You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 10:01 AM   #1181
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
Didn't know you were a teacher... is there any reason to be scared?
You know I don't hit kids.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:09 AM   #1182
Second Degree Black Belt

Ham- thanks for the congrats

Jelena- Have you started counting the hours yet....teehee Going back August 15th what will you do with all of your semi-free time? I say semi- b/c I know that your garden and your books will probably get a good work out.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 05-31-2007, 10:09 AM   #1183
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
You know I don't hit kids.
So true!

Yet, one of my former German teachers was a nightmare for me and he wasn't a hitter, either.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:15 AM   #1184
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Jelena- Have you started counting the hours yet....teehee Going back August 15th what will you do with all of your semi-free time? I say semi- b/c I know that your garden and your books will probably get a good work out.
You're right, I'll read a lot, and keep my garden in good shape. I'll most likely play a bunch of adventure games as well. Then we'll do the yearly visiting of relatives and take our boat out into the archipellago. That's about it I guess.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:24 AM   #1185
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
You're right, I'll read a lot, and keep my garden in good shape. I'll most likely play a bunch of adventure games as well. Then we'll do the yearly visiting of relatives and take our boat out into the archipellago. That's about it I guess.
Oh that sounds very nice..... and very relaxing

Old 05-31-2007, 10:26 AM   #1186
capsized.

Quote:
Oh that sounds very nice..... and very relaxing
And she's allowed to do all of this in Sweden too. Really, who needs to spent the holidays abroad if you're Swede!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:26 AM   #1187
Lazy Bee

Btw Bulldog. How far have your business plans come?
Old 05-31-2007, 10:29 AM   #1188
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
And she's allowed to do all of this in Sweden too. Really, who needs to spent your holidays abroad if you're Swede!
I do! *startled look*
There are no guaratees of having a nice and warm summer up here. It just might rain and be chilly all summer long. I desperately need sun, that's just the way it is.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:42 AM   #1189
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
And she's allowed to do all of this in Sweden too. Really, who needs to spent the holidays abroad if you're Swede!
Teehee, I would love to visit Sweden on day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
Btw Bulldog. How far have your business plans come?
I think that I have hit the “preverbal wall”. You know that road block in the road that you hit most times you try and do something.

I just got off the phone with a child care franchising company. I don’t know if I should be insulted or relieved. He told me that I will need to have $2.2 million dollars to fund a “for – profit” child care center. Now mind you that this is a common amount among franchising child care facilities. Well of course no bank in their right mind would ever qualify me for that kind of money, not even the SBA would give me that kind of money.

He suggested that I go non- profit. Which would be bad with the exceptions of very low pay and the hours would be any where from 60 hours a week. The only good thing would be the rewards from the kids. But that alone will not feed my family. But I read somewhere on line where I could have a non-profit status but still have a for-profit side as well. That will be the next thing I check into.

Thanks for asking

Old 05-31-2007, 11:29 AM   #1190
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
I think that I have hit the “preverbal wall”. You know that road block in the road that you hit most times you try and do something.

I just got off the phone with a child care franchising company. I don’t know if I should be insulted or relieved. He told me that I will need to have $2.2 million dollars to fund a “for – profit” child care center. Now mind you that this is a common amount among franchising child care facilities. Well of course no bank in their right mind would ever qualify me for that kind of money, not even the SBA would give me that kind of money.

He suggested that I go non- profit. Which would be bad with the exceptions of very low pay and the hours would be any where from 60 hours a week. The only good thing would be the rewards from the kids. But that alone will not feed my family. But I read somewhere on line where I could have a non-profit status but still have a for-profit side as well. That will be the next thing I check into.

Thanks for asking
Sounds to me like they want you to cough up a terribly large percentage and buy-in while keeping you obliged for all the liability. I would get in touch with local officials about what sort of documentation, license, and insurance is needed and also your zoning requirements. A lot of places here have a 4 or 5 child limit in on in-home care so you might want to look into it.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:44 PM   #1191
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Congrats to Bulldog about the teaching!
Congrats also to Jelena about your upcoming and LONG vacation!

I graduated today from the vocational institute AND they gave me a scholarship or more likely a student award because my numbers were near the top of the school! That means MONEY, sweet, sweet money and also a diploma! (Just perfect for a poor man like myself)
Also, tomorrow my regular 8am to 4pm work at Wärtsilä starts!

AND THE SUN IS SHINING THROUGH THE WHOLE NEXT WEEK IN FINLAND! (At least according to the meteorologists) Life is pretty sweet sometimes, eh? The summer seems to be starting now around here.

Three weeks to the university entrance exams, I have a good feeling about this.

Recent week has been preeettty interesting, last saturday I had a school reunion with some people who I hadn't seen in 10-15 years, some excellent quality time was spent with some very nice people who gave me so much strength with their speeches, because I sure did listen.

Oh and also something amazing happened on last tuesday, I was at the swimming hall and my friend taught me how to dive properly in water, I've always been a bad swimmer, but I surprised myself by diving to the bottom of the 4,1 meter pool and took a ring item from there with me. I feel like I can achieve the impossible right now and by that I mean of course the entrance exam!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

Last edited by Kolzig; 05-31-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #1192
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw
Sounds to me like they want you to cough up a terribly large percentage and buy-in while keeping you obliged for all the liability. I would get in touch with local officials about what sort of documentation, license, and insurance is needed and also your zoning requirements. A lot of places here have a 4 or 5 child limit in on in-home care so you might want to look into it.
Yeah, it is kind of along those lines. I needed just for them to talk to me I needed $250,000 - $300,000. I can handle that financially Matt and I have been saving for a long time for this. But then he told me that I’m going to need all that extra money….oh boy I had to pick my jaw up off the desk.

But back to the other statement, I have checked into keeping kids, and I do keep two others kids besides my daughter, but since I’m in a residential neighborhood, I would have to apply to the County set, Which is $300 to apply. Then wait for that to go threw, then I would have to go before the County Judge (magistrate) and pay the fees associated with that, then go before a state court judge and pay any fees associated with that Judge and the ruling to turn my house’s zone papers from residential to commercial. The cost of all that was going to be around $1,000. I know that is a drop in the bucket compared to the other money but of that $1,000 I wasn’t going to get any of that money back. The money that I was applying for (the million dollars) I was going to get in grants.

If I go non-profit then I can qualify for even more money and turn my center into the best thing in my county. And that is what I’m after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Congrats to Bulldog about the teaching!
Thanks honey – bunny. Good job on your numbers and your new job.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:27 PM   #1193
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsie View Post
Great news for, since I got my Black Belt in December I have been helping my instructor with teaching. I have been his assistant since February. That in its self was great for me; I help him on Mondays and Wednesday from 5:45pm - 8:45 teaching three classes. So last night he asked me if I wanted to take over the Wednesday classes. WOW, of course I said sure thing. So now I am a full fledged teacher all on my own on Wednesdays nights from 6pm - 8:45. I'm so excited.
I love you for dat.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-31-2007, 05:38 PM   #1194
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
I love you for dat.
awwwww thank you kisses right back at ya' babe

Old 06-01-2007, 01:58 AM   #1195
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
I graduated today from the vocational institute AND they gave me a scholarship or more likely a student award because my numbers were near the top of the school! That means MONEY, sweet, sweet money and also a diploma! (Just perfect for a poor man like myself)
Also, tomorrow my regular 8am to 4pm work at Wärtsilä starts!

Oh and also something amazing happened on last tuesday, I was at the swimming hall and my friend taught me how to dive properly in water, I've always been a bad swimmer, but I surprised myself by diving to the bottom of the 4,1 meter pool and took a ring item from there with me. I feel like I can achieve the impossible right now and by that I mean of course the entrance exam!
Way to go Kolzig!
With a positive attitude like yours you can achieve everything you want!
Old 06-02-2007, 06:51 AM   #1196
Lazy Bee

Nisse (the neighbour's cat who sleeps on my door step every night) is right now enjoying his dinner: a rat on the lawn in front of our house. I don't know whether to be proud of him or upset.
I think I go for proud, (I wouldn't want that rat alive in our garden) although I don't like the crunchy sound he's making while chewing.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:10 AM   #1197
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Nisse (the neighbour's cat who sleeps on my door step every night) is right now enjoying his dinner: a rat on the lawn in front of our house. I don't know whether to be proud of him or upset.
I think I go for proud, (I wouldn't want that rat alive in our garden) although I don't like the crunchy sound he's making while chewing.
Good kitty! Our cats do the same with moles. Sometimes they even try to give them to us as offerings!
Old 06-10-2007, 12:08 PM   #1198
The Reggienator

Now I really do believe 100% in the climate change and the ozone layer disappearing.

For the past week the temperature has reached 30 celsius and gone over it in Finland. For the record, I have never had to use sun lotion in my life, but today I just had to use it for the first time ever.

Yesterday and today, my skin on my arms got burned. It's all bright red and it aches a lot, especially when I went to the shower and warm water got in touch with my arms.

If the weather keeps being too warm like it's now, everything is going to go to hell. At the moment I fear skin cancer (melanoma etc.) very, very much...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #1199
capsized.

So you're suffering your first sunburn in your entire life and that's enough to make you officially announce the coming of The End?

Don't worry about immediately getting skin cancer, pal. It doesn't quite work just like that, mostly... Er, I guess. At least, I've had sunburns pretty often, even more, I'm suffering one right at this very moment, too. Skin's already peeling off, but don't worry, I won't go into more details here.. Apart from that, y'see, nothing to be afraid of: We're in the same boat. w00t!
Old 06-10-2007, 01:29 PM   #1200
The Reggienator

Well yeah, I have to add that I wasn't sunbathing, as I never have done that and I never will.

I was only outside playing football with my friends for about 3 hours, and that was enough to cause all this annoying burning. I did have a short sleeved shirt and shorts, so I'm "pretty happy" that only my arms got burned.

Last summer was hot as hell, but it was nothing like this summer. I'm kind of scared to even think what next years summer will be when the temperatures are going totally crazy even now already.