You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
Thats the very reason why EA releases crappy games. Just to please impatient gamers.

Its valve. If you don't understand why I said that. Then just keep quite
I'm a Valve fan since HL in 98, so i understand better than most people how Valve usually works, thank you very much. Its two years since Ep.2, i dont want want the game now (actually i do ), i just want some damn information (that Doug promised last year), i think all HL fans deserve at least that.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #62

Quote:
I thought this was the most groundbreaking e3 for sometime, with some of the best gameplay features and big name titles.
Agreed. The show's not over yet, either.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #63
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
I'm a Valve fan since HL in 98, so i understand better than most people how Valve usually works, thank you very much. Its two years since Ep.2, i dont want want the game now (actually i do ), i just want some damn information (that Doug promised last year), i think all HL fans deserve at least that.
Same here. I too thought at least Ep 3 would be out by now since Ep 2 was released a year after Ep1.

Sadly, its still Valve. At least there games are quality upon release compared to 3d Realms and not able to judge the quality of a game because IT HASN'T BEEN RELEASED YET. lol

Cross your fingers though. I got word that there will be an announcement this September.

I might just go visit valve during that time too. Maybe I can playtest. ^_^
Old 06-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #64

IGN has posted an actual hands-on preview of Lionhead's Milo demo. It's an interesting read, rather odd and amusing too when the writer goes on a tangent about some random guy for an entire paragraph. Here's the link. So much potential here for future games!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #65
Roman5

I recorded this from the bbc last night about E3. Maybe there's some stuff in it of interest.

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/2vgxn5if8

Old 06-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #66
Adventure Dude =]

Modnation Racers looks really fun.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #67
handsome

Project Natal appearing on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, funny stuff
Old 06-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #68

How has no one mentioned Scribblenauts?
Everyone was talking about this game, and I have to say that if it delivers (which most people are saying it does). It might be the coolest thing ever. It's like a huge step above the 20Q.
http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/143042...e3_061009.html
Cthulhu vs. Skateboard God with Shotgun
I'm getting that the second it comes out for sure.

Good E3 though I don't think anything upcoming can top inFamous.
Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta is fun, so I'm excited for that, I just hope it improves on the first as far as single-player goes.
FF13 looks amazing of course and the new Dissidia FF looks awesome as well but I don't have a PSP. But unfortunately that's the only RPG for PS3 coming out that I care about. That's weird for a Playstation.
New Professor Layton will be worthwhile just to look at, and new puzzles are always great.
Assassins Creed 2 LOOKS good, but I hated the first.
MAG seems like it might not be for me, but it was definitely impressive.
C.O.P. for DS is amazing for the system. It's crazy what they can fit on a tiny cartridge.
New Metroid, from what I've seen. Though I couldn't finish the last one.
New Redsteel looks okay, I know the Wii can do better than that graphically. The only really good shooter we got was Metroid, and it has no multiplayer. I don't think that the Wii failed gamers as much as developers failed gamers when it comes to the Wii.
DCUO is far away, but it looks interesting. As far as which of the next generation of MMO I want, it's between that and The Old Republic. Maybe Champions Online.
The Beatles Rock Band. I just wish I could play it without having to play Rock Band.
Heavy Rain: We'll see how well they can make an entire QTE game by pressing X to not die. But it looks really amazing. VA and storyline will have to make it worthwhile.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:18 AM   #69
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by youfightlikeadairyfarmer View Post
How has no one mentioned Scribblenauts? (...)
http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/143042...e3_061009.html
Cthulhu vs. Skateboard God with Shotgun
that was awesome
Old 06-12-2009, 06:30 AM   #70

I am really excited for new castlevania, everything what i wanted CV to be in 3D. Locations and enemies are right on target , hope it manages to nail gameplay, but given koji supervision, i know it won't be halfbad.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #71
The Quiet One

I completely forgot about the new Castlevania. It certainly looks awesome.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 06-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Thanks! I posted these links, too, at Gay Gamer, another community I hang out in. Yeah, we gay guys love a good scary game, too, LOL!

The article gives more insight into how the game can immerse you. I think the Wii controller interface and A.I. profiling system are the strongest features here. I love that you can do a total 360 turn by just panning the controller in your hand off screen, but "moving" the torch with your arm (instead of merely your thumb) is quite immersive in itself.
Sorry to go off topic but is there really a Gay Gamer site, I dont know many gay people [I know alot of bi-sexual people so I guess that makes them half gay?].
Old 06-13-2009, 01:57 AM   #73
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader View Post
Sorry to go off topic but is there really a Gay Gamer site, I dont know many gay people [I know alot of bi-sexual people so I guess that makes them half gay?].
Yeah. http://gaygamer.net/

I frequent the place being that i'm Bi.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #74
Homer of Kittens

Now that the dust on E3 2009 has settled, it's time to check the latest and greatest upcoming games. We all love lists so here is my list of the top 10 (playable and non-playable) games at E3.

10- Heavy Rain - Indigo Prophecy was awesome, this one seems even better. With 4 playable characters, emotional story-telling, and the fact that the game doesn't end when one of the playable characters dies, this is the evolution of adventure games into a new and exciting era.

9- Metroid: Other M - Metroid is one of my favorite Ninty franchises, and the collaboration with Team Ninja brings a new and exciting direction to the series. With the direction of Nintendo, this can turn out to be a great partnership and an excellent game.

8- God of War 3: Kratos is back on the PS3, and he is even angrier than he ever was. This game is taking the series' over the top violence to a whole new level, and I can't wait to exert my vengeance on Zeus and his Gods.

7- Modern Warfare 2: Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare was one of the shooters where you felt like you were taking part in a real war. This sequel bring exciting new additions, like mountain climbing, snow mobile riding, and various other unannounced enhancements.

6- Dragon Age:Origins - Bioware is back with a great spiritual successor to Baulder's Gate that takes everything we love about Bioware games like the breathing, living world, the various choices we can make, and the emotional story telling, and brings it to the Fantasy genre. Oh and we also get to fight dragons

5- Super Mario Galaxy 2- Super Mario Galaxy was my top Wii game, so hearing about a sequel makes me very giddy with excitement.

4- Uncharted 2: Drake's first adventure was what the new Indiana Jones movie should have been. The adventure continues with a new love affair, and a new relic to search for. Dude Raider is the new Lara Croft.

3- Mass Effect 2- Bioware listens to their fans. Mass Effect was a flawed gem with a very live world, an epic story, but some very repetitive and forgettable planet exploration. Seems like all the repetitiveness will be addressed in this new game, so the side missions will be much more varied and exciting. Oh and is Commander Shepard going to die?

2- The Last Guardian- Team ICO + a kid that totally resembles the kid from ICO + a dragon/bird/thingy + one of the best trailers I have seen in E3 = Need I say more?

1- Brutal Legend - Tim Schafer is back, and this time instead of exploring a psychic summer camp, we are slicing demons in half while head banging to metal music. Judging by his track record, Tim Schafer can't go wrong. And this time seems like no exception.

Some honorable mentions: Splinter Cell: Conviction I am not a big fan of the series, but this new iteration is taking some bald new and exciting risks. I'm glad they are trying to push the stealth genre into a new direction. Assasin's Creed 2: first one had a very good premise, but the repetitiveness of the missions turned what was supposed to be one of the best games of this generation into a bore fest. Ubisoft has listened to our complaints, and this new game brings a lot more variety to the missions. Let's wait and see if this will play out better than the original.

Alright here is my list. What's yours?

Firefox rules
Old 06-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #75
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccsie View Post
...Splinter Cell: Conviction...this new iteration is taking some bald new and exciting risks.
'Bald' new? This game's definitely for me, then! Bald gamers of the world unite!!! \o/
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #76
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
'Bald' new? This game's definitely for me, then! Bald gamers of the world unite!!! \o/
hehe It would be cool if Sammy gets a hair cut

Firefox rules
Old 06-14-2009, 07:26 PM   #77
merely human

He did, a close crop if you hadn't noticed.

But it had to take our ol' friend Max to shave all his hair off.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #78
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
He did, a close crop if you hadn't noticed.

But it had to take our ol' friend Max to shave all his hair off.
Oh man that is one ugly Max payne. Hot bod though

Firefox rules
Old 06-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #79
Banned User

Still think Sam looks better. Freakin hot.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:37 AM   #80
merely human

Quote:
Still think Sam looks better. Freakin hot.
Tell me somethin' I duhn already know.