• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

seagul

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming adventure games you’re REALLY excited about

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Phonopolis

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Looks awesome! And it’s handcrafted, made of paper figures. Amanita is finally returning to form.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Yeah. It looks great and will be an instant buy.

I also enjoyed their latest games like Happy Game, Creaks and Pilgrims but this one looks special. Floex will do the music. They’re aiming for a 2023 release. It’s a 3D game with cardboard like texturing. I like the totalitarian setting. It fits to the fascism we’re living in todays plutocracies. Maybe finally an artist who dares to think and express thoughts in this art form.

The trailer makes you want to play. Maybe to get on the other side, lose letters, get a plaster ...

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2022-04-13

PM

Totally agree about Phonopolis, I’m quite a big fan of Amanita! Also waiting very much for Neyyah since I read the interview yesterday. Great to see a new game like Riven coming in 2022, I’m so excited!

And while I’m writing about Riven styled game, I’m looking forward to play a new Black Cube chapter. Any news? They’re not perfect games but I love Myst-like adventures. I read the dev is alone to make them, it’s worrying me, a little bit like Rhem, no more news. I missed exploring the Black Cube universe quite alot after I completed the last game. When I realized I didn’t have any more chapter to play, I felt a little like an orphan from this world. Ah it’s hard to describe, sorry if that sounds weird! It’s just that this series is vast and each new chapter brings many additional story elements, and all together they develop something much bigger, I love it. I want to know what’s going to happen next! But it would seem that this series is not well known. Too bad. I really want to see more. Fingers crossed! Any new Black Cube episode would make me VERY excited Wink

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Alright, a day late to post what I’m looking forward to in July, but I got some exciting news (well, for myself, at least).

At first I was going to say that the only game I’m “REALLY excited” about is Mothmen 1966 that has been recently highlighted here, in the “upcoming” section. Although, on AG it says “visual novel”, after playing the demo (which is still available on Steam), I ended up more aligned with Steam tags of “interactive fiction” and “choose-your-own-adventure”, plus the game seems to have puzzles - there are quite a few in the trailer. I thought the horror atmosphere was expressed through writing and visuals splendidly, so I’ll be getting this one upon release.

But then I got a notification in Steam that long awaited by me Lord Winklebottom Investigates finally got a release date, and it’s July 28! It seems like the game has been in development forever, and they had bare minimum of Steam updates, but I’m glad they were toiling away, so now we get to enjoy this classically British, giraffe/Sherlock-driven murder mystery point’n'click.

Is anyone looking forward to anything this month?

Total Posts: 1266

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Yeah, I am looking forward to Stray (July 19th), an adventure game in which you are a cat:

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

walas74, yeah, a lot of people seem to be anticipating this one. I have shared a few reservations about it in the demos thread. (Got lazy, so here’s my own quote):

“I watched gameplay for Stray, and it felt a bit too platform-ey for me, and more on the simplistic side. I like platformers, this one just seemed very minimalistic somehow… I mean you do play as cat which limits what you can do. Although the story might be good”

but I’d love to hear your thoughts, because it certainly looks incredible. I know you can already pre-order it. Will you be getting it upon release?

Total Posts: 1266

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

DCast - 01 July 2022 06:48 PM

walas74, yeah, a lot of people seem to be anticipating this one. I have shared a few reservations about it in the demos thread. (Got lazy, so here’s my own quote):

“I watched gameplay for Stray, and it felt a bit too platform-ey for me, and more on the simplistic side. I like platformers, this one just seemed very minimalistic somehow… I mean you do play as cat which limits what you can do. Although the story might be good”

but I’d love to hear your thoughts, because it certainly looks incredible. I know you can already pre-order it. Will you be getting it upon release?

I will try, but I am quite busy right now testing translations Frown

And yeah, there will probably more “platforming” than “puzzling” but hey, you are a cat   Crazy

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

DCast - 01 July 2022 04:20 PM

Alright, a day late to post what I’m looking forward to in July, but I got some exciting news (well, for myself, at least).

At first I was going to say that the only game I’m “REALLY excited” about is Mothmen 1966 that has been recently highlighted here, in the “upcoming” section. Although, on AG it says “visual novel”, after playing the demo (which is still available on Steam), I ended up more aligned with Steam tags of “interactive fiction” and “choose-your-own-adventure”, plus the game seems to have puzzles - there are quite a few in the trailer. I thought the horror atmosphere was expressed through writing and visuals splendidly, so I’ll be getting this one upon release.

But then I got a notification in Steam that long awaited by me Lord Winklebottom Investigates finally got a release date, and it’s July 28! It seems like the game has been in development forever, and they had bare minimum of Steam updates, but I’m glad they were toiling away, so now we get to enjoy this classically British, giraffe/Sherlock-driven murder mystery point’n'click.

Is anyone looking forward to anything this month?

I recognize Winklebottom from the Inspector Waffles cameo and some promo stuff, but Mothmen 1966 caught me by surprise.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

VP - I seriously recommend the demo for Mothmen 1966 to see if this is your jam. I can gush over the visuals for hours, so I won’t. I’m just gonna say I find that element stunning, and it gave me X-Files vibes (oh, how I hate that word - what’s the best equivalent for “vibes”?).

And the writing - it has “early King” all over it. They managed to convey the eerie mood through very well-developed but brisk structure, which is difficult to do. Nothing flowery here, everything hits the spot. Can’t wait till it comes out.

This will also be a good time for you to share what are you looking forward to the most. Doesn’t have to be only in July, just overall.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

seething wolf - 01 July 2022 07:25 PM
walas74 - 01 July 2022 04:44 PM

Yeah, I am looking forward to Stray (July 19th), an adventure game in which you are a cat

Stray is developed by BlueTwelve Studio, a small team from the south of France mostly made up of cats and a handful of humans.

Now hold on a second there… french are human??  Gasp

They had to have had opposable thumbs to create the fries. So it’s a tentative “yes”.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

walas74 - 01 July 2022 07:31 PM

And yeah, there will probably more “platforming” than “puzzling” but hey, you are a cat   Crazy

I’m not crazy about the sci-fi look. I’m assuming they thought it was too boring to do normal cat things, but it worked for Bad Mojo. It just takes some imagination to think about what a cat’s world is really like. Most of these animal games are just transplanting human experience into an animal’s body, which isn’t interesting to me.

AKA Charo

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Charophycean - 01 July 2022 10:34 PM
walas74 - 01 July 2022 07:31 PM

I’m not crazy about the sci-fi look. I’m assuming they thought it was too boring to do normal cat things, but it worked for Bad Mojo. It just takes some imagination to think about what a cat’s world is really like. Most of these animal games are just transplanting human experience into an animal’s body, which isn’t interesting to me.

I think this “sci-fi look” is what sells it. It’s very trendy at the moment. Many people seem to be waiting for this game from what I’ve noticed. It’s “wait and see” for me, as I wasn’t sold on it. Arguably, “transplanting human experience into an animal’s body” can be done well. Or maybe that’s my hopes for “Lord Winklebottom Investigates” talking. I have a few demos that feature animal protagonists I want to share as well. The question, as always in this thread, is what are YOU anticipating the most?

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

DCast - 02 July 2022 12:17 AM

I think this “sci-fi look” is what sells it. It’s very trendy at the moment. Many people seem to be waiting for this game from what I’ve noticed. It’s “wait and see” for me, as I wasn’t sold on it. Arguably, “transplanting human experience into an animal’s body” can be done well. Or maybe that’s my hopes for “Lord Winklebottom Investigates” talking. I have a few demos that feature animal protagonists I want to share as well. The question, as always in this thread, is what are YOU anticipating the most?

Oh sure, I mean Inspector Waffles and Frog Detective and Chicory are great and I wasn’t thinking of that kind of extreme anthropomorphism. There’s a gulf between those games and the likes of Bad Mojo. No doubt there’s a happy middle ground and I’ll wait and see how this game turns out.

What am I looking forward to? NAIRI: Rising Tide, which is a sequel to a game I found charmingly cute. But it’s been “coming soon” for an eternity so who knows when it’s out.

The Mozart: Requiem game could turn out to be a triumph or a disaster - I’m still a sucker for historical realism so it’s another one I’ll be keeping an eye out for.

Firmament, because I trust Cyan still has it and Obduction is proof of that.

Star Trek: Resurgence because of the 90s uniforms and ships. And because Spock.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

For some reason I hadn’t noticed the post about Phonopolis. Those animations are excellent.

I’ve been admiring this thread looking in for a while now, but since Dcast asked so nicely, let me contribute something as well.

Rusty Lake’s The Past Within & “Mystery Train?”

Even though they wear some of their influences on their sleeves, the Rusty Lake games have come to occupy a universe of their own. There’s an iceberg of lore, great art and experimentation with different forms and media. We’ve been waiting for the next release in this messed up family saga for a while now: The Past Within, which was announced to be released last month.

The screenshot suggest it goes back to the original formula, but there’s at least one kicker: the game is supposed to be cooperative, for two players. This is cooperative element is something I personally really like, from playthroughs to games like “Tick Tock: A Tale for Two”. A rather vague message about trains being late seems to suggest the release date is pushed back until further notice, but it also mentioned another train arriving.

Not sure if it’s warranted, but my investment in the series does make me look forward to anything new.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top