You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 02:38 PM   #221
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

*goes off to make a little fallopian balloon animal*
Old 10-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #222
merely human

I'd hate to be around when someone pricks it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #223
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
I've always thought they should hire clowns to tie women's tubes, then they could have a little fallopian poodle or something. Would be cute.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #224
merely human

Great. D'you actually expect Mrs. rlpw to clean up that mess now?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-11-2006, 02:46 PM   #225
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Great. D'you actually expect Mrs. rlpw to clean up that mess now?
That's what the kids are for!
Old 10-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #226
merely human

Their tongues can only lap up so much.

< runs >
Old 10-11-2006, 02:58 PM   #227
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Nah... goats never stop eating.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #228
Super Moderator

Fallopian dudes:

Old 10-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #229
merely human

The one on the left is kinda cute.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:29 PM   #230
Unreliable Narrator

But the one on the right has facial hair!
Old 10-11-2006, 04:32 PM   #231
merely human

Then YOU pick the crumbs and lint out of his beard.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:46 PM   #232
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:

I seriously doubt pinksie would want to
look this 'chic'.
I don't even want to look like most models. I don't really want to look like anyone. I just want to be me. If people like it or not is fairly irrelevant.

Quote:
I'm gravely concerned about pinksie's [non-]eating situation. Possibly one of the best things she should do is see a nutritionist in tandem with a therapist; the combination of the two should be able to help her get a grip on it.
Fuck so-called "experts". I don't need people telling me I'm apparently anorexic when this has nothing to do with it - I don't even need anyone telling me I have an eating disorder. I don't. I'm just too used to listening to my body, and my body is a slight bit too naive when it comes to foodstuffs.

Quote:
Also of paramount importance is to start an excercise regimen, there's nothing like high physical activity - sustained all the time - to get the appetite stimulated so that you have no choice but to eat more.
I didn't each much even when I did sports in school. What did make me eat more was being around my mum and dad, and having someone cook for me - I don't really have issues eating food if it's there, nor making food, it's just if I do make food by myself I tend to only be motivated to do that when I'm hungry. Which isn't often.

Quote:
Because if you continue not eating regularly it will not only drain your strength,
I haven't "eaten regularly" since I can think. I ate with a bit more regularity with my mum - call it 10% more. That's what I need - 10% more. That's all. I just need a way to psychologically trick myself into making food that 10% of the time, when I'm not hungry, but could eat.

Or, in short... it seems I simply don't have this thing called "appetite".

My current eating pattern has been in place for the past three years - my stomach issues are from the past two-ish/three-ish weeks. I'm probably not eating enough - but its effect is so light its progression is incredibly slow. Which is why I'd prefer coming up with a good psychological trick for myself rather than changing something major.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 10-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #233
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
Then YOU pick the crumbs and lint out of his beard.
Yay! And while I'm at it, I'll twist it into dreadlocks.

--

Dear AG Community Blog,

Why am I no longer prefacing all my posts in this thread with "Dear AG Community Blog"?

Perplexed,
The Squink
Old 10-11-2006, 04:48 PM   #234
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Here's all I can tell you:
1. I have found that vitamins stimulate your appetite so try that first, it won't hurt you at least.
This sounds perfect. Thanks a lot! I'll give that a try.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Trademark Overuser™
Old 10-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #235
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic View Post
Fuck so-called "experts". I don't need people telling me I'm apparently anorexic when this has nothing to do with it - I don't even need anyone telling me I have an eating disorder. I don't. I'm just too used to listening to my body, and my body is a slight bit too naive when it comes to foodstuffs.
pinksie, I'm going to be blunt with you. Fucking stop thinking you know everything, okay? Doctors and 'experts' don't exist simply to annoy you. They're there to help you, so stop being so damn defensive. Sheesh, no wonder some of us get pissy about you here, you're being passive/aggressive.

You ask for advice and then when we offer it you get all bitchy. What do you want from us?

I never insinuated you were anorexic. NO ONE here ever has, so STFU and at least consult an 'expert'. After all, YOU ARE ANYTHING BUT AN EXPERT in these things, and how in hell would you know that something might be seriously wrong with your body if you don't see an expert? How would you know, huh? Are you yourself a doctor? A nutritionist? NO.

If there IS something wrong with you, you are NEVER gonna know without a doctor or some other expert telling you.

I'm sick of people being so damn manipulative. I offer my help and I get shat on. Story of my life.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:55 PM   #236
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. See a general practice doctor (just to explain what is going on)
Not going to happen.

Quote:
2. Make sure you eat breakfast and vitamins
Breakfast - not going to happen. I'm hoping to get up from one meal a day to two meals a day, not three. Vitamins, again, sounds like a good idea, given rlpw's advice, so I'll probably try that. No breakfast, though - I've never been a breakfast person. And I don't care that much what studies say.

Quote:
4. When you eat a snack eat something that makes your stomach work to grind the food (i.e... celery, grapefruit)
I love salads and fruit, so that's not it.

Thanks for your advice, either way - I know my responses are largely cynical here, but that's because I know what I eat isn't that much the problem, simply because that's always "been the same"; it's more the amount.

What I haven't so far mentioned ('cause I wasn't aware of it) - The bloaty-stomach thing might just be a side-effect of eating too little coupled with my period, because that was the time it was most prominent in. It's less extreme right now. I had the impression it was just getting worse and worse, but as it's gone back in frequency a whole lot now after my period ended, I think that's a strong indicator in favour of hormones fucking around with me a bit, too.

So I'm slightly less fretting - but I still want to try what rlpw suggested, because that sounds just like what I need.

Trademark Overuser™
Old 10-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #237
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
I never insinuated you were anorexic.
Christ, not you. The 'experts'.

Trademark Overuser™
Old 10-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #238
merely human

How is it you'd be certain they'd label you as anorexic? Do you even know what that medical term means?

Here. READ. If you actually DO suffer from anorexic symptoms, AT LEAST YOU WOULD KNOW AND CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT rather than getting on not knowing and suffering the consequences later on.

I'm just frustrated because I do care about you and don't want you to get ill if there really is something wrong. That is why you frustrate me.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #239
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I don't know how much dairy products you eat, they can cause problems. My mom turned out to be allergic to lactose which means she must avoid milk, cream and such products. Anyway, she had pretty much the symptoms of her stomach that you're explaining.
I do have a lactose intolerance - do they get worse? I've never so far had troubles with cheese, but if they get worse, then that might pertain to it. Would you say that could be it? (I really like cheese, so I've never done anything to avoid it before.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Perhaps you and BoyToy can make some agreement to have at least two meals together.
That's a great advice, thanks! I'll see if we can work out something in that regard.

Trademark Overuser™
Old 10-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #240
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
How is it you'd be certain they'd label you as anorexic? Do you even know what that medical term means?
I'm not certain - I'm being cynical. I've had very bad experiences with doctors... I had to wear glasses for a long time of my life because an "expert" decided my eyesight was screwy. I have very unusual, hyperactively focussing eyes - I get ridiculously high/skewed readings on those optical devices that check your eyesight, as I know now thanks to someone who did know what they were doing - they got contradictive readings, and instead of putting the second reading off as hogwash and unimportant, they took a closer look.

Hence my opinion on "experts".

Mind you, if someone around me would suggest me someone they had good experiences with, I'd go - it's just the general "Go to an expert" I have to sneer at in reflex a little.

Trademark Overuser™