You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #41
Homer of Kittens

Pretty cool Microsoft conference. Most of the games we were expecting, though I was kinda disappointed that Valve announced Left 4 dead 2 instead of the next half life/portal. The next splinter cell looks pretty awesome, and I thought Alan Wake looked meh. I am surprised they didn't show Mass Effect 2, the exclusive game I am looking most forward to on the 360.
Twitter and Facebook are cool if you feel like blogging from the console, and it's funny how Ngai Croal was joking on gametrailers how Microsoft is going to add twitter or facebook, and he nailed it
Project Natal has tons of potential, though it will all depend on how much of it is for real, and what kind of games they are going to make for it. The tech demos look pretty damn cool.

So far Microsft has impressed. Next comes Nintendo and Sony.

Firefox rules
Old 06-01-2009, 11:02 PM   #42
merely human

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/02/wa...ell-convictio/ | narrated demo featuring new, progressive details in narrative & gameplay

Splinter Cell: Conviction (links to official site)

OMFG. I could have an orgasm over this, I could. Just watch the thing, please.

And Sam is looking like the ultimate hot DILF with an emo complex! I've always loved him.

(to note, I still haven't completed Splinter Cell: Double Agent, though I hope to by the time this baby comes out)
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-02-2009, 03:45 AM   #43
The Quiet One

This year certainly seems to be very promising for video games.

I've only played the first Splinter Cell and i really enjoyed it. At some point i will play the sequels and that will certainly include Double Agent. I'll have to keep an eye on Conviction. One minor complaint i have with Double Agent and Conviction is Sam Fisher's look. I prefer the way he looks in 1-3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
Except the fact that it has tons of new features. Oh wait, does that constitute being underwhelming? Its valve. Quality Assurance comes first.
I never stated anything about it being underwhelming. It's just, to a degree, i don't see the point in a sequel. But i'm still curious about it. So how many new features does it have?
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 06-02-2009 at 03:51 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #44
Psychonaut

Nintendo Press Conference

Oh well this is probably gonna suck

Anyway Announcements

Wii games

* Mario game right off the bat - That's ambitious.. Super Mario Brothers Wii (Multiplayer Mario) - Looks just like the DS game, 2D with multiple people playing at the same time. It's no Super Mario Galaxy (Coming Holiday 2009)
* Wii Fit plus - New exercises. Customised routines. 15 new balance games. Juggling etc (Xmas 2009)
* Wii Motionplus - Didn't they show this last year. Love how they make it sound like a benefit when this is how the device should have been in the first place. Showing off Wii Sports Resort. - Canoeing, archary, table tennis, golf, sky diving (like pilot wings), Shot put, Basketball, sword fighting. (July 26th in US)
* EA games will launch with Wii motion plus (Tiger woods 10, Grand Slam Tennis) and Sega's Virtual Tennis.
* Red Steel 2 playable only with motionplus.
* Final Fantasy The Crytsal Bearers for Wii. Looked pretty decent.
* Super Mario Galaxy 2 - At last some decent hardcore ish game. This time with Yoshi. Yipeeeee!!
* The Conduit - Out in 3 weeks
* Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles on Wii trailer.
* Dead Space Extraction on Wii trailer.
* New Metroid game. Team Ninja teams up with Nintendo for Metroid Other M. Cool. At last a decent surprise.

DS Games

* Kingdom Hearts on the DS in September
* Mario & Luigi -Bowsers inside story rpg coming to DS coming this fall
* Golden Sun DS - in 2010. Trailer looks quite cool.
* James Patterson Womens Murder Club - coming to DS in October.
* Cop: the Recruit - Ubisoft DS game. Grand Theft Auto with a cop. Looks ok.
* Girls' Mode - Fashion game. Yikes!!
* Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks - Playable this week at E3.

DSI Specific

* Flip note studio - animation movie maker for the DSi.
* Mario vs Donkey Kong - Minis March again - Launches on June 8. Puzzle game where you can make your own levels
* Make your own micro games with Wario Ware

* Iwata is going on about how games are too hard for the new market he's trying to grow and that games should be able to satisfy all levels of gamers. and he launches the Wii Vitality sensor. Eeeh it's a pulse monitor for your finger. WTF is this sh*t!! Meditation on your Wii

Ok that was better than last year. A mixture of hardcore and casual gameness.

Metroid and 2 new Mario games a definite plus.

No new Zelda though.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #45

Send a message via MSN to MikeLXXXVIII

That Metriod game looked sick, just rewatched the trailer as I didn't see the whole trailer before.

Insane how innovative it will be for the metriod franchise, but I suppose it will feel more of an action game than an adventure game..
Old 06-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #46
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
I never stated anything about it being underwhelming. It's just, to a degree, i don't see the point in a sequel. But i'm still curious about it. So how many new features does it have?
Actually you sort of did say it. When you state that something isn't what it should be, then something is underwhelming meaning it doesn't meet expectations.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #47

Sony stole the show, my jaw was on the floor from the beginning

Uncharted2 was F-ing amazing, no wrods just check the footage when it will be uploaded.

Last guardian is trico name, no date but new trailer, with the creature now looking more like hyena with wings but epic, more epic.

gow3 was nuts, animation was nuts but short demo since floor has playable demo.

Surprises

MGS Peacewalker looks much btter than most nextgen games, and felt true MGS sequel, you have to see it to believe it.

FF14, yes 14 is coming to ps3 exclusive, and its MMORPG.

Rockstar exclusive with no footage, Agent.

LBP new expansion MOdnation which is mariokart racing typoe stuff, make you make courses and tracks.

Finally motion controller(awesome stuff c heck the videos when they will be up).

MAG was shown live with 256 players and graphics were tight, considering its mulitplayer.

More than happy and yeah assassinscreed2 was nuts too, live demo was there. AC psp version will have some sort of interoperability.

And surprisingly HR livedemo wasn't there on stage which was confirmed to be there, but tretton did mention its coming this year.
So showfloor will have playable demo i guess.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #48
The Quiet One

Quote:
Actually you sort of did say it. When you state that something isn't what it should be, then something is underwhelming meaning it doesn't meet expectations.
I'm a bit confused how i did say it was underwhelming in my 2 posts. I didn't state that the game should or shouldn't be anything specific. In my first post i was speculating that it would just be the same game as the first one, but with some new maps, characters, weapons and a few extras here and there. But nothing special worthy of a sequel. A lot of sequels seem to go down that road. If anything else, i was just being cynical.

You still haven't listed the 'tons of new features'.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #49
Psychonaut

Sony Press Conference

Ok Sony's turn to knock it out the park.

Funny start joking about press leaks. then ruined it with all corporate statistics rubbish.

Announcements

PS3

* Uncharted 2 - Shows a playable level. Multiplayer Beta starts tonight. Man this looks bloody fantastic. Great view over the city , chase scene across the roofs and a sexy voiced companion (Claudia Black). Oops building is collapsing. Whats with the black blood when you shoot someone though? (Coming this Fall)

* MAG - First showing of live gameplay. 256 players at the one time LIVE. Bloody Hell. Looked Cool. Wonder how it will really play over the interweb. (coming this Fall)

* Trailers with Uncharted 2, inFamous, Madden, Final Fantasy XIII, Batman, Brutal Legend, White Knight, Ghostbusters 3, Modern Warfare 2, Lost Planet 2, Tekken 6 and tons and tons more

* Rockstar North's new game. Agent, a 1970 spy game only on PS3. (Spy games are all the rage at the moment). No screens or video.

* Assassin Creed 2 - Playable Demo. Looks impressive Dancing party crowd, climbs tower, fireworks going off, Davinci flying machine (kick people off roof), Double takedown technique, smoke bombs. Looks superb. November 2009

* Final Fantasy XIII - Spring 2010. Nice trailer.

* Final Fantasy XIV - Exclusive to PS3 in 2010. Yes 14. Didn't see that one coming. Oh damn it's an online game.

* ModNation Racers- Little big planet meets Mario Kart. Complete control to customise your sackboy like avatar, his car and even the tracks, The demo of creating a track was quick and easy. This might be fun. Out 2010.

* The Last Guardian. That's the official name for TrICO. Superb looking trailer similar to the leaked one from the other week.

* Gran Turismo 5- Teaser for the new game showing superb graphics, London track, WAC Rally and NAscar racing. If your into that kind of thing.

* God of War III - Showing off 5 mins of playable game. Tiss some skeletons around, Hitch a ride with some Harpies, see a giant lava monster, gut a centaur, rip the snake tail of a monkey monster, This game is gonna be brutal. I can't wait. Out March 2010.

PSP

* PSP Go - Already Leaked but cool to see it officially. 16 GB, built in WI-Fi, download from PSN, Bluetooth, Micro memory port. (no touchscreen, tilt sensors etc) - $249 on Oct 1 in US and Europe(249 Euro) Damn I will be in Florida on that date. Wonder if the PSPGo is region free.

* Gran Tourismo PSP - Running on the new PSPGO. 60FPS, 800 cars, 35 tracks, Lots of single player modes, Says it's a full GT game and not a cut down version.Trade cars on wireless. Video looked impressive. 1 October 2009 (launching with PSPGo)

* Metal Gear Solid - Peace Walker on PSP. Set 10 years after MGS3 in the 70's in Costa Rica. Kojima writing and producing. Trailer was impressive, but whats with the multiple snakes in a box. Coming in 2010.

* Resident Evil Portable - New game designed for the PSP 2010
* Little Big Planet PSP
* Monster Hunter Freedom
* Socom 3
* MotorStorm PSP
* Jak and Daxter
* Assassins Creed Bloodlines PSP
* Fat Princess PSP
* 50 PS1 classics including Final Fantasy VII from today.
* A ton of others in the video that I couldn't see it was too fast and no names against them.

Non Gamey stuff

* Media Go - Access PSN from your PC. Used to transfer stuff to the PSP and PS3.
* Sense Me - Tailors you music playlist on the PSP to your mood.
* Lowering the licensing cost to make PSP's attractive to developers.
* Video service downloads now on PSP.
* Home - The usual new content, but where is the trophey room that they promised. Can't say i've ever bothered with Home.

* Motion Controller - Man those 2 guys looked REALLY nervous. Weird controller with a glowing globe on top. Uses the playstation eye. 3D movement in realspace. Nowhere near as impressive as the Natal on the 360. Still uses a controller and a camera. Although using 2 as "hands" was pretty cool, and the drawing shows off the precision of the controller. Contolling a shield and sword, controls for strategy games etc Overall I think it looks better than the Wiimote and could be cool, but the Natal was blooming impressive. For release in Spring 2010.

Well that was blooming impressive. I would say that Sony wins this years E3 battle with a mother load of great games there. The motion controller is better than the Wiimote, but maybe has less potential than the 360 one.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #50

Send a message via MSN to MikeLXXXVIII

I joked with a friend about that they will announce Final Fantasy XIV before XIII is out and it seems I was right!. Then again this isn't really a proper number Final Fantasy and just a sequel to the online game. Disapointing nevertheless...
Old 06-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #51

Here are 2 mind blowers

uc2
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...harted-2/50248

as2
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...ns-creed/50252
Old 06-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #52
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
But nothing special worthy of a sequel.
How does that not make someone assume it makes you feel that its to underwhelming to be properly considered a sequel. You say it yourself that it can easily be in the first game without the need of a sequel. Thats also ignoring the fact that the engine is drastically changed enough to have to redo a lot of the gameplay.

There is no reason to have to change all the previous maps/campaigns just because they evolved the engine and its gameplay.

Its like saying every adventure game with the same engine and gameplay could easily just be an addon to another game. L4D2 has enough new content and features to reckon a sequel.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #53

Heavy Rain E3 trailer

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_11267_en.html

Ratchet and clank

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7967_en.html

Best game of E3, i was confused between this and gow3, even trico but man this game doesnt feel either 09 game, too perfect visuals, naughty dog wins

Judge yourself

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...e-best-titles/

Hires pics blowing competition and everything

http://hdimage.org/images/vf0cm0rr62...ed2screen1.png

http://hdimage.org/images/m183sr42v3...ed2screen6.png

http://hdimage.org/images/f76damshmn...ed2screen2.png

http://hdimage.org/images/6fdjplz9yh...reenshot01.png
Old 06-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #54
The Quiet One

Quote:
How does that not make someone assume it makes you feel that its to underwhelming to be properly considered a sequel. You say it yourself that it can easily be in the first game without the need of a sequel. Thats also ignoring the fact that the engine is drastically changed enough to have to redo a lot of the gameplay.

There is no reason to have to change all the previous maps/campaigns just because they evolved the engine and its gameplay.

Its like saying every adventure game with the same engine and gameplay could easily just be an addon to another game. L4D2 has enough new content and features to reckon a sequel.
Okay, fair enough. You're right. Point taken.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #55
handsome

Now I just wanna see a DMC or, i dunno, a GodHand2 using either Natal (why is it called Natal?) or that ps3motionthingy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
OMFG. I could have an orgasm over this, I could. Just watch the thing, please.

And Sam is looking like the ultimate hot DILF with an emo complex! I've always loved him.
I have his phone number if you want ..
Old 06-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #56
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
I have his phone number if you want ..
DON'T TORTURE ME LIKE THAT!!!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #57

I'm really likin' the trailer for Super Mario Galaxy 2, especially when the familiar theme kicks in at the second half. The nice, lush grass looks damn purdy too. And Yoshi? Kick ass! I've got to say I thought we'd see more of the hardcore at the Nintendo showing, but that might have been 'cause all the sites hyped that up. Would've been nice to see Pikmin 3 or Zelda, but I'll most definitely take Super Mario Galaxy 2. I guess it would be insanely hard to follow the Microsoft show yesterday which freakin' blew me away...
Old 06-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #58
Homer of Kittens

Sony showed tons of games in their conference and it would have been REALLY impressive if it weren't that half of the conference was already leaked. Some stand outs for me are Uncharted 2, Assasin's Creed 2 (though I really hated the repetition in the first one so this one better have much more diverse missions), God of War 3, and the team ICO game. As far as the new exclusive Final Fantasy, you know you have the condition of sequilitis when your game has a number 14 next to it, and a sequel is announced before the game is even shipped. The motion controller is still too early to judge, but it lacks the coolness factor of the 360's controller. It did seem much precise though.

Now jumping on to the Nintendo conference. I literally fell asleep through half of it. They did have a couple of good announcements though like the 2 Marios (especially a sequel to Mario Galaxy, one of my favorite Nintendo Wii games), and a new Metroid. The DS has a lot more kick ass games, with a slew of RPG's hitting the platform. Wii Vitality sensor makes me want to nauseate.

Firefox rules
Old 06-03-2009, 04:36 AM   #59

It was a meh E3 for me. No Episode3 was really a shame.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #60
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
It was a meh E3 for me. No Episode3 was really a shame.
Thats the very reason why EA releases crappy games. Just to please impatient gamers.

Its valve. If you don't understand why I said that. Then just keep quite.

I thought this was the most groundbreaking e3 for sometime, with some of the best gameplay features and big name titles.