You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The erm........masturbation thread...

View Poll Results: When did you start to masturbate????
0-10 yrs 17 17.17%
10-15 yrs 66 66.67%
15-20 yrs 10 10.10%
I DON'T DO IT - ITS DISGUSTING! 6 6.06%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #101
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
I had been watching Skinemax at night for a while (several months at least) and then one day I couldn't stand it anymore and touched myself and literally a second or two into it I orgasmed. I remembered feeling incredibly disgusted and crept to the bathroom and washed my hands legs and genitals. I hated doing it for a couple of years but I couldn't control it, despite trying to quit several times. Within the last few years I've fully accepted the behavior as normal and don't relaly shy away from talking about it at all. I think the environment around me (my mom is rather conservative morally, living in a southern Baptist family, and I've been schooled with equally conservative kids) was responsible for my negative reactions to the behavior.
Nothing like dumb-ass parents and even dumber-ass religious upbringing to f*** up one's sex life. One important reason I why I shafted the Catholic church and its moronic dogma.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-08-2006, 06:47 PM   #102
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

C'mon guys, can't we have a nice thread about masturbation without someone dragging religion in to it?

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-08-2006, 07:00 PM   #103
merely human

Nope. That's the reality, masturbation has always had a less than respected rap in our culture mainly because of religion. I mean, c'mon! You were told over and over again (in blatant and in subtle ways) that it's wrong, and that gets internalized to the point where...well, look what happened to Spiwak. How can you NOT bring up or think about religion when discussing self pleasuring?

You can't blame Spiwak for naturally being aware of what he had to go through.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-08-2006, 07:23 PM   #104
Bad Influence

Okay, fair enough. I'll give you that one.
As I've said many times before, I had an atypical upbringing and things like masturbation simply weren't the big deal in my house that they were in other people's homes.

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-08-2006, 09:32 PM   #105
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

I dunno, I was raised Catholic, and I'm not in the least bit uptight about sex-related things. But then, Massachusetts is pretty familiar with the concept of the religious liberal.

I do find it weird that very conservative types get upset over the matter, though. You'd think they'd decide that having your young teen deal with their sexual urges by masturbating is better than having them deal with the urges by having premarital sex. (Then again, most very conservative types seem to expect people to have superhuman self-control.)

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 06-08-2006, 10:47 PM   #106
is not wierd

I didn't mean to start debates (although I do think the condescension towards masturbation is heavily dated if the Old Testament is the basis for it). It's just sort of a fact of life around here. You just don't....talk about that sort of thing down here, even though I'm sure most boys do it anyway. I know girls also do it but there are still girls I know that genuinely find the idea repulsive.

I mean, in my art classes if something I was doing incorporated genitalia people (including my parents) would seriously ask what was wrong with me, or if they be male genitalia, question my sexuality (though perhaps they were just incessantly joking with that, I can't say). Not everyone of course, but people nonetheless.

In the end it's only served to increase my fascination with eroticism and how people respond to it.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:20 AM   #107
Bad Influence

Nothing makes a thing so attractive as being told you can't have it.
If you don't mind my asking, where are you from Spiwak?

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-10-2006, 10:55 AM   #108
is not wierd

Florida. Not even the wild and crazy southern part but Jacksonville, as close to Georgia as you can get and also very near some military stuff (Air Force and Navy, respectively).

Of course, the whole city isn't conservative but most of the people I know are.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #109
Lovable rogue

I just remembered something curious I read a while ago.

Apparently somewhere in deepest America there is a certain group of Christian whackjobs that take abstinence one step further, and wear a bracelet as a sign of their commitment not to masturbate.

If they break their vow they must remove their bracelet and then suffer the "shame" when their friends notice.

These people are so retarded, and didn't anyone ever inform them that regular masturbation promotes a healthy prostate?

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 06-10-2006, 05:17 PM   #110
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob

Apparently somewhere in deepest America there is a certain group of Christian whackjobs that take abstinence one step further, and wear a bracelet as a sign of their commitment not to masturbate.

If they break their vow they must remove their bracelet and then suffer the "shame" when their friends notice.

These people are so retarded, and didn't anyone ever inform them that regular masturbation promotes a healthy prostate?
Thats just the dumbest thing ever. I don't see why it is anyone elses bussness if someone wanks, its their own choice. Same with sex.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 06-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #111
Bad Influence

Quote:

The thing is, most of these people are shameless hypocrites. Unless they actually get caught in the act of masturbating by another bracelet-wearer, they'll swear up and down that they never do it. Uh-uh, no how, no way, not me, I just had an itch, etc, etc.
Basically, this is just one more way to get parents who have long since forgotten what it's like to be a teenager off their backs for a little while...at least over one issue.

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #112
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Thats true, how would they find out? Would they check if theres cum on their trousers or something?! lol. They're all liers!

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 06-10-2006, 07:00 PM   #113
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Quote:

What was wrong with telling them that they'll go blind, wasn't that working?

Penn And Teller's Bullshit has a cool show on abstinence.
One billion dollars for abstinence "classes" in US schools taught by people that don't believe in teaching teenagers about and how to use condoms. That and scouts, that get payed by the US government, but the top people don't want athiests/agnostics and homosexuals in the scouts. I just doubt very much that most Americans would support this shit if they actually knew what was going on.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:18 PM   #114
Bad Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_
What was wrong with telling them that they'll go blind, wasn't that working?
Apparently not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_

Penn And Teller's Bullshit has a cool show on abstinence.
One billion dollars for abstinence "classes" in US schools taught by people that don't believe in teaching teenagers about and how to use condoms. That and scouts, that get payed by the US government, but the top people don't want athiests/agnostics and homosexuals in the scouts. I just doubt very much that most Americans would support this shit if they actually knew what was going on.
A lot of them around here are all for it.

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-10-2006, 07:24 PM   #115
Lovable rogue

Uh-oh, I was briefly a boy-scout, and I'm a godless fag.

Whatever would Akela say!

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 06-10-2006, 07:29 PM   #116
merely human

Quote:
Uh-oh, I was briefly a boy-scout, and I'm a godless fag.
Can I have your phone number?
Old 06-10-2006, 07:34 PM   #117
Lovable rogue

Sure, honey.

Old 06-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #118
merely human

Honey.

Honey.

Oh god.........FLOWING HONEY!!! MMMMM!!! OHHHHH!!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 12:21 AM   #119
Dungeon Master

I'm curious as to why "masturbation celibacy" is that crazy, or at the very least, why it's considered more crazy than abstinence from sexual activities with other people. No, I am not one of them bracelet wearers. But surely making fun of their rules, irrational as they may be, is actually against the notion that "why it is anyone elses bussness if someone wanks, its their own choice. Same with sex." No?
Old 06-11-2006, 02:33 AM   #120
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

^ I agree. I'm getting more than a little sick of people laying into pretty much anyone who happens to disagree with their own liberal views. And this is not me actually making a statement on the topic itself, before anyone feels the need to tell me that I'm a stuck-up, overly-conservative, socially-retarded idiot. Again.

And, before anyone cries hypocrisy, I also disagree with many of the views held by all kinds of groups. And I'd happily tell them my own opinion on a wide variety of issues. What I will not do, though, is start laying into things like religion in general just because a few particularly zealous people hold views that I don't agree with.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.