• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia III

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

For that substantial budget you’d expect better lip sync… at least in the trailer Meh

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

nomadsoul - 19 April 2017 03:27 PM

I hope there is a fair share of isolation

Agreed. That was just one of the main things that I loved about the first two games.

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

Mr Underhill - 19 April 2017 04:21 PM

For that substantial budget you’d expect better lip sync… at least in the trailer Meh

Yeah, I think that they really sropped the ball with the lip sync. Presdumably it’s tailored to the French language, but couldn’t they have found a way to make it less jarring for English (and presumably other languages too)?

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

€40 is a bit steep for an adventure game (can’t remember the last time I spent more than €10 on one).

I guess that’s why they’ve had to cater to a mainstream audience. 

Hopefully, it’s still a decent point-and-click and it all works out well.

Eagerly awaiting the first reviews!

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

Yeah, it does seem expensive.

It’s now live on Steam (for Europe).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/464340/

I too am waiting for reviews - must admit that I would have snapped it up if it was in the old 2D style of the first two games and didn’t have the lip sync issues (or, going by the trailer, the apparent reliance on action pieces, but it’s hard to judge that from a trailer which the marketing folks will want to appear “exciting”).

Sadly it also uses Denuvo (copy protection) which many people don’t like due to it apparently leaving pieces of itself when uninstalled and also, allegedly, shortening the life of SSDs. It’s also DRM and requires an Internet connection. As long as it uses Denuvo I won’t be buying it, irrespective of how good it is (I won’t be pirating it either!).

So that’s a definite lost sale.

More fool Microids.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wow! with five languages full audio provided

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Irongiant909 - 20 April 2017 12:03 PM
nomadsoul - 19 April 2017 03:27 PM

I hope there is a fair share of isolation

Agreed. That was just one of the main things that I loved about the first two games.

Sokal mentioned Chernobyl version of Syberia in S3 , so atleast some Soviet soul will be back

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

I see that a few people are already starting to upload gameplay videos to YouTube - mostly Russian but a few English languages ones too.

I decided to watch a few parts and I’m distinctly unimpressed.

On a technical level the character movement animations are poor, also the lip sync issue is even worse than anticipated - the characters additionally seem to open their mouths far more than would normally be necessary (unless they were constantly shouting).

I’m not impressed with the music either - it lacks the wonderful ambience of the first two games (yes, I know the composer is Inon Zur, who also composed the music for Syberia 2) - the music also seems to play too much during moments which, in the first two games, would normally be quiet (such as when trying to solve a puzzle for example).

Ah well, we’ll always have Syberia 1 and 2 ...........

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

dumbeur - 20 April 2017 12:42 PM

€40 is a bit steep for an adventure game (can’t remember the last time I spent more than €10 on one).

I guess that’s why they’ve had to cater to a mainstream audience. 

Hopefully, it’s still a decent point-and-click and it all works out well.

Eagerly awaiting the first reviews!

No offence but this type of repsonse is always frustrating.

People want adventure games with a decent budget etc but are not willing to pay it. If the value of adventure games is seen as 10 euros then all we will ever get is small indie games with low budgets or none at all.

Frown

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Knew someone would pick me up on that. Wink

What I do doesn’t affect the market.  And “but what if everyone did that” is a logical fallacy.

I take your point though.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Irongiant909 - 20 April 2017 12:46 PM

Yeah, it does seem expensive.

It’s now live on Steam (for Europe).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/464340/

£29.99 or 39.99 for the Deluxe version so in the current climate does seem expensive but on a par with the price of a lot of adventure games when I first started playing them about 20 years ago! Hopefully you get what you pay for!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Irongiant909 - 20 April 2017 03:23 PM

I see that a few people are already starting to upload gameplay videos to YouTube - mostly Russian but a few English languages ones too

Skimmed through some streams too
Locations are good, have isolated feel
Music will keep the mood
Though some really big areas need sprint button
Also some super slowdowns and jittering…around 14gb patch too
There are some invisible walls too
Still its not half bad in locations which can push me to finish the game

However reviews would slam it to 7s and 8s
So i reckon MC in 70s

Lucien21 - 20 April 2017 03:32 PM

If the value of adventure games is seen as 10 euros

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Will hopefully play this one day and was prepared to pay the asking price today (currently replaying Syberia II to prepare for playing the new one) but a third party DRM on a Steam game means a no buy for me.

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Irongiant909 - 20 April 2017 04:17 PM

Steam reviews so far split 50/50:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/464340/reviews/?browsefilter=toprated&snr=1_5_reviews_

Not very confidant about the game but never trust Steam reviews. Probably complaining about DRM or random bugs

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top