You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2007, 08:53 AM   #1221
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Entering our local pharmacy is a sure way for me to get my adrenaline pumping and anger rising.
I don't think I've ever been in there without having to wait in line at least 30 minutes. And because of my daughter's medicines I go there regularely. Today was of course no exception. I had put in money for 40 minutes in the parking meter, but was still a couple of minutes late back to the car. No parking ticket thank god!

Sorry for the ranting, I just had to let it out of my system.
I don't blame you; I would rant about that too. The wait is just ridicules. No one should have to wait for 30 minutes or longer to get medication. There has got to be a better way to handle things like that.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 06-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #1222
Lovable rogue

I suggest flirting with the chemist, maybe hold the prescription in your cleavage when you present it to him.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 06-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #1223
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
I suggest flirting with the chemist, maybe hold the prescription in your cleavage when you present it to him.
They're all women. Besides, this town is way too small for a teacher to start flirting openly. I have to think about my reputation.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #1224
Lovable rogue

Send Christer to get the prescription then!

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 06-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #1225
Lazy Bee

*laughs*
OK, I have to tell you.... he's not known as a flirtatious person.
Actually he's becoming grumpier and grumpier for each year.
Still love him though.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #1226
kamikaze hummingbirds

You could tell him to put the perscription at the end of the barrell of an Uzi.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:16 AM   #1227
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
*laughs*
OK, I have to tell you.... he's not known as a flirtatious person.
Actually he's becoming grumpier and grumpier for each year.
Still love him though.
But the real question is, does he have a cleavage he could put the prescription in?
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 06-13-2007, 11:19 AM   #1228
Lovable rogue

How about the gluteal cleft?

Old 06-13-2007, 12:59 PM   #1229
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Otherwise known as the PC.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:07 PM   #1230
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

My day week month has been made. Twice.

Not only does Noko tell me that Apollo Four Forty will be touring Europe in the near future (= likely this year), but I just managed to organise a meet-up with one of my favouritest* people in October. Ooh. It's wonderful.

* I know this is not a word. Hush. Don't burst my bubble of girlish giddiness.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 06-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #1231
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgothic View Post

* I know this is not a word.

Darn right. "Favoritest" doesn't have a "u" in it.

Ona more serious note, congrats, Pink.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #1232
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Mwah. I just changed all major files of the forum I used to moderate on to point to a 'hijacking' page. Forced time-out for the different fronts! Mwahaha.

Affected person: "so... um, how long is it going to be offline?"
Me: "Oh, I dunno. Someone suggested Tuesday."
Affected person: " nooooooooo!"
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 06-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #1233
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

I feel your pain, Scandanavian saps. I was in Stockholm last weekend and it was boiling (by European standards). And there were some nutters running a marathon! A marathon! In that heat! Just a crazy as running 26 miles in a hot country like Greece, if you ask me.

Incidentally, there were hordes of screaming teenagers driving around the city on the back of flatbed lorries, pumping out some loud music and generally looking pleased with themselves. I'm sure I heard on these very forums, possibly from our own Jelena, that this was some kind of graduation ritual, which certainly allowed me to appear very well-informed and knowledgable - but am I imagining it? I can't find any hint of this conversation taking place by searching Chit-Chat. It's a mystery!

Weather here is rubbish, by contrast. Spent an uncomfortably long time queuing on the motorway yesterday, which was flooded. Not a great lead-up to summer.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:58 AM   #1234
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz View Post
Incidentally, there were hordes of screaming teenagers driving around the city on the back of flatbed lorries, pumping out some loud music and generally looking pleased with themselves. I'm sure I heard on these very forums, possibly from our own Jelena, that this was some kind of graduation ritual, which certainly allowed me to appear very well-informed and knowledgable - but am I imagining it? I can't find any hint of this conversation taking place by searching Chit-Chat. It's a mystery!
It was indeed graduation from upper secondary school/senior high school.
Usually looks something like this:
I can't remembering explaining it on the forums. Here's an explanation though:
The students leave school and are met outside the schoolbuilding by family and friends carrying placard with pictures of the student. Most often some funny picture from when he/she was a small child. Then the students go through town in a huge cortège in different vehicles: convertible cars, lorries or carts.
To finish off they visit all the families houses of their graduation class and party all night long.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:35 AM   #1235

Dear Diary,
Ah! Another successful mission!
All in the name of THE SHADOW METAL DAWN MASTER!
That ice cream man will be SORRY that he didn't except cheques!
Ha ha ha ha ha!

From Bomber Joe Stralzerberg.

P.S. Weather is just beastly.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:00 AM   #1236
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Yes Jelena, that's exactly what it looked like.

If I didn't hear about it here, I wonder where I did. It's not as though I know loads of Swedes. Hmm...

The weather is indeed still beastly. Bomber Joe, your next mission is to sort it out.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #1237
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Dear blog

I'm going crazy!

the 31 of July we have to move out of our student apartment. My bf finishes his studies this summer (he's done the exams, waiting for results), so we can't live in a student apartment any longer. It's impossible to get a new apartment here in Oslo without proving a stable income, which I can't prove after august, and my BF isn't close to. Therefore he was supposed to apply for work these last months, both in Oslo and other places, so that we'd have a place to move to.

He's currently working once a week, and going to work summer for them, but they can't employ him full time. I first asked him in April to find out of this, and it was the end of May before he finally got his recommendation letter.
He wrote his first job application (of a total of two) yesterday, while being in Bodo celebrating a big family birthday.

So we have about a month for him to get a job, find an apartment and move out of this one. And with his current pace of one application a day, the chance of him getting a job at all is very slim. Add to that the fact that he thinks he might have failed two of his exams, and might not get his bachelor degree, then you might understand why I'm freaked out.

I just have to sit here, watching him throwing away our future being lazy, and not having a clue what's going to happen after July..
I'm currently getting social security (called rehabilitation compensation), but might be thrown over on unemployment social security after August, and have therefore nothing I can use when looking for an apartment. And if we get an apartment in oslo, he might be offered a job somewhere else!
Just don't know what to do, I'm stressing, and he doesn't seem interested in even trying!

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 06-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #1238
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

That's going to be tough month Panthera, I hope you guys can make it! You should kick him around a bit to shake of the lazyness!

It's really sad thing that if you can get a student apartment no longer and all the other apartments cost so much... It's kind of the same around here too in some places.

I had my entrance exam today, I have a good feeling about this. I wrote 8 pages worth of stuff and I knew most of the stuff that they asked in the essay questions. I hope I can get in to the university. 20th July I will receive the results.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #1239
Lazy Bee

Panthera
You're in a tricky situation, no doubt. You have to find out a way to get him going, but how.... ?

Kolzig
Nice work on the entrance exams!
Old 06-18-2007, 12:03 PM   #1240
capsized.

Your bf sounds a lot like me in some ways, Panthera. In which case, even a kick in the butt wouldn't do much of anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolz
It's really sad thing that if you can get a student apartment no longer and all the other apartments cost so much... It's kind of the same around here too in some places.
I was a bit lucky back in my days... FIrst, I sent in my application just a couple of days prior to the closing date and STILL got a place in the most sought-after study course at that time. And second, I rented a flat less than a week before the whole thing started....

swimming pool included.

Here's me,

recently I've started to suspect my mom of having an affair at 54.

Yours sincerely, forever and ever and ever (really?).