You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #61

Default Side Games Suck

What a good time I was having playing the game when the construction site dream sequence side game hit me with a great big disappointing shock. I cannot play those things. That's why I buy adventure games and not arcade games. I was lucky to get 6 white dots lit up after trying for over a half hour beating on the freaking arrow keys. If there does not exist a cheat to get past these side games my experience with Next Life has just come to an abrupt end. How many of these stupid momentum defeating fiascos are in this game? I'll be waiting at the mailbox for my next game.

Greybeard
Old 12-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #62

Poor you greybeard I too had trouble with that, and we're not the only ones.

Cris Pandry has posted a save game to take you past that part of the game...just look at previous posts, I'm sure you'll find it.

Spoiler:
I cant find the damn repaired pipeline to make my screwy bigger to open the vent, where the heck has it gone???
Old 12-06-2007, 02:13 PM   #63
Hot 'n Spicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
Poor you greybeard I too had trouble with that, and we're not the only ones.

Cris Pandry has posted a save game to take you past that part of the game...just look at previous posts, I'm sure you'll find it.

Spoiler:
I cant find the damn repaired pipeline to make my screwy bigger to open the vent, where the heck has it gone???
Spoiler:
Go back and look around the corridors. There's a pipe next to one of the doors on the right hand side.

Last edited by Cris Pandry; 12-06-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:23 PM   #64

What floor are we on Cris, below the stairs or above?
Old 12-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #65
Hot 'n Spicy

Quote:
What floor are we on Cris, below the stairs or above?
Spoiler:
It's on the basement floor, next to the door marked GX 25.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #66

Old 12-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #67

Default Save Game

Wow! Thanks for the save game. I browsed the topic but perhaps I should open my eyes next time I browse. I might see things better that way. Sorry for extra effort I caused. The saved game seems to have dropped me where I did not expect.
Spoiler:
I apparently was in another accident and there is oil on the road and I have health icons at the top of the screen. What happened to the construction site? Did this save game kindly help us around other timed sequences?

Thanks,
Greybeard
Old 12-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #68

Default Finally Give UP

I got about another 15 minutes of game play and ran smack into another timed sequence with the heart thingamajigger. Last straw. It is clear this game is going to be frustrating all the way and I have better games waiting to be played. This one's history.

Greybeard
Old 12-07-2007, 04:09 AM   #69

There isa another save game for after that heart thingy Greybeard, but I must admit, you do lose track of the game a little.

Personally I think they spoilt the whole game by introducing those silly puzzles, like you said earlier, if we wanted an arcade game we wouldnt be playing adventures
Old 12-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #70

Quote:
There isa another save game for after that heart thingy Greybeard, but I must admit, you do lose track of the game a little.
Thanks but no thanks. I totally agree you lose track and I suspect there will be many more of these timed sequences that genuinely ruined this game. My frustration is now over for I have uninstalled the game, gave my feedback on the game at Amazon, and am awaiting Ghost in the Sheet while I try to finish up Culpa Innata which I'm taking forever to complete and starting to get a little bored.

Greybeard
Old 12-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #71
Super Moderator

We can add info to our games database like dead ends, pixel hunting, timed sequences for example. I just added the timed sequences to Next Life's info.

Very soon the Games A-Z data base will be searchable so if you wanted to look for games that have timed sequences (so you could avoid them, as definitely not everyone likes them), you can.

Also you can see any red flags like that when you look up a specific game as well.

Last edited by Melanie68; 12-07-2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added link
Old 12-07-2007, 01:06 PM   #72

Well, you didnt miss much greybeard, I finished the game last night thanx to Cris Pandry, but I was thoroughly miffed by the whole game.....not my cup of tea at all.

I prefer the Broken Sword games, and have yet to find any that come up to scratch.

I havent heard of either of the games you mention, but I will watch out for them, thanx.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #73

Excellent Melanie, sounds like a plan
Old 12-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
We can add info to our games database like dead ends, pixel hunting, timed sequences for example. I just added the timed sequences to Next Life's info.
Wonderful! How about info about puzzles. Some of the old Access Technology games (read: Tex Murphy) allowed you to solve the puzzles with a hot key. If the player is up to the challenge more power to them. But give us folks who are just looking for an adventure game a way out so we can play them as well.

I usually am able to head these problems off by previews and reviews but I saw nothing about Next Life that would lead me to believe that these timed sequences or arcade action sequences would be a problem or I never would have purchased this game. Perhaps I missed it then it's my bad for buying it anyway.

Greybeard
Old 12-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #75

Well, here I am stuck again.. I am stuck at that bloody heart thing. I know what I have to do, but I do not have the reflexes to do it..

Has anybody got a saved game just past that bit..
Whoever invented those timed bits, they should be taken out the back and shot.. other than the timed bits, I am enjoying the game..
Old 12-09-2007, 01:10 AM   #76

Default construction area

i would appreciate it if you could give me a saved game before third day :in the construction area nightmare.There seems to be a bug there.I have put the screws from the first toolbox in the bucket and nothing happened.thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris Pandry View Post
Spoiler:
Go right to the end of the level where the lift is. Now go past the lift and step onto the small platform. Now look on the floor. It's one of those hotspots that won't show until you walk there unfortunately!

Last edited by giorgoski; 12-09-2007 at 04:04 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #77
bbn

I need some help! In the dream sequence with the game (Adam hanging from a girder), everything seems to freeze. Clicking on the game circle or on the arrows in the corner do nothing. Anyone tell me what's going on?
Old 12-19-2007, 11:48 PM   #78

Default Next life assisstance

Im on the second dream, already crashed, got out of car. I have found one boot, by the trailer but have found nothing else. I have the electrocuted guy, the unconcious couple, and of course my wound and "call for help". However I can't seem to get any further? I put the wooden plank up on the undercarriage, and it wont let me get a brick still, and there is nothing else that shows up as clickable, around the undercarriage area. Ive waled all around but found no other items. I need a simple hint, not a solution just a hint of what to do next.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:13 AM   #79

Default frustrating shooting...

Hi guys, got a funny problem here. Been searching all the previous posts but none like mine, so it might be me alone.

I'm trying to shoot at danica's glass from the cliff but keep on missing. Is this a bug or something?

thanks in advance.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:22 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbn View Post
I need some help! In the dream sequence with the game (Adam hanging from a girder), everything seems to freeze. Clicking on the game circle or on the arrows in the corner do nothing. Anyone tell me what's going on?
can u access the inventory? Coz I think u need to use ur belt with the hook.