• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia III

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Reviews on 1.4hrs…lol thats new

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

nomadsoul - 20 April 2017 04:33 PM

Probably best to look at them as early impressions.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not new at Steam reviews… It’s like user scores at metacritic, mostly useless

I do find it worrying that there are no official reviews ready for release date. No review copies?

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Syberia 3 won’t be DRM free? I mean, it will not be avaliable in GOG? And if it is already released in UK, where can I get it? I’m not in USA.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

wilco - 20 April 2017 04:22 PM
Irongiant909 - 20 April 2017 04:17 PM

Steam reviews so far split 50/50:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/464340/reviews/?browsefilter=toprated&snr=1_5_reviews_

Not very confidant about the game but never trust Steam reviews. Probably complaining about DRM or random bugs

That’s pretty much exactly what the few reviews I could read were saying.

I do think Steam reviews are useful once they reach some critical mass (not sure what that number is).

It clearly needs some serious patching and a gamepad is a must, but let’s see where we are in a month.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

UruBoo - 20 April 2017 06:10 PM

Syberia 3 won’t be DRM free? I mean, it will not be avaliable in GOG? And if it is already released in UK, where can I get it? I’m not in USA.

It’s up on Steam. Not sure about gog, since it uses Denuvo for DRM it will probably not be on gog for some time.
Physical version for PC. PS4, Xbox One tomorrow I think.

dumbeur - 20 April 2017 06:24 PM
wilco - 20 April 2017 04:22 PM
Irongiant909 - 20 April 2017 04:17 PM

Steam reviews so far split 50/50:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/464340/reviews/?browsefilter=toprated&snr=1_5_reviews_

Not very confidant about the game but never trust Steam reviews. Probably complaining about DRM or random bugs

That’s pretty much exactly what the few reviews I could read were saying.

I do think Steam reviews are useful once they reach some critical mass (not sure what that number is).

It clearly needs some serious patching and a gamepad is a must, but let’s see where we are in a month.

I played it for a bit and lip sync and facial animation is distracting, kind of bummer since I think it looks good. Better with gamepad no doubt.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sokal said Syb brand has long legs and sell later too
And he is targeting 1.5million for profit

Do you guys think it is achievable??

I wonder if he took full price in that figure or sales promotion too

I have to say though , faces and lip synch arent as disastrous as Andromeda
Also over all plays better than D-Chapters

So…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 20 April 2017 06:38 PM

So…

1.5million sold? That’s impossible… Maybe after being dicounted and bundled a lot of times it can come close.
Being released in consoles and physical full price and collectors edition might help a bit in getting to profit (if they sell anything)

Thimbleweed Park sits at 40,000 units on Steam, and that’s with lots of good reviews from big outlets and some buzz

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

wilco - 20 April 2017 05:09 PM

I do find it worrying that there are no official reviews ready for release date. No review copies?

Review copies were only sent out today. So ours, at least, will be a while yet.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

I haven’t played Syberia 2 past the first locations, and I got through the first more than a decade ago, so I don’t remember that one well.

If I play 3, will I understand it now? Or must I go back to 1 and 2 first?

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

So…

Hmmm,a game about nostalgia targeting 1.5m sales,just how old the target audience
should be for this,over 50 perhaps? Grin

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Gabe - 21 April 2017 03:45 AM

So…

Hmmm,a game about nostalgia targeting 1.5m sales,just how old the target audience
should be for this,over 50 perhaps? Grin

I haven’t bought yet because I’m waiting for them to announce the special Syberia 3 Senior Edition. Comes with free one of these babies signed by Sokal Money Mouth

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2006-03-14

PM

wilco - 20 April 2017 05:09 PM

Not new at Steam reviews… It’s like user scores at metacritic, mostly useless

As Jack mentioned above, review codes came to the members of the gaming press on the release date (I write on another website and also got the code yesterday).
In many cases, this is worrying because the developer is trying to get as much 1st week sales before medium reviews come out. in some cases, it is simply lack of organisation and in some, just dont care about the reviews. so no reason to panic yet, we will see how it goes.

i played a couple of hours yesterday and I did not get that disturbing complaining attitude you see on steam, i am actually liking the world and story more than i expected!
one problem I do see is stiff controls on the keyboard. i just had to switch to a gamepad, i just had to.

in general, apart from the controller issue, first few hours are wonderfully interesting and magical. lets hope it stays this way.

ps: for the people wondering if they will understand the story without playing the previous ones, they will, there is sufficient info of what happened in the past. but seriously, just play 1-2 before coming here, it is sacrilegious not to!

ps2: on the complaints on the facial animation and lipsynch… ugggghhhh… this is the least important aspect in a game in my book. sure its not “uncharted” and “witcher” levels but in adventure game terms, it is preety much like everything else out there, I think only Life is Strange leaves the low budget lipsynch pool all adventure games are in.

ps3: a game is an interactive experience, not a movie. its impossible to get the feeling, the experience and the mood through streams. plus u r spoiling your own experience. just play it and you will see. OR wait for some reviews first at least.

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2004-01-17

PM

Played a few hours and am enjoying it. It’s 100% adventure, no action, though it does play best with a controller. The lip sync is much better in French, so I’m playing in that with English subtitles. The voice acting is better for the most part too.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

A couple of good deals available for anyone thinking about buying it.

https://isthereanydeal.com/recommended/#/page:game/info?plain=syberiaiii

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top