You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #21

Ok....need some help here...
Spoiler:
I'm in the same spot, where the heck am I supposed to hide?

Disregard, figured it out I really hate this game sometimes.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:00 PM   #22

I agree, the damn little stuff is what keeps hanging me up. Like right clicking on something before you can use something else on it, ect...
Old 11-23-2007, 11:14 PM   #23

What do people think of this game and is it worth buying?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:58 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak View Post
Spoiler:
In the morgue u need u take a body out of a freezer
Spoiler:
but I don't see any. I have checked all the freezers, nothing. right click gives me the "corpses. I really don't care about them" message and a leftclick gives me a "chilling, they must be worlking"

Edit:i am also starting to hate this ... trigger was to
Spoiler:
right click on the storage room to get the phone ringing
... grrr! It is so random that I right click on everything now... makes no sense sometimes.

Last edited by balmhood; 11-24-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:55 AM   #25
zak

Hehe for sure the game got alot of stupid things was stuck for hrs at some points cause of a silly reason that made no sence at all
Old 11-24-2007, 02:20 PM   #26
Hot 'n Spicy

Default Breaker 19

I'm quite enjoying this game so far after completing the first 3 days, but I'm amazed that nobody (so far) has complained about the...

Spoiler:
...seat belt dexterity puzzle yet!

It seems you need good reflexes and/or a good mouse to get through that one? LOL

It needed a few tries here and I'm a well versed FPS player too, or perhaps I'm just getting old, hehe.

If anyone needs a save to get past that part It's here. (Server doesn't like .rar files so... rename the .zip files to .rar then use Winrar to reconstruct the complete save. Server won't allow files greater than 97K! pooh...)
Attached Files
File Type: zip save018.part1.zip (87.9 KB, 1070 views)
File Type: zip save018.part2.zip (57.6 KB, 962 views)

Last edited by Cris Pandry; 11-24-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #27

Actually, that puzzle was what made me uninstall the game. I didn't quite enjoy it anyway, the first bit was just stupid walking back and forth (not to mention the conversations that barely made sense - bad translating probably) trying to find the pixel to click on the move somewhere else, followed by a rather uninspiring dream. Then when they threw that bloody seatbelt dexterity thingy at me I got really annoyed, and after failing miserably 10 times I had enough.

Thanks for the saves though, maybe I'll reinstall and see if it gets better.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamegirl View Post
What do people think of this game and is it worth buying?
I'm going to say no.

The interface is annoying as hell and the voice acting is absolutely terrible. I am also finding myself doing a lot of pixel hunting on the edges of the screen trying to find the hotspot to change locations or to figure out where my next batch of
Spoiler:
5 rocks, 3 sticks
is going to come from...and don't even get me started on that that damn "Climb" icon :GRR The puzzles seem to be either very easy or extremly bizarre. I mean come on, how the hell am I supposed to figure out that the only way to open a door would be to
Spoiler:
wire a corpse with an electric lamp
?

I am also not real crazy about the action sequences.

All in all, I would give this about a 4 out of 10.

Last edited by jtoast; 11-24-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:03 AM   #29

Default stuck next/life

Hi i need help on nextlife/reprobates, i have opened the bell tower door and stuck a stick combined with rocks in a crack but dont know what to do next. Found a walkthrough and it said something about look down were boris hid dry leaves but cant see it anywhere. Could someone please tell me what to do next. Thank You
Old 11-25-2007, 08:33 AM   #30

Spoiler:
You have to ask him for the leaves. You will have to do him a favor before he will give them to you.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:58 AM   #31
Hot 'n Spicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Will View Post

Thanks for the saves though, maybe I'll reinstall and see if it gets better.
You're welcome.

Just after this is another timed game sequence. Well, the whole scene is 'timed' actually, but in an interesting way. Much less frustrating than the seat-belt problem anyway. However, within this, there's another dexterity problem but again much less difficult.

I can honestly see this as a major stumbling block for quite a lot of players not used to these pseudo action sequences.

IMHO, a patch is needed to either slow down or be more forgiving of mistakes for these parts, or perhaps make an optional bypass key so that these sequences can be skipped altogether?

BTW, I realised that a few people may not have access to Winrar (which needs to be paid for out of the shareware period), so here's the same save but able to be reconstructed by a freeware utility called HJSplit available here:

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/#win32

Remove the .zip suffix from the two files, use HJSplit to recombine them, then use Winzip (or the OS) to extract the .esa save file! What a drama...

HTH someone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip save018.zip.001.zip (84.0 KB, 585 views)
File Type: zip save018.zip.002.zip (82.1 KB, 543 views)

Last edited by Cris Pandry; 11-25-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:57 PM   #32
Sar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroupe View Post
Thanks a million for the walkthrough. It is hard to read, but understandable. I didn't realize Nostradamus wrote walkthroughs.
Here is a better walk through
http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcNn/nextlife.htm
Old 11-27-2007, 02:22 AM   #33

actually for the seat belt sequence... I did it this way and found it a lot easier... click and hold the mouse button (adding a new "color" is only triggered when you release the button) this makes it a lot easier to do (unclikc as soon as the previous spot is lit did it for me).
for the locations, you can use the "E" key on the keyboard and all location spots are highlighted...
Indeed, the stairs is a pain and the fact that you need to right click was the most annoying for me.
Hunting for the 5 (R...S) and the 3 (S...S) was also a pain but then again they are quite widly available so that wasn't so bad.
All in all, I would give it a 4/5 out of 10.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #34

Hello,
first of all, a big thanks to Cris Pandry for posting the savegame that starts after the seatbelt game. Grmbl, just an impossible task for me, and really, I tried a lot. Although I might give it one last try using Balmhood's method.

Now, I'm stuck, and I'm not quite sure whether this would be a bug or not. I tried a first time to escape the island.
Spoiler:
But I did not have the flippers yet, so I did not succeed. After that, I stumbled upon the hideout, again. I had never used it before, and I thought this time, why not hide a few things in it. I put my glass shard in there, along with some other things. Now, when I returned from a bit of walking and talking around, the shard was not in the hideout place anymore!
So now I'm left wondering: will it be possible to find another shard, or some other sharp thing - or am I just stuck without a means of cutting the tree???

I hope someone was in this situation and has found a solution to it. I already searched all places in hope of finding something. And my last savegame is at the beginning of the mortuary scene
Greetings

btw - if you think the conversations are strange, try putting the subtitles on - it makes them even stranger... (a lot of mistakes in there)

Last edited by Blackcat; 11-27-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:08 PM   #35
Hot 'n Spicy

Hey Blackcat,

That's some nice lateral thinking there! Wish I'd thought of that.

Don't know the answer to the question though. Justice suggests that there should be a way around this though for sure?!

Best I can offer is a save game for you at the spot before Adam leaves the island.

Give me a few minutes and I'll re-install and upload the relevant save for you.

@balmhood,

I tried your method, but found it not much better than the original way. What I did was click one section before (depending on the speed of the rotation of course). It was always the innermost rotation that was more luck than judgement though.

Yes, the 'E' shortcut is useful for the exits. Pity there wasn't one for the hotspots too. Pixel hunting caused me a few headaches in this game.

Last edited by Cris Pandry; 11-27-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:29 PM   #36
Hot 'n Spicy

OK,

Here's both versions anyway. Complete with gratuitous upskirt(s) ahem! LOL
Attached Files
File Type: zip save047.part1.zip (87.9 KB, 498 views)
File Type: zip save047.part2.zip (34.9 KB, 415 views)
File Type: zip save047.zip.001.zip (85.0 KB, 425 views)
File Type: zip save047.zip.002.zip (53.3 KB, 420 views)
Old 11-27-2007, 02:11 PM   #37

Thank you!
(but I was impatient and replayed the mortuary part and the last day on the island, aided by a walkthrough - took almost an hour)
I kinda like the game, but it has its very silly moments and quirks.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:59 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris Pandry View Post
You're welcome.

Just after this is another timed game sequence. Well, the whole scene is 'timed' actually, but in an interesting way. Much less frustrating than the seat-belt problem anyway. However, within this, there's another dexterity problem but again much less difficult.

I can honestly see this as a major stumbling block for quite a lot of players not used to these pseudo action sequences.

IMHO, a patch is needed to either slow down or be more forgiving of mistakes for these parts, or perhaps make an optional bypass key so that these sequences can be skipped altogether?

BTW, I realised that a few people may not have access to Winrar (which needs to be paid for out of the shareware period), so here's the same save but able to be reconstructed by a freeware utility called HJSplit available here:

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/#win32

Remove the .zip suffix from the two files, use HJSplit to recombine them, then use Winzip (or the OS) to extract the .esa save file! What a drama...

HTH someone.

Many thanx for the save game Cris, however I cant get them to work...any advice would be appreciated
Old 11-29-2007, 06:20 AM   #39
Hot 'n Spicy

Ok download the two files. Remove the .zip suffix from both files. You now have a .001 file and a .002 file. Use HJSplit to 'Join' them. You now have the save game but .zipped.

Unzip that file using either WinZip, WinRar, 7Zip, or the Operating system if you're using WinXP / Vista. Now you have the .esa saved game file! Phew...

Place that file in the X: \Program Files\The Adventure Company\Next Life\bin\saves folder, where X: is the partition where you installed it (probably C: ). Mine was Q: as I have LOADS of partitions on my hard drive(s), but it doesn't matter.

If you already have a save by the same name, then simply rename the unzipped .esa save file to something higher than your current highest numbered saved game e.g. save059.esa or whatever.

Then restart the game and load the save game you just put in there from above. It should show the same number and/or time as the file.

Does that help?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:26 AM   #40

I know how to do all of that hun, its just that when I remove the .zip, it tells me that the files are corrupted.

Do I remove both the .zip names or just the last one on each of the saves?

I did it so many times and deleted I got confused