View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 04:55 PM   #236
pinkgothic
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. See a general practice doctor (just to explain what is going on)
Not going to happen.

Quote:
2. Make sure you eat breakfast and vitamins
Breakfast - not going to happen. I'm hoping to get up from one meal a day to two meals a day, not three. Vitamins, again, sounds like a good idea, given rlpw's advice, so I'll probably try that. No breakfast, though - I've never been a breakfast person. And I don't care that much what studies say.

Quote:
4. When you eat a snack eat something that makes your stomach work to grind the food (i.e... celery, grapefruit)
I love salads and fruit, so that's not it.

Thanks for your advice, either way - I know my responses are largely cynical here, but that's because I know what I eat isn't that much the problem, simply because that's always "been the same"; it's more the amount.

What I haven't so far mentioned ('cause I wasn't aware of it) - The bloaty-stomach thing might just be a side-effect of eating too little coupled with my period, because that was the time it was most prominent in. It's less extreme right now. I had the impression it was just getting worse and worse, but as it's gone back in frequency a whole lot now after my period ended, I think that's a strong indicator in favour of hormones fucking around with me a bit, too.

So I'm slightly less fretting - but I still want to try what rlpw suggested, because that sounds just like what I need.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™