supposed to come out in the near future?

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2005-06-14

PM

I know they are already out but looking forward to playing Voodoo Detective and Crowns and Pawns.

Wider than that RTMI, new Stasis and Old Skies.

He gave me a cold, shocked stare as if I’d farted at a funeral.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

DCast - 01 July 2022 06:48 PM

“I watched gameplay for Stray, and it felt a bit too platform-ey for me, and more on the simplistic side. I like platformers, this one just seemed very minimalistic somehow… I mean you do play as cat which limits what you can do. Although the story might be good”

Rats! I suck at platforming and I’ve already bought it. Stupid of me, should have watched the demo. But the tags didn’t mention action. 

walas74 - 01 July 2022 07:31 PM

And yeah, there will probably more “platforming” than “puzzling” but hey, you are a cat   Crazy

You play as a cockroach in Bad Mojo (in my pre-2000 Top Twenty). Look mom, no hands! But the puzzles are great. Stray even has a little bot or something and an inventory, so the puzzles shouldn’t be a problem.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

And here I was thinking that Spanish invented the rice, English - the muffin, and French also managed a toast, in addition to fries. What a disappointment.

@Charo
I played something from NAIRI franchise a loooong time ago - I remember little about it besides it “being cute”, but I know few people who faithfully wait for Rising Tide, so it seems like developers have some loyal following.
I thought Mozart Requiem looked very interesting, but their platforms say - Switch and Playstation 4, neither of which I own, so I’ll probably just listen to other’s impressions.
I have yet to play Frog Detective, and Chicory didn’t really look like my kinda game (by the way, nice mini-review you wrote in the “finished games” thread). Inspector Waffles I did try the demo for. It looked like it tried to be funny more than it actually was funny, but it still sits on my Wishlist, and I ‘ll buy it at some point. I think it’s a game I’ll end up liking, it just didn’t grab me right away.
As far as animal protagonists - I also enjoyed Detective Gallo and ....in a masterful transition to the next reply.... Rusty Lake.

@VP
ABSOLUTELY STOKED for upcoming Rusty Lake games. I also got that notification in Steam about their new game that is, apparently, coming out this year and was really glad about the news. I remember staring at the picture they posted for their 7th anniversary, trying to decipher hidden messages there, so I’m not even going to start with the train speculations - I’ll just read your theory. We should do a Rusty Lake playthrough. I’d love to revisit old chaps.

@Karlok
I watched extended playthrough (unfortunately, there never was a demo for Stray), and I think the second video on Steam, the one with dev’s commentary, shows a part of that. It’s not hardcore platforming, but you do have to do some of it, and in the end of that video I saw some (cutesy) enemies you also need to avoid/outrun. Depending on your dislike for that feature, it might turn out better than you think - if the platforming isn’t too hard, but the story and the puzzles are great.
I’ll link the video below. Starting at about 3:05 mark he mentions some running/jumping/spells you’d need to use. I still think it looks fantastic. I can deal with platforming, but I want to know how involved puzzle element is, so I’ll wait.

I ought to play Bad Mojo. I own it too (says Redux next to the title, don’t know if it’s the original), just never got to it. Also own Insecticide - same story. I think I just really don’t like creepy crawlies.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

DCast - 02 July 2022 02:37 PM

I ought to play Bad Mojo. I own it too (says Redux next to the title, don’t know if it’s the original), just never got to it. Also own Insecticide - same story. I think I just really don’t like creepy crawlies.

I always hoped they’d get round to making a Bad Mojo sequel. Good Mojo, they could even call it. So that’s the title problem solved, now they just need to get round to making it!  Grin

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I thought Mozart Requiem looked very interesting, but their platforms say - Switch and Playstation 4, neither of which I own, so I’ll probably just listen to other’s impressions.

Mozart Requiem is a simple re-release of the 2008 Mozart The Last Secret from what we figured here, which wasn’t a good adventure as it seems (although it got so few reviews it’s hard to tell).

Now the cat game looks classy. Cats have so many unique superpowers, I’m surprised they even needed to include sci-fi or spells.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@Karlok
It’s not hardcore platforming, but you do have to do some of it, and in the end of that video I saw some (cutesy) enemies you also need to avoid/outrun. Depending on your dislike for that feature, it might turn out better than you think - if the platforming isn’t too hard, but the story and the puzzles are great.

Yes, the game does look fantastic and I’ll definitely give it a try.

The Redux release has the original content with better graphics. Not many people like creepty crawlies but you’ll get used to your new roach look in no time. Trust me. Having said that, this type of game is not everybody’s cup of tea. Roaches love yucky places and I’d advise against snacking while playing Bad Mojo.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

seething wolf - 02 July 2022 10:20 AM

EDIT: congrats on the 2K posts, I feel honored to be the one that made you reach that mark!

Congrats on thinking you know everything after your 27th post.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

LOL,

Edit: actually, congrats for having his ass on the top of his head

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

oh, i wish i was french, but that is nice of you, however just try to be nice, man.. we are only here to express our love for this niche genre, so usually, no one is here just passing thru

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

seething wolf - 02 July 2022 10:20 AM

EDIT: congrats on the 2K posts, I feel honored to be the one that made you reach that mark!

Why thank you, the honor is all yours.

Regarding the comments directed at you: there’s an irony and irreverence to your style. You’re pretty comfortable with it, that’s cool, but take it easy when you’re directing it at a fellow forum member.

Otherwise: do you.

Back on topic!

Is anyone really looking forward to Old Skies, the upcoming game from Wadjet Eye? Personally.. I’m not sold on it: the game looks great and it’s a new release from a quality studio, but the story and setting - I’m not on board just yet.

Am I too sceptical?

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Fan translation for PS1 hidden gem is finally coming out July 11th. The cutscenes were already (mostly) voiced in English but now the entirety of the game can be understood.

This game is a lot of fun, I encourage people to check it out.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Garage Bad Dream Adventure came out today, finally able to play this on PC with no hassles.

Garage - This weird machine is said to create a bizarre dark world by working on the subject’s subconscious mind.
The player character is thrown into an enclosed world filled with sewage, with decaying wooden buildings and rusted metals.
And he discovers that his body has been changed into something in between a machine and a living creature.
He wanders around this structurally complex maze-like world in search of a way out.

“Garage: Bad Dream Adventure” was originally released as a PC adventure game in 1999. In this game, the player character enters his inner world through a psychotherapeutic machine. He is turned into an odd-looking biological machine and searches for a way to escape from that world. Because of its unique world setting, it is described as one of the top 3 warped games or bizarre games.

It is basically a mystery-solving exploratory adventure game. But it also has many RPG elements such as character development through body modifications and intricate fishing system. And the story questions the ambiguity of escaping from the world and staying in the world.

One of the features of Garage is its detailed world building. Elements like energy circulation, ecosystem and how the world came about are intertwined tightly, and are reflected in the game system, bringing to life the feel of the deep another world. The unique feeling of strangeness and anxiety surrounding the whole game, even though it is not a horror or depressing game, is created by these settings and system.

In this remastered version, almost all images have been retouched, videos have been revised using AI frame interpolation, user-interface and game balance have been improved, and new chapters, subquests and multiple endings have been added.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I saw this. I checked it out because I thought it might be a new chapter of the Bad Dream series, which it wasn’t, but it looked like a special kind of horror and beauty anyway.

I think it was an iphone game before..?

Let us know what you think!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top