You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 05:08 PM   #241
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Oh, I never realised you edited your post, sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
I'm just frustrated because I do care about you and don't want you to get ill if there really is something wrong. That is why you frustrate me.
I'm sorry, Trep. I know I'm obnoxious (hey, I'm Brat[TM]!). Know that I love you for what you do and who you are - just because I may loudly disagree doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. I do.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 10-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #242
merely human

I annoys me when you get so defensive. As if it's even MY fault when you ask for advice. Meanwhile you're thanking everyone else for theirs. How do you think that makes me feel?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-11-2006, 06:56 PM   #243
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
I annoys me when you get so defensive. As if it's even MY fault when you ask for advice. Meanwhile you're thanking everyone else for theirs. How do you think that makes me feel?
I understand her thoughts on professional help all to well dear Trep. I actually have a phobia of doctors and needles that I cannot seem to shake. Trust me it's terrible now that I am over 40 and have diabetes in my family history. I know you are trying to help in the manner you deem best and no, I am not trying to patronize you so put that out of your head.

Besides, you prob still look better in her jeans than she does
Old 10-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #244
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Pinksie - Don't stop eating cheese! Lactose as milk sugar is in the liquid part of milk, and it is the milk solids, (with the whey or liquid drained off), that's used to make cheese. Some of the fresh cheeses (as opposed to the aged ones) like feta, cottage cheese, mozzarella, ricotta, mascarpone, etc, still have the milk whey still in them, and may cause you problems. Also, the higher the butterfat content, the less lactose in them - the more fat, the less whey. Not sure if you can get this in Germany, but in the US we have a company called Lactaid, that makes lactose-free milk, and this is available in supermarkets - it has a slightly sweeter flavor than regular milk.

FGM
Old 10-12-2006, 05:58 AM   #245
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Awesome! I get to continue eating cheese!

They have a brand called Minus-L here - it's not lactose free, but it's greatly reduced. It tastes sweeter than your average milk and upsets my stomach far less, so I occasionally get myself some of that. I've yet to see an actual lactose free one, though (sadly).
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 10-12-2006, 08:28 AM   #246
Dungeon Master

1. Jelena gave the advice I'd give above all: eat in company.

2. When that's impossible, try going out to eat. Maybe only I am weird that way, but when being alone for long periods of time, especially if I am doing something time consuming (be it work or playing computer games), I often get oblivious to hunger, to the point of living on snacks all day long. But if I actually make an effort to visit a bar/diner/restaurant, I feel that I must order something substantial to justify this decision. Of course, that's a bit expensive psychological trick, but maybe it'll work for you, too.

Mind you, I never had your condition - and in fact used to struggle with quite an opposite one - so take my advice with a grain of salt (pun not intended).
Old 10-12-2006, 10:10 AM   #247
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
2. When that's impossible, try going out to eat.
I do that as often as possible already. For two reasons, actually, only one being your reasoning - mine also includes (first and foremost, actually) that my appartment is small and I like getting out of this tiny hole I call place-to-live. It's lovely cosy, but I'd go nuts if I couldn't go out somewhere occasionally!

I'm afraid if I did any more of that, I would turn from a broke student to an indebted student, but I'll agree wholeheartedly with your thoughts about it.

Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 10-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #248
merely human

Well, looks like I won't be getting any errands done today. Unfortunately I got a late start and by the time I went for a shower the management had shut off the water for the afternoon (regular operations for these few days in light of renovations being done in the building), and I only remembered such when I was already soaping my face and head and the stream dwindled to a trickle.

Ah well, I'll just shower a bit later. I can accomplish some of my errands tomorrow after work, hopefully I won't be too tired.

I really wish I had a friend or two here in South Pasadena I can meet with regularly for coffee or even a drink. I can only take so much sitting in front of the laptop.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 10-12-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:34 PM   #249
Lovable rogue

Just got back from my night out, had a fabulous time, tell you all about it tomorrow when I'm sober and can form coherent sentences.

It's 2:34AM local time, if you're at all curious.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-12-2006, 05:41 PM   #250
merely human

< tucks an inebriated Jatsie into bed and kisses him good night >
Old 10-12-2006, 05:45 PM   #251
Lovable rogue

< has very sweet dreams, after such a lovely putting to bed >

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-12-2006, 05:46 PM   #252
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
< tucks an inebriated Jatsie into bed and kisses him good night >
Aww your no fun. Shave his eyebrows while he's passed out.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:18 AM   #253
Lovable rogue

So, my night as I promised:

It didn't start off too well, I had arranged to meet up with some people, but we hadn't really specified a time, so I turned up at approximately 9:15, and the others arrived at 10. Normally the prospect of waiting alone in a bar for a significant amount of time would have been incredibly unappealing to me, but strangely I wasn't that bothered last night. I just sat at a table and nursed a couple of drinks whilst watching the door.

The bar was having a "hits of the 70s, 80s & 90s" night, so the group of us decided to crash it, and turned it into an impromptu gay event.

At first we were the only ones on the dance floor, dancing and singing along to the cheesiest of the cheesy from decades gone by. My friend, who's camp as Christmas bless him, was shocked that I knew the lyrics to some of the songs that even he didn't. He's such a riot, at one point a smoke machine suddenly came on, and as this cloud of gas emerged above our heads he brought hands to his face in a look of faux shock and screamed "Auschwitz!!" I couldn't stop laughing.

The night had many high points musically, we all had fun with The Weather Girls and It's Raining Men, the low point had to be when we were dancing to Rick Astley, that's just cringe worthy.
For any fans of The Hoff, they played the theme to Baywatch, and the wasn't the only piece of TV music, we got down to Hawaii Five-O as well.

I met a girl who told me she had a cute friend who would "like my look", then she asked if I had a MySpace so she could introduce us - which I don't - so that was the end of that.

There's nothing significant that happened to mention, it was a typical fun night - music, dancing, liquor - and I had a hoot and a half.

Old 10-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #254
merely human

LOL!! See? We gay guys know how to have serious fun. Why do you think girls love us, often times far more than they love breeder guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatsie
I met a girl who told me she had a cute friend who would "like my look", then she asked if I had a MySpace so she could introduce us - which I don't - so that was the end of that.
MySpace is the work of Satan. Each time anyone logs on a kitten dies.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:01 AM   #255
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Do you mean, "Every time you log into MySpace, God kills a kitten?"
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2006, 10:07 AM   #256
Creepy Father Figure

Woohoo kill dem Kittens

And the reason I always found that the Chikas love them gayboys is that they can have fun while not having to fight off the sex cruiser dudes. You know the 'I throw out the same line to all the chicks and have an empty black book that proves how good it is.'
Old 10-13-2006, 10:11 AM   #257
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
At first we were the only ones on the dance floor, dancing and singing along to the cheesiest of the cheesy from decades gone by.
Jat
My mental picture of you is starting to crack and I'm getting confused by it. Now I don't see a gentleman in a robe by that small table anymore. It's still very blurry. You've changed. Why don't you put me out of this confusion and post a picture ASAP.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #258
Lovable rogue

I am a gentleman with many facets, like a beautiful diamond...

Old 10-13-2006, 10:58 AM   #259
merely human

For some reason I read 'facets' as 'faucets'.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #260
Lovable rogue

See, that wouldn't happen if you people used a simple word like "tap."