• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What’s up with the new front page?

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2022-10-10

PM

What’s really missing for me is less generic tags on the tiles. Right now I don’t know if Game Update means release date annoucement, game release or just some general news about it. It would really help to create a separate Release tag.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Yes, I agree & think it would be helpful on the tags to distinguish between a game update & one that’s been released.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2022-10-23

PM

Hi there. Smile

First post of mine and I really want to thank the admin for offering us such a superb service. As an adventurer since Manic Mansion this site is my first go to. Totally appreciated.

One thing I REALLY wish for: Since quite some years I only play adventure games on my iPad. I think it‘s a superb plattform for this genre and there are many games being released on iOS. Not nearly as many as on desktop computers, but growing.

Therefor I would really appreciate it to see the plattforms the games are released on, ideally right on the pictures of the games when enetering the site. Would that be an idea others would appreciate as well, and most of all the maker of the site?

Cheers from germany
putte

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

These are some great suggestions, I’ll expand with the platform being released upon and see I add a clear indication that a game has been released. That’s a great idea really!

Also, for people that prefer the ‘older’ design, the sub-platform pages still exist;

Like:
- https://adventuregamers.com/home/pc
- https://adventuregamers.com/home/ios

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

CaliMonk - 28 October 2022 06:20 AM

Also, for people that prefer the ‘older’ design, the sub-platform pages still exist;

Like:
- https://adventuregamers.com/home/pc

Thanks for highlighting that CaliMonk. I much prefer the old style as the new format is much, much, too cluttered.  Thumbs Up

Life is what it is.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Except, as I’ve discovered, that version of the front page doesn’t update Mini Frown

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2022-10-23

PM

Wow, thanks a lot Calimonk for implementing the platform-indicator on the front page! Really, really appreciated. Grin

(Just saw that „The story of Barker“ is up there and hey: This one‘s on iOS too Wink )

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Jabod - 04 November 2022 10:39 AM

Except, as I’ve discovered, that version of the front page doesn’t update Mini Frown

Made some optimizations, so this now -should- work correctly again (aggressive caching)

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

putte - 07 November 2022 02:08 AM

Wow, thanks a lot Calimonk for implementing the platform-indicator on the front page! Really, really appreciated. Grin

(Just saw that „The story of Barker“ is up there and hey: This one‘s on iOS too Wink )

Good catch! Updated the game page

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

CaliMonk - 07 November 2022 01:48 PM
Jabod - 04 November 2022 10:39 AM

Made some optimizations, so this now -should- work correctly again (aggressive caching)

Afraid not CaliMonk. The most recent items showing on the PC front page are:

Reviews:            Of Bird And Cage
New/Upcoming:  Riven

Life is what it is.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Made further changes… Our upstream provider doesn’t always properly honour my settings for some reason :-(

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Could be that they’re still not doing that CaliMonk as all remains as it was Frown

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2009-04-08

PM

i saw that on the front page there is a section called “What are popular adventure game companies?”

Telltale Games, Don’t nod, Double Fine Productions, Daedalic Entertainment and Terribly Toybox are mentioned there with a few words for every one of them.

I was thinking maybe Wadjet Eye Games also deserve to be there.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top