You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2007, 01:39 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyarque View Post
Hi guys, got a funny problem here. Been searching all the previous posts but none like mine, so it might be me alone.

I'm trying to shoot at danica's glass from the cliff but keep on missing. Is this a bug or something?

thanks in advance.

That happened to me also, I just kept trying and got there in the end.

Good Luck
Old 12-25-2007, 05:03 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBird View Post
Hmm... this game has said to be made by the developer of Black Mirror and Ni-Bi-Ru.... Well, I bit disagree there. "Future Games" was a Publisher to Those games, yes, but the developer was "Unknown Identity" and that name I haven't seen around this game. The developer to Next Life is "Future games", the one that published Black Mirror and Ni-Bi-Ru. Maybe that would explain the differences for us, who are comparing it to those two. I believe, that the developer is not same.
Hi,
check the credits in manual and credits of Black Mirror or Nibiru (http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...ge-of-secrets), you will find same people, Next Life was created with the same team as Nibiru, only bigger
Old 12-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post

Good Luck
yup, found out there's a SPECIFIC SPOT that u must be at to be able to hit the glass...haih...got it accidentally though.

Thanks anyway!
Old 01-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #84

I just got the game and i'm currently having trouble in the beginning, i've talked to everyone in the beginning and i have to set this log on fire with the arid grass i picked up, yet its not allowing me to use the arid grass on the log? Any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #85

It's been awhile but if I remember right,
Spoiler:
you use the grass on the stick to create the fire and then use the fire on the log.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post

Good Luck
This IS happening also to me just now, I keep trying and NOTHING, is there a particular way or place to put the slingshot? or a place one should stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyarque View Post
yup, found out there's a SPECIFIC SPOT that u must be at to be able to hit the glass...haih...got it accidentally though.

Thanks anyway!
Could you please describe the SPECIFIC SPOT? Left or Right from the stones?I've been walking back and forward with no luck

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 01-05-2008 at 08:09 AM. Reason: merged
Old 01-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarablanca View Post
This IS happening also to me just now, I keep trying and NOTHING, is there a particular way or place to put the slingshot? or a place one should stand?

Could you please describe the SPECIFIC SPOT? Left or Right from the stones?I've been walking back and forward with no luck

Finally I did it !

Spoiler:
I was in the place for collecting stones and I shot 5 stones starting to a place slightly below the shiny spot and moving the sling upwards a little to spot haigher than the shiny spot, the fifth stone did it.

Last edited by tarablanca; 01-05-2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: sling was misspelled
Old 01-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #88

I'm stuck earlier than anyone I've read about yet, the Main Menu screen. When I first start the game, a few seconds before the Adventure Co. splash comes up, my cursor disappears. The main menu comes up and I see something round in the upper left corner that I suppose is probably the cursor, but no mouse I've tried can make it move. I can't do anything except Alt-Tab away and/or close it with Task Manager. The mouse/cursor operate normally again as soon as I Alt-Tab away.

The Adventure Company hasn't responded to a couple email requests for support.

My DirectX and video drivers are up to date. I'm running Win2Ksp4 on a P4-3.0, 2g ram, 7600GT-256 video, SB Audigy 4 sound, machine I put together.

Any suggestions? Does anybody know anyone who has gotten the game (not the demo) to run under Win2K? I'm not the only one with this problem.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:04 AM   #89

next life
i need a saved game for the yellow and orange balls, driving me crazy,help!

Last edited by poppy lloyd; 01-23-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #90

Default Next Life - Win2K & Leadtech 7600GT

After sending them my DxDiag report, Customer Support says that it appears Next Life "...is not functional with your computer’s video card. I would like to offer you a replacement game in place of your current game."

Beats having to eat the $30 I suppose, but I wanted to play it. Oh well.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #91

Default Stuck!!!

I need help. I'm stuck at the part where I'm on the elevator, but I can't cross to the other platform to retrieve the bar. Am I missing a step somewhere? I am following the walkthrough from the gameboomers.com site. And for some reason, I can't seem to get that bar. HELP please
Old 02-12-2008, 04:44 PM   #92

Did you click on the platform before you click on the bar? When i had this problem i simple had to click on the platform to walk there first and then the cursor change on the bar. If the cursor turn green you can pick it up. I don't thing that you are missing something
Hope this will help
Old 02-28-2008, 11:36 PM   #93

I just finished this game and I want to thank those of you who posted hints and save games to help me get through it. At first, I really didn't think I was going to finish this game. I found the voice acting and translations somewhat bizarre and the pace of gameplay incredibly slow. I kept thinking I was going to quit, especially when I got to the first timed puzzle, with the floating balls. Somehow I managed to get through that one, turning off the volume helped, I found Adam awfully discouraging Every time he said "I can't do it!" my heart would start to race and my hands would shake. I used save games to get past the other two minigames... I tried and tried and tried but I just wasn't getting anywhere.

Despite my frustrations, I found this game really growing on me as I played. The characters are quirky, and sometimes downright nonsensical, perhaps something was lost in translation, it doesn't appear as if it was ever glanced over by an English speaker, but I found their individual personalities and stories really came through, I don't think I've really seen character development like that in a game before.

Despite all of its flaws, I really enjoyed this game. After a point, I even found myself amused by Adam's ambulatory reluctance. I nearly died laughing at one point when he said "I'd better walk slow - I wouldn't want to spill it!" I couldn't help laughing at the unbelievably tacky panty shots too. I thought it had a certain artiness, as well as a cult/camp appeal, kind of like if Andrei Tarkovsky and Russ Meyers designed an adventure game together.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:46 AM   #94

I agree with you and also i haven't heard anyone who had not problems with the timed puzzles in that game. The first one was i little bit easier than the others. The second one at the crash scene was the hardest for me and i request for a saved game to continue... And Adam was walking really slow...
Old 03-25-2008, 11:06 PM   #95

Went to "burned out area." Please help me locate the bleeping wire, or I just might go crazy!!

I've TRIED asking the Asian girl....she does not speak. I've asked Dorathy, the Black Lady...no luck! Please help this poor soul!! I need help...spoiler or no! Oh please post a reply...SOMEONE!!!!!

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 03-26-2008 at 03:13 AM. Reason: merged
Old 03-26-2008, 09:20 AM   #96

Hi Jean...
Did Dorothy mentioned the wire? Did you try the door at the bell tower? Did you click on the padlock?
Old 03-26-2008, 06:14 PM   #97

Default stuck in car wreck/puzzle

I am in the car wreck and I don't understand the puzzle. Walkthrough says fill up the wedge and I do but it doesn' go to next wedge, it starts to undo again so I refill it in, but then he dies...
I don't understand.......how can I get past this???
Please help
nightingayle
Old 03-26-2008, 11:31 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLKANA View Post
Hi Jean...
Did Dorothy mentioned the wire? Did you try the door at the bell tower? Did you click on the padlock?
Hi Volkana,

No, Dorathy didn't mention the wire. She was standing in the doorway of her cabin, complaining about the rain & such. Every attempt to speak to her yeilded the same response. Adam's second attempt to approach the bell tower door was not successful. He wouldn't even approach the stoop. Kept saying, "It won't work this way." If you have anything to offer at this point, I would certainly be most grateful!!

Thanks bunches
Old 03-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #99

If you didn't go to the upper plateau yet you should try the stick and rock on the you will ask the other guy being there (can't remember his name) to help you... Did you do all these?
Old 03-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #100

I tried saving your save games but did not work and did not let me change the ext. I have Vista. don't know if that makes a difference..
I still cannot get past th wrecked car puzzle.. pretty stupid puzzle.
Can someone help me here....please...
nightingayle