• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Playing Legend Entertainment library

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

wilco - 03 January 2016 06:58 AM
Antrax - 03 January 2016 06:41 AM

I thought the sixth Dr. Entropy encounter was really well done Frown

That was final one, right?

Nope, the one before that, where he apologizes for not having prepared a puzzle and commits suicide. It just caught me so off-guard.

[edit]
Oh, I see you referred to it as the fifth one. So we’re in agreement Smile

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 04 January 2016 03:02 PM

Had no idea Mission Critical had FMV… and with Michael Dorn! Great intro, very promising start.

Yeah, great B-movie. But Tran doesn’t blink an eye when her captain tells her he is going to sacrifice (!!) every man and woman on board to save their secret mission. Beats me why captain Michael doesn’t leave HER behind instead of some nameless guy who was added to the crew at the last moment and doesn’t know the first thing about any mission.

I played for about half an hour last night, just wandering around, exploring cabins etcetera, talking to the computer. It was almost like I’d never been there before. Smile One thing I do remember unfortunately: I ran into a nasty bug the first time, had to use a patch, I think.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 05 January 2016 03:08 AM
wilco - 04 January 2016 03:02 PM

Had no idea Mission Critical had FMV… and with Michael Dorn! Great intro, very promising start.

Yeah, great B-movie. But Tran doesn’t blink an eye when her captain tells her he is going to sacrifice (!!) every man and woman on board to save their secret mission. Beats me why captain Michael doesn’t leave HER behind instead of some nameless guy who was added to the crew at the last moment and doesn’t know the first thing about any mission.

I played for about half an hour last night, just wandering around, exploring cabins etcetera, talking to the computer. It was almost like I’d never been there before. Smile One thing I do remember unfortunately: I ran into a nasty bug the first time, had to use a patch, I think.

Lol, I agree. At first I wasn’t even sure I was understanding the plan. Make seem like they are surrending and blow up everyone except some random guy to save the Mission. And we are fighting the United Nations? Starting to think if we are not the bad guys in this one…
Also didn’t do much, just explored the floor and fixed the hull.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Where to get, buy mission critical?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

No online version on GOG or Steam etcetera. Boxed editions are available on gametz and ebay.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Also some copies on amazon. Gog and whoever owns the rights to sell these games is sleeping by not releasing them in a neat digital package.

I made some progress, mostly exploring the other decks. Saw that cool VR system video that explained why was the war happening. Interesting, doesn’t seem to be very clear who is right. Also the other video explaining all the detail of the USS Lexington ships flight systems and weapons. Great attention to detail.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Explored the other decks, picked up a few objects and found my way down through the radiation. Have not seen any videos yet. Frown Except the Tran one and the mayday call.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Deck 3 in the room with the food machines there is that VR machine that shows the history of the war and the ship animation

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Continuing Mission Critical. I’ve landed Persephone that I might be halfway point of the game. At least feels like it. Great game so far. 2 things I’m seeing in most Legend games are also present here and in a great way:

- The detailed worldbuilding - the war conflict going on is pretty interesting and not just good vs evil, the detailed descriptions of the ship´s technology (really detailed!) and the life of the crew that was on the ship before the battle.

- The puzzle design - There’s something about it that is very captivating. I think it’s the way they are so well integrated into the story and are challenging with being annoying. Favourite puzzle so far - At some point the computer tells you there’s a explosive device in a floor and the way game has been giving clues to the player in the direction of the solution through out the game is pretty good. Game also has a cool sense of the urgency all the way.

There’s a space battle RTS mini-game at one point in the game, it was ok but a bit frustrating, good thing it’s possible to just skip it.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished Mission Critical.

The second part is very different. Not nearly as interesting puzzle-wise, the story move forward very fast with some little puzzles in-between, it seems something was missing in disc 3, felt rushed, maybe they lacked time or budget to make it bigger?
But it does feature a very good sci-fi story, the game goes all Interstellar! Not going to spoil anything but lots of cool twists and the Critical Mission does live up to it’s name. Another winner for Legend.

Going for Shannara now, never read a book of the series. I’m probably also going to check the TV series that started now.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I played Shannara, I remember liking it, but I never felt the urge to re-play it. I remember very little of it, I think it’s like a worse Death Gate basically.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Wilco, I still have a lot to do in Mission Critical. It seems I can never keep up with you. Frown I’ll post my thoughts if and when I’ve finished it.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 18 January 2016 05:52 AM

Wilco, I still have a lot to do in Mission Critical. It seems I can never keep up with you. Frown I’ll post my thoughts if and when I’ve finished it.

Well, there are a lot of challenges going on Smile and do post impressions when you finish it.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, the beginning of Shannara seems to hit all fantasy cliches, plus the voice acting is a bit spotty. Doesn’t start very promising. At least it looks very good

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 23 January 2016 06:57 PM

Well, the beginning of Shannara seems to hit all fantasy cliches, plus the voice acting is a bit spotty. Doesn’t start very promising. At least it looks very good

Great, I’ll play along with you. Smile Tell me when you get to Tyrsis.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top