You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2009, 04:42 AM   #21

Wow its a blow out today, justcause2 and LP2 are awesome.
ME2 great storywise(cant wait) but environment graphics looks same and outdated UE3.

Anyways this will blow you , must download it, since the animations are buttersmooth and you wont get idea on stream

bayonetta E3 trailer

http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_11079_en.html

There is ratchet footage too, in beginning of Chapter3 here (animation is superb)

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrai...p=61&ch=3&sd=1

And that Bethesda game is FPS

"It's a first person shooter made by Splash Damage, the studio responsible for Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. It is also supposed to continue their tradition of making very in depth first person shooters, most likely with a large, fundamental class system.

Bethesda also went on to hype it up by claiming it would "transform the fps genre", but that's probably just marketing speech"

Concept art
http://i41.tinypic.com/n4ik54.jpg
Old 05-31-2009, 08:03 PM   #22
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadsoul View Post

There is ratchet footage too, in beginning of Chapter3 here (animation is superb)

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrai...p=61&ch=3&sd=1
I am a very big Ratchet and clank fan, having played all 3 PS2 games and Ratchet and Clank: Future. I did not enjoy Future like I did the old 3, probably coz the gameplay felt a little bit dated and hasn't evolved much since the PS2 era. I really did enjoy Quest for Booty however, where they introduced some new exciting gameplay elements. I hope this next game will have some of the elements they introduced in Quest for Booty, though from the very little footage there, it seems like it's going to be just like Future.

Firefox rules
Old 06-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #23
Psychonaut

Microsoft Press Conference

So How much of the rumours were true then.

Announced

* Beatle's Rockband - Looked OK, but not my cup of tea.

* Tonk Hawk Ride - Tony Hawk game with a Board controller. Looked liked fun if your into skating

* Modern Warfare 2 - Showed some playable section in the snow. Looks fantastic. Climbing up icefield, shooting in a snow storm, blow up a plane, snow mobiles etc Excellent

* Final Fantasy XIII - Spring 2010 release

* Shadow Complex - New live arcade game from Epic. Looked quite cool.

* Joy Ride - Race your Avatars. Rubbish.

* Left for Dead 2 - November 17th release

* Crackdown 2 - Looked fine never played the first one.

* Splinter Cell Conviction - Playable demo looked fantastic. The objectives appearing on the walls in screen looked a tad odd, but the game looked excellent. (Out this Fall)

* Forza Motorsport 3 - Out in October. 60 FPS, 400 cars, Car customisation and HD video creation.

* Halo ODST - Showed playable. Looked very Halo. Out in 22nd September

* Halo Reach - New Halo game out Fall 2010. Short teaser no gameplay (Is it Halo 4 or what??)

* Alan Wake - Playable on stage and out in Spring 2010. Fantastic.

* Metal Gear on the 360 - Well blow my socks off. The next game Metal Gear Solid - Rising (A Raiden game) on the 360. Presumably not an exclusive.

Non Games

* Last.fm music

* SKY on your Xbox. Live TV without a SKY box. Cool.

* Relaunching all the video as instant-on 1080p and share with your friends in Party mode. I.e you can all watch the same film.

* Facebook and Twitter on the Xbox shown by the georgous Felicia Day.

* Motion Controller (Project Natal) - Full body movement. No controller, Cheesy ad that ripsof the Wii adverts. Looks like fun though. Facial recognition, voice recognition, video calls with your friends, control the dashboard with voice or sweeping your hand. Looks a serious cool piece of kit. If it can do it all that the video shows. Even brought Spielberg into it. No Launch date. Imagine taking penalties in Fifa with this, lightabre battles etc.

*Tech Demos of a 3D breakout type game, a painting game, say the colour and paint away.

* Lionhead shows a Motion control game with the Project Natal device - A little boy called Milo and interacting with an character on screen. It's Weird a super Sims game with your own friend/kid on the 360.

Ok No handheld, but Sony will have to go some to match that motion controller.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #24
Psychonaut

You have to see the Lionhead Demo of the new Motion controller.

I SO WANT AN ADVENTURE GAME that uses that technology.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #25

Did livestream , and awesome experience untill kojima showed to backstab, final japanese guy to backstab , lol.

Alanwake was very disspointing, felt like AITD5 with polish.

Conviction was killer app.

M$ made some tight moves , mainstream takeover confirmed, that mocap was awesome, my bro went nuts too.

Sony now MUST show all its secret cards , including footage of trico and others. Sony now have no chance to win E3, all titles it has constantly delayed , for later and later, untill M$ came in and took opportunity by copying.

BTW, that milo thing is blatant ripoff of Eyepet. They took the idea to human level.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #26
The Quiet One

Left 4 Dead 2? I guessed it would happen but personally i don't see the point. It'll just be the same as the first but with a few new features and new maps. They may as well just release add-ons and upgrades for the first one. I'd sooner have some news on Half-Life 2: Episode Three.

Even if Alan Wake is like Alone in the Dark but with polish, i'm still happy/looking forward to it. The fact that Alone in the Dark was unpolished really made me despise the game. But if Alan Wake is a more polished product then that'll certainly help me to enjoy it. Plus, like GTA, it's a more 'open-world' kind of game. And if Remedy can pull-off an interesting plot, like they did with the Max Payne games, then that's even better.

I'm chuffed that Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming to the 360. It didn't seem like it was going to happen. I haven't played any of the MGS games and i'm curious about this one after all the praise it got. First there's concrete info on the Special Edition of The Secret of Monkey Island, then it turns out that Telltale Games are going to be releasing episodes of Monkey Island, and now this...

What a day. I wonder if there'll be anymore great news to be announced today.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #27
Psychonaut

It's not Metal Gear Solid 4.

It's the next Metal Gear game Metal Gear Rising with Raiden as the main star.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #28

And it could be different gameplaywise, lightning bolt action, WTF kind of tagline is that?

Anyways must see but they cut some good parts, E3 demo was long maybe holding for ubi conference.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7924_en.html
(check the gameplay video)

But after ^this^, uc2, gow3, HR alanwake would look AITD5 even with polish, spring nextyear is too far, total 1 year.

THIS GAME IS SUPER AWESOME, probably best on Wii

http://www.offworld.com/2009/06/e309...ayforward.html

Last edited by nomadsoul; 06-01-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #29
Psychonaut

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...ct-natal/50014 Cheesy Wii style trailer for the motion controller (Natal)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...ead-milo/50015 Now Imagine an adventure game with this tech.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #30
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
It's not Metal Gear Solid 4.

It's the next Metal Gear game Metal Gear Rising with Raiden as the main star.
Bugger. The announcements are a bit misleading when they say that 'Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming to the Xbox 360'. I'd've liked to have played that game. Oh, well.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #31
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Some big surprises, but I was hoping for more, like something about Halo 4 or the next Medal of Honor. Nice to see Alan Wake with a release date, finally.

Quote:
* Halo Reach - New Halo game out Fall 2010. Short teaser no gameplay (Is it Halo 4 or what??)
Considering that in Halo canon, the fall of Reach happened before the events of Halo 1, that seems unlikely.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #32
Stalker of Britain

New Halos! My boyfriend will be so excited. Not much has been said about it, though.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #33
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
Considering that in Halo canon, the fall of Reach happened before the events of Halo 1, that seems unlikely.
Really? Whatever

Was never a fan of the series so can't say i'm up on the canon. Halo 3 was seriously overrated. Bungie is in serious danger of being a one trick pony. I thought the whole point of them breaking away from Microsoft was to get away from being known as the Halo studio.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #34

Wohoo! Bayonetta. I'm REALLY looking forward to that game.

Shades of Violet: Song of the Clockwork Princess - Real soon!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #35

Quote:
You have to see the Lionhead Demo of the new Motion controller.

I SO WANT AN ADVENTURE GAME that uses that technology.
[Sarcasm]But it's not Point-n-click and worse, it's not available for the PC![/Sarcasm]

Seriously, if that thing works as advertised it can be a quantum leap forward for AGs.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #36
Headbanger

I must say, this years E3 is among the most interesting for me. Remake and sequels to Monkey Island, new Indy-game with great potential, Brutal Legend, Bioshock 2 and Alan Wake. I've been dancing around all day.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #37
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Quote:
Really? Whatever

Was never a fan of the series so can't say i'm up on the canon. Halo 3 was seriously overrated. Bungie is in serious danger of being a one trick pony. I thought the whole point of them breaking away from Microsoft was to get away from being known as the Halo studio.
That's a bit harsh. I felt the same way towards Halo 3 at first, but it grew on me. There was some genius in that game: the writing, the polish, the human relationships between the various characters. There's a layer of depth to Halo 3.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #38
Stalker of Britain

Well, my boyfriend absolutely loves the Halo franchise. I played through the first two game campaigns with him, you know; to share something with him. I wasn't as blown away as a lot of people were, but I understood why they loved it so much. The stories were pretty good, and the character interaction was awesome. I mean, I loved the Grunts to death. And besides that, Halo 3 was so big because of how addictive the Live part of it, playing with other people, is. And although he reads the books, is a total fan, he doesn't care about the new Halo RPG that came out. And don't get me started on those cute little Grunts; if they existed, I'd have one as a pet, even if Louie wouldn't let me.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #39

It's crazy, only one day in and I've already got the same excited feeling that the old school e3 used to bring. Project Natal seems kind of mind blowing (Lionhead's demo to be precise...), but it will be interesting to see how it's implemented in more traditional games. (Like GTA or Fable, how you direct the characters and all that...) Alan Wake also looks insanely awesome. Like stepping into a Stephen King book. An e3 that announces two new Monkey Islands? Bring on day freakin' two and Nintendo's show!

Last edited by D.C.; 06-01-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #40
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Left 4 Dead 2? I guessed it would happen but personally i don't see the point. It'll just be the same as the first but with a few new features and new maps. They may as well just release add-ons and upgrades for the first one. I'd sooner have some news on Half-Life 2: Episode Three.
Except the fact that it has tons of new features. Oh wait, does that constitute being underwhelming? Its valve. Quality Assurance comes first.