You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Activision threatens Sony

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 04:29 AM   #1

Default Activision threatens Sony

Of supporting platform

Drama starts

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...=1245400825888

“They have to cut the price, because if they don't, the attach rates are likely to slow,” he added. “If we are being realistic, we might have to stop supporting Sony. When we look at 2010 and 2011, we might want to consider if we support the console — and the PSP too.”

On other hand(old interview)

“I can’t remember a day that people who have no stake in the profitability of our company have not called for a price cut,” he says. “I think everybody but us would love to see it given away for free.”

“We’ll do everything we can do to make our pricing relevant. But remember cheapest isn’t always the most successful. It’s what you get for your dollar.”

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31204970/site/14081545
Old 06-19-2009, 05:16 AM   #2
Freeware Co-ordinator

It's hardly an attack. Activision are saying that they can't support a console if there isn't the market to generate a return for them. That's simple economics at work. If they can't get a decent return on games made for the console it would be bad business to continue making games for it. There's no doubt that the console price is going to limit sales of the console and hence the number of people they can sell to.

The Sony guy is right to say that cheap is not the same as good but that's not the same as justifying their price point.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree