Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Next Life / Reprobates (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/21392-next-life-reprobates.html)

Stroupe 11-22-2007 12:31 PM

Next Life / Reprobates

I'm stuck at the first dream sequence, and since there aren't any walkthroughs on the net, figured I'd ask here. I'm in the first dream sequence at the contstruction site, and I can't figure out how to make the elevator move. I have the hammer, and the crowbar. I was thinking that I'd need to use the rag on the pulleys to clean the up and get it to move, but the guy only picks up the rag from the wrong side. Any help would be appreciated.

jtoast 11-22-2007 12:40 PM

Would love to help you but I'm still trying to figure out how to get the dang Bell tower door open :P

Any hints would be appreciated.

EDIT:
Disregard. I figured it out.

Stroupe 11-22-2007 12:52 PM

To get the door open, there's a padlock you have to look at. It's kinda hard to see, but it's on the left hand side. After that you'll need a wire to pick the lock, and that can be gotten from the asian girl. Ask the black lady. And I'm not sure if you've done that yet or not, so after that to open the door, just use a stick on it to pry it open.

The Will 11-22-2007 01:33 PM

Spoiler:
Remember the closed toolbox where you picked up the hammer? That crowbar should get it open.

Stroupe 11-22-2007 03:13 PM

Yeah I got that open but there wasn't anything in there. Just "Junk". So now I'm just missing the handle. And btw, how do you use the spoiler tag?

The Will 11-22-2007 03:31 PM

If you right click something, Adam will investigate further. Try investigating the junk. I know what you're thinking, this should've been explained ingame, and I agree. Took me an hour to figure that out.

Spoiler tags work like this:
[spoiler]Text you want spoilerised...[/spoiler]

zak 11-22-2007 03:32 PM

I was stuck same place for a long time, but try right click on junk.

Just completed the game so ill be glad to help out if any needs help just tell how to do spoilers no idea how too either

Stroupe 11-22-2007 03:33 PM

Awesome thanks! You should be the first to write a walkthrough. Alot of people on the net's been clamoring for one. I'll be sure to post anymore questions I have later in here since I'm sure I'll have a few.

The Will 11-22-2007 04:47 PM

Walkthrough has been out for a couple of days now, you can find it here. It can be quite hard to understand at times, but it's usable.

Stroupe 11-22-2007 05:42 PM

Thanks a million for the walkthrough. It is hard to read, but understandable. I didn't realize Nostradamus wrote walkthroughs. :P

Stroupe 11-22-2007 06:25 PM

Alright, stuck again. At the trailer, I picked up the brick, and the walkthrough says to throw it through the window, but it's not letting me do anything. The guys' already been electrocuted, so I figured I should be able to throw the brick through the trailer window.

jtoast 11-22-2007 09:46 PM

Spoiler:
You have to check the door first.

balmhood 11-23-2007 04:36 AM

I am stuck with the dead man. I've seen the saw, and when I climb down the ladder to plug the cables, it keeps telling me that it doesn't want to climb.
Am I missing something or am I not supposed to look at the cables? The walkthrough isn't very clear on this.
thanks in advance,
Balm

edit: had to right click on the cables... silly me !

zak 11-23-2007 04:45 AM

Spoiler:
What i remember its the 2nd cable from the right that goes up to the saw so u can cut the robe the dead man is hanging in, but i already had the cable put in before going up there so not sure how to get down again

balmhood 11-23-2007 10:57 AM

stuck in the second cave.
Spoiler:
I removed the first beam, gave the bottle away, pulled the hook, and hans keeps asking me to do something... ok, but what? I tried using the stick on the rock but it didn't work either...

jtoast 11-23-2007 11:57 AM

Balmwood,
Spoiler:
Connect the chain to the big rock by the door and drop another rock on the second beam

balmhood 11-23-2007 12:47 PM

thanks for the help! I missed it on my screen.

Stroupe 11-23-2007 12:54 PM

I don't know how to use the spoiler tag, so forgive any spoilers, however, the chain is on the ground towards the front of the "broken bark". Looks like a boat to me though. Anyways, it's hard to see and the mouse hotspot for it is pretty small. So just run your mouse real slow up and down in the area between the boulder and the front of the boat.

balmhood 11-23-2007 02:34 PM

seems like i am the only one getting stuck :)
Thanks for the help everyone ! (to use spoiler tag, start paragraph with [ spoiler ] (no space) and end it with [ /spoiler ] (no spaces)
i am stuck again :( ...
Spoiler:
After getting hit on the head by Edwin, I wake up, get the scalpel, read the book, look at the window blinds, notice the blood mark & absence of bodies, follw the trail to the storage room where edwin was and then ... ? I went back and forth trying to see what I missed and couldn't find it

zak 11-23-2007 02:50 PM

Spoiler:
In the morgue u need u take a body out of a freezer