• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

seagul

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming adventure games you’re REALLY excited about

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Jdawg445 - 11 December 2021 09:16 PM

I love the expanse, but the telltale formula really grew thin on me.

I can’t believe Quantic dream aka the people that made Detroit become human and heavy rain are making a Star Wars game now.

And it’s not an adventure game. It’s a third person action game. The last AAA developer of adventure games has now moved on.

I do like AA and indie games and we still get lots of those being released.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Not sure it’s planned to release this year but I hope so, have been anticipating Technobabylon 2 forever Grin

Looking forward to the new star trek game and the new syberia too… the demo was great. Also it may never get released at this point since it has been so long but I’m still waiting for spaceventure lol. Here’s to hoping ;p

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

syn - 07 January 2022 02:55 AM

Not sure it’s planned to release this year but I hope so, have been anticipating Technobabylon 2 forever Grin

I forgot about that game.. it’s supposed to be in 3D, right? Definitely one to check out once it’s released.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Believe it or not, Sony funds and helps to develop and publishes adventure games.

Detroit:Became Human, Until Dawn and In Cold Blood for example.

A major website has published the rumor that one of Sony’s first party developers is working on an AAA adventure game for the PS5.

Sony also has a first party developer that converts PlayStation games to the PC. So the odds are good that this game would eventually get a PC release.

More details to follow……..

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I’m REALLY excited about two games that are coming this year (well, at least one of them will most likely come out in 2022).

1. Cosmo D - creator of “Norwood Suite” and “Tales from Off-Peak City” has anoter game scheduled for summer release - Betrayal at Club Low.
Lovers of all things surrealism and great music rejoice!

2. This announcement from Wadjet:
https://www.facebook.com/11641449457/posts/10160071110259458/?sfnsn=mo

The credit for mentioning this game in this thread first actually goes to LittleRose (thank you!), but I’m happy to see they are moving along.

As far as April…

I’m interested in

Chinatown Detective Agency

I’ve tried the demo, and while it seemed a bit too restrictive on the player’s agency, I liked the real world “investigation” part - where you’d need to use internet etc. to find answers, and the overall look/feel of the game is very neat.

Overall though, it doesn’t seem like there’s a lot coming in April on the game front.
Please, share what are you looking forward to!

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Adv_Lvr - 08 January 2022 07:25 AM

Believe it or not, Sony funds and helps to develop and publishes adventure games.

Detroit:Became Human, Until Dawn and In Cold Blood for example.

A major website has published the rumor that one of Sony’s first party developers is working on an AAA adventure game for the PS5.

Sony also has a first party developer that converts PlayStation games to the PC. So the odds are good that this game would eventually get a PC release.

More details to follow……..

Heart

Interesting… I just looked into this and it’s more than just a rumor. Spritefire, a Sony Studio in Liverpool best known for “The Persistence” has several job listings open for a “AAA Narrative Adventure Game.” If you scroll down to the Job Vacancies section you can get tidbits of information.

They’re using Unreal Engine, It’s going to feature a dark storyline, and from the descriptions it looks like they’re trying to make something that exceeds QD.

So that’ll be an interesting thing to look out for. I’ve got no experience with the devs prior work, and no sense of how it will actually pan out. But it makes sense that Sony would want another studio making exclusive games in this space after QD went independent.

Detroit was a big hit selling over 6 million and Sony is the only big publisher besides Square Enix with eyes on the adventure genre. Promising news after QD has moved on with the Star Wars game.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Even though we’re already in May, wanted to post two games I’m really looking forward to this month.
Sometimes “looking forward to” means I’m excited about a game in general, but not necessarily will buy it right away, more like - will follow it closely and get it, if upon release and general feedback it seems like something I’d enjoy, but sometimes, it means “first day buy”, and I’ve got two of those coming up.

1.  Voodoo Detective

I don’t know if people here have a certain game tag that will make them buy it regardless of how little they know about the game, but I have a few of those, and one of them is “noir”. Love noir adventures, can’t help it. This one combines not just noir, but also voodoo theme (I’ve always been fascinated with that), what looks like (“hears” like) great voice acting and comedy. Plus, it looks stunning. No demo is available for this game, but I’ll be getting it upon release - it just seems too cool not to give it a try as soon as it comes out.

2. Acolyte

This is a mix of investigation, AI and interactive fiction. The main shtick is that you get a digital assistant that you can directly talk to, as it doesn’t have predetermined dialogue scenarios, so it feels like a natural converaton. There is some giant cyber-punk-ish conspiracy going on (because, of course, there is), and you’re working to figure it out, but I’m mostly interested in rather novel concept of freely corresponding with AI in-game.  I understand that the execution of this idea will be flawed. It’s in its infancy still, so there will be many things that won’t be as “free” as they can be one day, but I enjoyed the demo (that doesn’t seem to be available any longer, unfortunately), nonetheless. Acolyte definitely won’t be for everyone, but I’m really looking forward it.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Loved the Voodoo Detective trailer Grin Will definitely look forward to this game.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Have you seen? The release date for Nightmare Frames has been announced. It’s June 16th. I can’t wait to play it.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

LittleRose - 17 May 2022 03:35 PM

Have you seen? The release date for Nightmare Frames has been announced. It’s June 16th. I can’t wait to play it.

I like that there’s less than a month to wait. If the writing is as good as Urban Witch Story it’s going to be great!

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’ve said it before, but I love this thread. Thank you to everyone who participates in it.

Total Posts: 1266

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Nightmare Frames is going to be a blast!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

There are a number of interesting ones in the pipeline.

I’ll keep it straight and simple: I’m excited about The Return to Monkey Island.

I’m interested in the game as well as in the drama, just in case somethings goes terribly wrong, like, being to casual, not everyone admiring the presentation, a pc story leaving you with a(nother) secret, lots of progressive injokes, state of the art NFTs, in an episodic format only available on the epic store, shipping with a virus even Bill Gates has overseen, you know, things you might expect from a Rom Gilbert game.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

are you referring to the dreaded

three-headed monkeypox?

badum tss.

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Maybe I had the SCA virus in mind. Maybe then the altruistic honest non profit oriented role of Bill Gates. Maybe then the monkeypox as the next big thing, some would love to expand too. Disney (sorry Gilbert, no rights) could come up with a logo real quick. Get a three-headed monkey and add some Talespox. Btw. I’m glad Guybrush got his hand back.

To complete this to three too: I get some adventure vibes by thinking about Blow’s Sokoban Puzzler and Bonelab (a.o. having fun with limbs).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top