You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 06:51 AM   #41
Hot 'n Spicy

@Patti,

You only remove the .zip suffix. Not the .zip in the middle of the file name!

As said above, you should have two files then, called save18.zip.001 and save18.zip.002 respectively. Then use HJSplit to Join them. HJSplit expects a .001 file name by default. After it's finished a few ms later, you should have save18.zip.

Then follow the instructions above.

HTH?

(The reason for all this unnecessary indirectness is the server file size limit for one and I had to add the extra .zip suffix to 'fool' the server, as it won't accept .001 or .002 files etc.)

Last edited by Cris Pandry; 11-29-2007 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:13 AM   #42

Default next life..... spoilers!!

Btw, I think the minigames both sucked and wiped. Almost pulled my hair out there . I wonder what sick mind came up with that? You where better of pounding away on your keyboard like in fahrenheit. You remember...left right left right....anyway. Too much pixelhunting, you have to look really carefully or you'll miss things and start thinking ïf maybe there's a bug. And the main character, what's his problem? He cries like a little schoolgirl whenever he sees a spider or a small wound, and when he encounters a secret station with robots he doesn't blink?!?! And his voice....aaargh. (like I said before, I played the german version) I hope the english voice actor is better. I found the atmosphere good, there wasn't much music and I didn't care for the Island parts, find a stick, find a rock, find another rock, find another stick. The nightmares were the best parts. But I'll take a gothic horror story anytime. (waiting for black mirrror 2).
Old 11-29-2007, 07:30 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris Pandry View Post
@Patti,

You only remove the .zip suffix. Not the .zip in the middle of the file name!

As said above, you should have two files then, called save18.zip.001 and save18.zip.002 respectively. Then use HJSplit to Join them. HJSplit expects a .001 file name by default. After it's finished a few ms later, you should have save18.zip.

Then follow the instructions above.

HTH?

(The reason for all this unnecessary indirectness is the server file size limit for one and I had to add the extra .zip suffix to 'fool' the server, as it won't accept .001 or .002 files etc.)

Thanx Cris, any chance you could mail the save to me, to save all this messing about?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:33 AM   #44
Hot 'n Spicy

Hmm, how difficult can it be? Hope you don't drive a car too?

Just kidding.

Can you PM me your e-mail address, and I'll send you the save.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:42 AM   #45

Hey cheeky, I'm a woman...and very busy too, I have pm'd you hun, thanx.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #46

I am having problems removing the zip suffix. I know it has .zip suffix, but it doesn't show and I have tried to change the name etc. Exactly how do you remove the zip suffix from a zip file?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:44 AM   #47
Hot 'n Spicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingtiger View Post
I am having problems removing the zip suffix. I know it has .zip suffix, but it doesn't show and I have tried to change the name etc. Exactly how do you remove the zip suffix from a zip file?
It doesn't show?!

You mean you can NOT see the .zip at the end of the filename? If so, it's possible that your 'View' settings are not set to see the extension. You could try going to the menu, Tools->Folder Options->View then UNtick the 'Hide extensions for known file types' option. That should do it. (This is for XP btw).

When you d/l the file e.g. to your desktop, the file is called "save018.zip.001.zip".

To remove the .zip suffix you right click on the file, choose 'Rename' and hit the End key on the keyboard, then backspace over first the 'p', then the 'i', then the 'z' and finally the '.'. Press Enter, or click away from the file name and you'll get a warning about changing the file extension, but just click on 'Yes' and you have a file called "save18.zip.001".
Old 11-30-2007, 05:31 AM   #48

Thanks, that worked, didn't think about Tools/etc. It took me further into the game. I really wanted to skip the CPR game sequence. My arthritic hands don't do so well with those type of games.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:28 AM   #49
Hot 'n Spicy

Quote:
Thanks, that worked, didn't think about Tools/etc. It took me further into the game. I really wanted to skip the CPR game sequence. My arthritic hands don't do so well with those type of games.
Hi, glad you got it working Ok now.

Did you succeed in the CPR sequence or do you need a save past that bit too?
Old 11-30-2007, 03:05 PM   #50

a save for just after the CPR would be nice. Thank you.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:20 PM   #51
Hot 'n Spicy

Quote:
a save for just after the CPR would be nice. Thank you.
Ok, wait a while and I'll upload it here and edit appropriately...

Edit:

Ok here it is... Use HJSplit as explained earlier in the thread.

As you can appreciate, this save will have taken care of the more immediate matter in the cabin itself, so you only have the remaining tasks to fulfill, which IIRC don't require much frantic mouse clicking. The clock is still ticking though of course.

Surely this goes to prove the need for a patch, and I empathise with you for what must be a pretty frustrating time getting through these sequences.

Again, IIRC, I don't think there's any more to worry about after this right up to the end of the game, but someone'll probably correct me there.

HTH
Attached Files
File Type: zip save021.zip.001.zip (85.0 KB, 495 views)
File Type: zip save021.zip.002.zip (37.7 KB, 446 views)

Last edited by Cris Pandry; 11-30-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #52

thanks so much... but the game is so slow and is seeming to get more boring as it goes on....geez
Old 12-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #53

Anyone else having a problem with the timing on shooting the robot in the hangar? I keep getting fried by him!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #54
Hot 'n Spicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermygirl View Post
Anyone else having a problem with the timing on shooting the robot in the hangar? I keep getting fried by him!
Spoiler:
Move immediately to the far right and wait until he opens the hangar doors, then shoot.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:29 AM   #55
3rd person fanatic :)

Hmm... this game has said to be made by the developer of Black Mirror and Ni-Bi-Ru.... Well, I bit disagree there. "Future Games" was a Publisher to Those games, yes, but the developer was "Unknown Identity" and that name I haven't seen around this game. The developer to Next Life is "Future games", the one that published Black Mirror and Ni-Bi-Ru. Maybe that would explain the differences for us, who are comparing it to those two. I believe, that the developer is not same.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #56

Thanks Cris! That helps!
YAY! I am no longer getting electro-gunned down!
Old 12-04-2007, 04:05 PM   #57

Spoiler:
A somewhat anti-climatic ending.... Even carrying the girl off into the sunset gave me no real satisfaction!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #58

Default crowbar

Where the 'hell' is the pipe to make the crowbar hiding..

I have been all over the tower, several times and I am damned if I can find it..

I have got the oil, poured it over the pulley but I can not find the pipe to make the crowbar..WHERE IS IT..
Old 12-05-2007, 05:32 AM   #59
Hot 'n Spicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drongo View Post
Where the 'hell' is the pipe to make the crowbar hiding..

I have been all over the tower, several times and I am damned if I can find it..

I have got the oil, poured it over the pulley but I can not find the pipe to make the crowbar..WHERE IS IT..
Spoiler:
Go right to the end of the level where the lift is. Now go past the lift and step onto the small platform. Now look on the floor. It's one of those hotspots that won't show until you walk there unfortunately!
Old 12-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #60

Thanks Cris,

No wonder I could not find the damn thing..